Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    I'm expecting my two in the next two hours according to my notifications.

I'm "working from home" today, but it's pretty hard to get anything meaningful done!

Rob
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    edited August 2018
    Oh man.... That's gonna be an epic arrival! Congrats!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbomb said:
    dbphoto said:
    Fifty9 said:
    I can’t believe there aren’t r9s & other models similarly stocked waiting to be dropped.
    GuitarGuitar already have loads of 59’s and 60’s discounted down to £3499 from £5899
    yeah that's the same "40% then rounded down a tad" discount.

flip me, some people pay nearly 6 grand for these things? ???   :o
    I would guess from the fact they're flogging them off with a 40% discount, not many people ever did pay £6k for one!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2324
    This thread is nuts. 

I don't really want or need an R8, I have 'too many' guitars (I know, I know) and I already have a Les Paul Custom that doesn't get played much these days (but I still love it), I don't have any spare cash and have no desire to get in debt over a guitar... but damn it's tempting!  

Enjoying watching you guys all snagging up a great deal though, so I'm enjoying an R8 by proxy.

Enjoy your NGD's today :) 
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Mine has just arrived. Surprisingly light, resonant and plays like butter. I'll stick up some photos once I manage to put it down....
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Still pissed I missed out due to filling in finance forms 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Looking forward to more NGD reports... I asked them to hold despatch on mine until today so I don't get to play until tomorrow...
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 459
    edited August 2018
    Well, GG have pulled it out of the bag for me
    this am. 8.7lbs of washed cherry goodness on its way!

https://imgur.com/a/OJsYjjQ

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Delivery held until the 8th September for me... gonna be a long wait! Can't be at home to receive it before then

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1252
    Fifty9 said:

Absolute beauty... enjoy!
    Fifty9 said:

Some nice flame apparent in that pic. I bet if you held it just right against the light it would jump right out at you.

Congrats!
  • Fifty9 said:

Congratulations, that's lovely!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    Fifty9 said:

I'm not a cherry fan but that is stunning. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    And the casualties continue to pile up!  Brilliant
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4008
    I'm looking at the 330s

I'm trying (and failing) to convince the other half that it isn't just a guitar, it's a nice furniture piece that will impress all of our friends.  It would also match the current living room decor.

Some please post more suggestions I could use.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 291
    joeyowen said:
    I'm looking at the 330s

I'm trying (and failing) to convince the other half that it isn't just a guitar, it's a nice furniture piece that will impress all of our friends.  It would also match the current living room decor.

Some please post more suggestions I could use.

It helps pull the birds?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2018
    I'll be selling every other guitar I own shortly, this thing is an absolute beast:

0reaction image LOL 19reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fifty9 said:

Interesting, I ordered the same guitar (washed cherry) and asked GG to do the same thing and I was told they wouldn't do that for me...

"Thank you for your order, these are all boxed stock and are selling extremely fast so we would be unable to weigh it prior to dispatch I'm afriad. I'm sure you will love the guitar but you do have a 14 day return if there are any problems once you take delivery. If there are any problems please let me know."

I'm only spending two and half grand with them... It wasn't thattttttt much to ask surely?! Poor customer service from a box shifter in my opinion!

It's a bit of a risk buying a guitar that's worth more than my car blind but will take them up on their offer of returning it if I'm not happy! I'm sure it will be great though.
    johnl said:
    I'll be selling every other guitar I own shortly, this thing is an absolute beast:

Congrats... I am doing exactly that at the moment (or near enough) :-)
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    Fifty9 said:

Interesting, I ordered the same guitar (washed cherry) and asked GG to do the same thing and I was told they wouldn't do that for me...

"Thank you for your order, these are all boxed stock and are selling extremely fast so we would be unable to weigh it prior to dispatch I'm afriad. I'm sure you will love the guitar but you do have a 14 day return if there are any problems once you take delivery. If there are any problems please let me know."

I'm only spending two and half grand with them... It wasn't thattttttt much to ask surely?! Poor customer service from a box shifter in my opinion!

It's a bit of a risk buying a guitar that's worth more than my car blind but will take them up on their offer of returning it if I'm not happy! I'm sure it will be great though.
    That's why I didn't bother. £800 generic Fender, no issue, but £2499 custom Gibson, just take a photo for crying out loud.

I'm playing the waiting game. 
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1252
    Having seen all of these photos my '59 flame top is starting to grate on me.. I think the plainer tops actually look cooler... :)

I must be getting old ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    That's gorgeous @johnl , congrats!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 459
    edited August 2018
    Panama_Jack666 said:
    Fifty9 said:

Exactly where I was at yesterday & I still think they should be more like Peach & less box shifter given the price. Massive discount it may be but it’s still a huge outlay for a chunk of wood & strings (oh and the special plastics of course
    Fifty9 said:
    Panama_Jack666 said:
    Fifty9 said:

Exactly where I was at yesterday & I still think they should be more like Peach & less box shifter given the price. Massive discount it may be but it’s still a huge outlay for a chunk of wood & strings (oh and the special plastics of course
    I wonder if it's more onerous for GG to list the guitars as individual pieces of stock on their website compared to Peach, from an administration point of view.  Maybe there's some red tape or maybe their system is not as straightforward.  Just speculation!
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    johnl said:

wow thats a beauty @johnl ;. congrats. Dirty Lemon right ?
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3432
    edited August 2018
    All well and good but there are those who would've called and said don't bother with pictures and weight, I'll buy one. All of a sudden, they're disappearing quicker than admin like that can happen. It's not just us lunatics buying these things, is it.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    Thanks guys; I'm very, very chuffed. @mli3 it is indeed Dirty Lemon.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    All well and good but there are those who would've called and said don't bother with pictures and weight, I'll buy one. All of a sudden, they're disappearing quicker than admin like that can happen. It's not just us lunatics buying these things, is it.
    I think we are accounting for a lot of them.  There were ten of the washed cherry colour on the GG website last night.  There are none now.  I haven't looked back through the thread in detail, but I do seem to recall several posts above about gassing on one.
    The eagles have landed!

Unboxing now!
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    Peach do a great job with individual pics, weights etc (as do Coda) but I think GG are getting some harsh flack here. As soon as they are listed, they are flying out - they a) don't need to do anything extra to shift them and b) they don't have time to do this before they are gone.

Give them a buzz about one of their £5499 ones gathering dust. I rather suspect you might get a different approach.

(-3hrs 15 mins to DPD arrival, and counting)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter