Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Right guys, from talking with Peach today it turns out that Memphis and USA lines are indeed very likely next. Expect current prices to drop.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    terada said:
    Right guys, from talking with Peach today it turns out that Memphis and USA lines are indeed very likely next. Expect current prices to drop.

Oh Bugger

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    sweepy said:
    terada said:

Oh Bugger

Precisely 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    edited August 2018
    terada said:
    sweepy said:
    terada said:

Oh Bugger

Precisely 
    OK, *now* you have my attention... a bunch of old les puddings I can live without, but if they are going to release some cheap ES345s...
    @peachguitars do you have details...

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    This is going to turn into a MASSIVE thread. If they put the Standard USA line at low prices, the market is going to go mad for a few weeks!

My friend has only just bought a USA Gibson Thunderbird bass....I best not say anything...
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    If you want to knock off over an ounce in weight, swap the switch cover, it weighs 1.3 ounces!

Iced tea now 8lb 5oz

7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    edited August 2018
    Stevie McBride at GG Glasgow just emailed me a few pictures of a dirty lemon he found in case i still wanted it.. he's on 0141 552 9896 in case anyone wants it. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmgpmg Frets: 297
    mli3 said:
    Stevie McBride at GG Glasgow just emailed me a few pictures of a dirty lemon he found in case i still wanted it.. he's on 0141 552 9896 in case anyone wants it. 

Did he state a weight?
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Slightly better pic of the top...  Still not quite catching the true hue.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @JerkMoans ... gorgeous mate! Now stop taking pics and get on with playing the bloody thing! ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    @JerkMoans - Is niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I asked many pages ago on this thread but no one answered:

What’s with the obsession of weight!?
    dbphoto said:

I don’t like heavy guitars 
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    dbphoto said:

Lighter possibly means lighter in tone more resonant, that's what I'm hoping for.  Heavier can mean a more focussed and thicker sounding tone.
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    pmg said:
    dbphoto said:

Well yes, understood, but would the difference between say 8.6lb and 9lb really make all the difference to you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    dbphoto said:

1. Comfort. If you have owned a Les Paul from the 70’s or 80’s and played it for any length of time, you are probably still feeling it. I gigged an ‘80 Deluxe for ten years and now one shoulder is two inches lower than the other!

2. Tone. Lighter is generally livelier, with more vocal mids.

That’s just my opinion though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    pmg said:
    mli3 said:

Did he state a weight?
    he didnt - just the two photos in the post above. He's been super helpful so he might be able to weigh it for you
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1257
    Are peach getting more r8s in for the same price ?
    mark123 said:
    yup - a few more end of next week
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    dbphoto said:
    pmg said:
    dbphoto said:

Well yes, understood, but would the difference between say 8.6lb and 9lb really make all the difference to you?
    Actually... it could do. But then, I have back problems that are made a lot worse by heavy guitars so every little helps as they say...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

mli3 said:
    mark123 said:
    yup - a few more end of next week
    They also have a waiting list though!
  • I’m on my holibobs as stated before but I know this is a long thread now! Any questions directly addressed to us will be better served by making direct contact with the shop via phone or email - John
    dbphoto said:
    pmg said:
    dbphoto said:

Also for the tone generalisations specified by otherS
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Wondering if Gibson see the success of this stock clearing exercise they will ship more over to get rid of stock?
    I spoke with Peach via email on Tuesday and was told that the waiting list was essentially full, which is why I turned to GuitarGuitar in my distress and anxiety.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    underdog said:
    Wondering if Gibson see the success of this stock clearing exercise they will ship more over to get rid of stock?

That would require an ounce of sense on their part, so no.
    pmg said:
    dbphoto said:
    pmg said:
    dbphoto said:

The profound effects of timber upon timbre :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Ossyrocks said:
    dbphoto said:

1. Comfort. If you have owned a Les Paul from the 70’s or 80’s and played it for any length of time, you are probably still feeling it. I gigged an ‘80 Deluxe for ten years and now one shoulder is two inches lower than the other!

2. Tone. Lighter is generally livelier, with more vocal mids.

That’s just my opinion though.
    This. 

Lighter guitars tend to be livelier in my opinion. I had a Baja tele that was heavier than most Les Paul's mentioned on here. It was dull and sounded lifeless. The lighter variants of the same guitar were leagues ahead. All I can suggest is go play an 8lb Les Paul and then a 12lb version of the same model and see if you can tell the sonic differences @dbphoto ;

Does it make a difference to Dave and Vera down the Dog and Duck? Obviously not! Does it make a difference to me? Definitely. The difference between 8.5lb Les Paul and 9lb could be the difference which means I move it on. 
    JerkMoans said:
    pmg said:
    dbphoto said:
    pmg said:
    dbphoto said:

The profound effects of timber upon timbre :D
    zero effect on tone though :D 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    edited August 2018
    Obviously, I completely get the weight making a difference for health/back reasons and tonal choices, everyone has to pick their preference (whch is why Peach are awesome!). Personally for me though as the average weight of 59 bursts is between 8lbs 9oz and 8lbs12 oz, I'd go somewhere in that range, a couple of the 59's were as light as 8lbs 3 I think and the heaviest over 9. Most of them are above 8 and a half though if I remember correctly, stupidly anal but as a one off purchase for something this big it it would have to be right for me. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.