Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    Jesus, these are nice aren't they .Played one about two months ago in WG, which I loved but this just feels stunning. Very happy, bargain, IMO! Cheers to the fellas at GuitarGuitar, who seem to be getting stick...this one's perfect!

zat faded ice tea?
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    This is my R8.  There are many like it, but this one is mine.

3reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Schweeeeeeeeeet!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    Looks great! Keep the pics coming. Some beautiful guitars these R8s!
  • pmgpmg Frets: 297
    So we’re all in agreement that despite Gibson’s dubious online QC reputation/variability the custom shop is consistently good (as it should be?).  Happy days.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    edited August 2018
    pmg said:
    So we’re all in agreement that despite Gibson’s dubious online QC reputation/variability the custom shop is consistently good (as it should be?).  Happy days.
    It’s their pricing that sucks - partly through exchange rate and tax but mostly because their prices suck. 

At this price, it’s a good guitar for the right money
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2139

And with the right name on the headstock crucially. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hootsmon said:
    Jesus, these are nice aren't they .Played one about two months ago in WG, which I loved but this just feels stunning. Very happy, bargain, IMO! Cheers to the fellas at GuitarGuitar, who seem to be getting stick...this one's perfect!

zat faded ice tea?
    Absolutely is, mate. I'm smitten.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    pmg said:
    It’s their pricing that sucks - partly through exchange rate and tax but mostly because their prices suck. 

And perhaps their pricing is the reason there are/were 300 unsold 2017 R8s in a warehouse in Europe...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Does it effect the playability? 
    You've bought a guitar with a rusty tail piece and an aged finish. Crack on with playing it. 
    Play this artefact..? Are you quite mad?! :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    edited August 2018
    Sausage fingers in the camera headlights. Sloppy playing, but you get the idea.

Les Paul, Tweed Deluxe. 

https://youtu.be/Oj58d0QBlkc
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Ossyrocks said:

Les Paul, Tweed Deluxe. That’s all.

Matchless Lightning also a good compliment 
  • pmg said:
    Ossyrocks said:

Never mind your posh amps...I need to know what my Katana will make of it? ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I’m sure it will enjoy it
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    dbphoto said:

This looks so good. How does it sound? And what was the weight?
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1273
    I love this thread.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2018
    pmg said:
    Ossyrocks said:

Never mind your posh amps...I need to know what my Katana will make of it?  
    Imo a good amp is more important -not dissing a katana btw
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 459
    edited August 2018
    Like a Yamaha thr5 you mean?
  • RMJ said:
    I love this thread.
    Agreed. This is probably my favourite thread of all time. And I’ve not even bought anything!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    RMJ said:
    I love this thread.
    Agreed. This is probably my favourite thread of all time. And I’ve not even bought anything!
    Its had tension, excitement, intrigue, minor disgruntlement, and importantly, lots and lots of happy R8 owners (and pics).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Fifty9 said:
    Absolutely 
  • pmg said:
    Legionreturns said: never mind your posh amps...I need to know what my Katana will make of it?  
    I think the player will be the weakest link in my setup! 

Some things never change  :( 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I don't like Les Pauls. 

But after 41 pages of this.. those lemon ones... I feel.. all dirty.. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    pmg said:
    Fifty9 said:
    Absolutely 
    I know I point this out at every opportunity but practicing at home through a Yamaha THR10 has transformed my playing. I get a much better sound when I go and play through a big amp now
    pmg said:
    Legionreturns said: never mind your posh amps...I need to know what my Katana will make of it?  
    I think the player will be the weakest link in my setup! 

Some things never change  :( 
    Same for me sadly!

roberty said:
    pmg said:
    Fifty9 said:
    Absolutely 
    I know I point this out at every opportunity but practicing at home through a Yamaha THR10 has transformed my playing. I get a much better sound when I go and play through a big amp now
    I did say absolutely...fine for home practice 
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    edited August 2018
    terada said:
    dbphoto said:

Sounds bloody lovely and it’s one of the heavier ones at 9lb 5oz according to Peach.

But, and this is potentially a big but, I’m not sure I can live with the finish on the back of the neck.

I’m used to a gloss finish (although prefer satin or even better, unfinished), but this at the moment is feeling sticky as hell.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphoto said:
    terada said:
    dbphoto said:

Sounds bloody lovely and it’s one of the heavier ones at 9lb 5oz according to Peach.

But, and this is potentially a big but, I’m not sure I can live with the finish on the back of the neck.

I’m used to a gloss finish (although prefer satin or even better, unfinished), but this at the moment is feeling sticky as hell.
    Lemon Pledge. You’ll never notice it at a gig 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    dbphoto said:
    terada said:
    dbphoto said:

Mine was like that for the first few hours, nice and shiny now! Go forth and fondle
  • The initial sticky layer wears off as well.