Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    Yep, most old 'bursts are top 8lbs or low 9lbs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Phil X reckons 8.8lbs is the ideal weight for a Les Paul if anybody cares what he thinks! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Boromedic said:
    Obviously, I completely get the weight making a difference for health/back reasons and tonal choices, everyone has to pick their preference (whch is why Peach are awesome!). Personally for me though as the average weight of 59 bursts is between 8.9 and 8.12 lbs, I'd go somewhere in that range, a couple of the 59's were as light as 8.3lbs I think and the heaviest over 9. Most of them are above 8 and a half though if I remember correctly, stupidly anal but as a one off purchase for something this big it it would have to be right for me. 
    Absolutely, a glaring omission from GG. Picked a 8lb10 washed cherry from Peach instead!

GG should have done their prep before shoving them online, but they didn't.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Fair enough folks, that all makes sense.

I don’t gig and went for looks over weight.

My Dirty Lemon, weighing 9.5lb according to Peach, is due to arrive in a couple of hours.
    Out of interest, when people are posting 8.8lbs etc, do you mean 8.8lbs (8lb12.8oz) or 8lb8oz?

I noticed that different sites have been using different units on their scales
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 291
    I like heavy guitars. Heavy people play heavy instruments ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphoto said:
    Fair enough folks, that all makes sense.

I don’t gig and went for looks over weight.

My Dirty Lemon, weighing 9.5lb according to Peach, is due to arrive in a couple of hours.
    It all comes down to preference at the end of the day! Some people prefer the sound of heavier guitars over lighter guitars. Each to their own! 

Pictures when it arrives please!
  • terada said:
    Boromedic said:
    Obviously, I completely get the weight making a difference for health/back reasons and tonal choices, everyone has to pick their preference (whch is why Peach are awesome!). Personally for me though as the average weight of 59 bursts is between 8.9 and 8.12 lbs, I'd go somewhere in that range, a couple of the 59's were as light as 8.3lbs I think and the heaviest over 9. Most of them are above 8 and a half though if I remember correctly, stupidly anal but as a one off purchase for something this big it it would have to be right for me. 
    Absolutely, a glaring omission from GG. Picked a 8lb10 washed cherry from Peach instead!

GG should have done their prep before shoving them online, but they didn't.

But they still sold them all... in a matter of days

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    terada said:
    Out of interest, when people are posting 8.8lbs etc, do you mean 8.8lbs (8lb12.8oz) or 8lb8oz?

Peach photos are xx lbs xx oz, you can see on the scales.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    Not everyone who found £2499 for an impulse buy guitar managed to find £20 for our annual fund raiser to keep the forum going though.

Which makes you think ...

I would’ve donated £20 without question but I know nothing about this...
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    edited August 2018
    hyperben said:
    Not everyone who found £2499 for an impulse buy guitar managed to find £20 for our annual fund raiser to keep the forum going though.

Which makes you think ...

I would’ve donated £20 without question but I know nothing about this...
    There'd be no harm in having a 'donate' button somewhere on the page eg side menu in my view :-) could be quite effective when combined with a polite reminder every now and then
    Phil X reckons 8.8lbs is the ideal weight for a Les Paul if anybody cares what he thinks! 
    Joe Bonamassa thinks they sound best between 9 and 10... if anyone cares!

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?198000-Weight-of-Bernie-Marsden-s-The-Beast&p=2670582&viewfull=1#post2670582
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Yeah I've noticed those, great price for the spec if you like skinny necks!  The black ones are nice too
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    roberty said:
    Phil X reckons 8.8lbs is the ideal weight for a Les Paul if anybody cares what he thinks! 
    Joe Bonamassa thinks they sound best between 9 and 10... if anyone cares!

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?198000-Weight-of-Bernie-Marsden-s-The-Beast&p=2670582&viewfull=1#post2670582

You can probably buy a signature JoBo guitar weighing scale so you can check 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sorry guys, but the difference in tone between an 8.2lb Les Paul and an 8.9lb one will be absolutely negligible.
    Between 7lbs and 10lbs, yes, but we're talking a few ounces here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    At least you don't have to worry about Musicman Stingray 5 string basses at 11lbs +!
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    In my experience you can get both great and less great sounding LPs across the whole range of weights. My favourite is about 8.7-9lbs for tone. More bottom end and stronger mids. Lighter have airier mids and can become quite ES335 like. Both ends of the spectrum great sounding though.
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 459
    Kitsune said:
    Heavy metal?
    Mine's arrived.  It's glorious, proper bargain!

Need to set it up to my spec now and it'll be spot on  :grin: 
    Twinfan said:
    terada said:

Peach photos are xx lbs xx oz, you can see on the scales.
    Thanks @Twinfan , I did see that was Peach's approach, more thinking about when people are commenting on here. :)
    No probs - mine is 8.0 either way!

I might switch the back cover to make it 7lb 15oz though.....
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 291
    Fifty9 said:
    Kitsune said:
    Heavy metal?
    Only the heaviest.
    terada said:
    I’m not even sure what a ‘lb’ is in modern terms!

(in my 20’s my side business had it all messed up as we used to work in kilograms, ounces and grams.......)
    For reference, my pickups are 8.3 in the neck and 8.4 in the bridge.  They sound pretty good so maybe I won't swap them after all, which makes the guitar even more of a bargain than I thought it would be...
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    GG (Glasgow) to get more 58s in but unfortunately no lemon tops,only cherry
    tae be or not tae be
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1113
    300 of these were put out for sale...…….I wonder if it was 100 lemon, 100 cherry and 100 tea...……..the lemon ones seem to be in less abundance unless people are buying them up the quickest
    Mines arriving tomorrow! *blocks out the day*
    ‘Courier is currently making delivery number 40, you are delivery number 56.

Courier is approximately 1 hour away from you.’

Arrrggghhh

Just at my 16 month old boys bed time!

• dbphoto said:
    ‘Courier is currently making delivery number 40, you are delivery number 56.

Courier is approximately 1 hour away from you.’

Arrrggghhh

Just at my 16 month old boys bed time!

He'll be awake again after you plug in.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter