Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10333
    roberty said:
    hyperben said:
    Not everyone who found £2499 for an impulse buy guitar managed to find £20 for our annual fund raiser to keep the forum going though.

Which makes you think ...

I would’ve donated £20 without question but I know nothing about this...
    There'd be no harm in having a 'donate' button somewhere on the page eg side menu in my view :-) could be quite effective when combined with a polite reminder every now and then

I think the classifieds should cost £10 to use annually. It would stop people just joining to sell shit and might mean they would contribute a bit more. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    Yep Fifty9 said:
    Well, GG have pulled it out of the bag for me
    this am. 8.7lbs of washed cherry goodness on its way!

https://imgur.com/a/OJsYjjQ

got one of them coming too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    Twinfan said:
    For reference, my pickups are 8.3 in the neck and 8.4 in the bridge.  They sound pretty good so maybe I won't swap them after all, which makes the guitar even more of a bargain than I thought it would be...
    Ooooh hot those
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    They are a bit, but they seem to suit the guitar.  I'll live with them a bit and see...
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    Twinfan said:
    They are a bit, but they seem to suit the guitar.  I'll live with them a bit and see...
    I like hot.

These Custombuckers are way better than the last set I had in a 2014 R0. I pulled those.

But I think I’m sticking with these.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Twinfan said:
    No probs - mine is 8.0 either way!

I might switch the back cover to make it 7lb 15oz though.....
    Nice weight!  I might've been tempted if I'd seen that one.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 8492
    terada said:
    Right guys, from talking with Peach today it turns out that Memphis and USA lines are indeed very likely next. Expect current prices to drop.

There is going to be some bunfight over the Memphis line. Probably Gibson’s most consistent division in terms of quality and they’ve got better every year
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader
    Ossyrocks said:
    Twinfan said:
    That Iced Tea is bloody lovely!  Did you know it was going to be that flamey from Peach's pics?
    I did have a suspicion, yes. It was one of the second batch, but as the one I originally bought was damaged and was never shipped, I got the pick of all the iced teas before they went on the site.
    I like that ice tea as well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Sloblock: checking mine over more closely, there's a small area of chipping of the finish on the headstock.  Not a major problem but then not what one wishes to find on a brand new £2.5k guitar. 

Prospects of getting another dirty lemon if I return it?  Decisions, decisions.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2517
    tFB Trader
    Twinfan said:
    Yep, most old 'bursts are top 8lbs or low 9lbs.

Theres a pic here from the Gibson Custom shop..  A few years old now

https://i.imgur.com/gHqsfEn.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Ossyrocks said:
    Twinfan said:
    I like hot.

These Custombuckers are way better than the last set I had in a 2014 R0. I pulled those.

looking at the size of this OP and its sales success, I wonder if the OX4 guys and Full Monty are wetting their lips at the thought of a business bonanza, or are you all sticking with stock pafs
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    JerkMoans said:
    Sloblock: checking mine over more closely, there's a small area of chipping of the finish on the headstock.  Not a major problem but then not what one wishes to find on a brand new £2.5k guitar. 

Who did you buy from? Just send them a picture and see what they say. GG offered me money off the bat, unprompted. I said, loving the guitar, just one thing though etc etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1111
    Ossyrocks said:
    Twinfan said:
    I like hot.

looking at the size of this OP and its sales success, I wonder if the OX4 guys and Full Monty are wetting their lips at the thought of a business bonanza, or are you all sticking with stock pafs
    The custom buckets in my R7 are some of my favourite pickups, so strongly suspect I will be leaving mine alone
  • Jesus, these are nice aren't they .Played one about two months ago in WG, which I loved but this just feels stunning. Very happy, bargain, IMO! Cheers to the fellas at GuitarGuitar, who seem to be getting stick...this one's perfect!

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ossyrocks said:
    Twinfan said:
    I like hot.

Stock sounds perfect. I'll be leaving mine alone.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    roberty said:
    JerkMoans said:

Who did you buy from? Just send them a picture and see what they say. GG offered me money off the bat, unprompted. I said, loving the guitar, just one thing though etc etc
    GG, coincidentally.  Suspect these were the sorts of minor niggles that Peach were sending them back to Gibson for...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    JerkMoans said:
    roberty said:
    JerkMoans said:

GG, coincidentally.  Suspect these were the sorts of minor niggles that Peach were sending them back to Gibson for...
    Yep, a stitch in time and all that
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    JerkMoans said:

I'd want £150 off or return I think...it's too expensive to have those marks.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Ossyrocks said:
    Twinfan said:
    I like hot.

Stock sounds perfect. I'll be leaving mine alone.
    Yeah I'm torn because the initial plan for me was to put a hot bridge pup in for my band. Easy enough to reverse I guess :-)

What's AlNiCo III, that's a new one to me. The custom buckers are relatively high wind so I'm guessing it's a pretty weak and bright magnet?
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    edited August 2018
    Alnico 3 is what they put in the early 50s P90s and it is assumed it was also put in the earliest PAFs...but who knows really. It is definitely known for being quite weak though
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    JerkMoans said:
    I spoke with Peach via email on Tuesday and was told that the waiting list was essentially full, which is why I turned to GuitarGuitar in my distress and anxiety.

oh. was assuming they would come to market as per the first lot. that's me done then.

ps like yours a lot, good job.
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    I think the custom buckers are absolutely great Pickups. The best from Gibson since the 57 Classic, possibly better than that
    pmbomb said:
    JerkMoans said:
    I spoke with Peach via email on Tuesday and was told that the waiting list was essentially full, which is why I turned to GuitarGuitar in my distress and anxiety.

oh. was assuming they would come to market as per the first lot. that's me done then.

ps like yours a lot, good job.
    Thanks!  It's rather jolly, isn't it (but for the minor nicks)? :)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10333
    JerkMoans said:

I'd want £150 off or return I think...it's too expensive to have those marks.
    Does it effect the playability? 
    You've bought a guitar with a rusty tail piece and an aged finish. Crack on with playing it. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • We will definitely have some more but we just don’t want to make promises if Gibson mess up the return procedure. We may just end up with credits for the faulty guitars if worse comes to worse. We have been promised guitars in exchange and if that definitely does happen, we will email everyone at the same time. We will do the same thing with the weights and photos. 

The last thing I wanted was to promise and then it all go wrong, leaving customers with no guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    buys a relic guitar. is concerned about some marks.

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/14061624/kid-facepalm.jpg
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    vale said:
    buys a relic guitar. is concerned about some marks.
    Marks = cash ;-)
  • mortmort Frets: 709
    We will definitely have some more but we just don’t want to make promises if Gibson mess up the return procedure. We may just end up with credits for the faulty guitars if worse comes to worse. We have been promised guitars in exchange and if that definitely does happen, we will email everyone at the same time. We will do the same thing with the weights and photos. 

The last thing I wanted was to promise and then it all go wrong, leaving customers with no guitar.
    Aren’t you supposed to be on holiday?  ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    We will definitely have some more but we just don’t want to make promises if Gibson mess up the return procedure. We may just end up with credits for the faulty guitars if worse comes to worse. We have been promised guitars in exchange and if that definitely does happen, we will email everyone at the same time. We will do the same thing with the weights and photos. 

Very fair. Great pr exercise for Peach this if handled well (I was oblivious to them before!). And enjoy your holiday!
  • pmgpmg Frets: 297
    Price and customer service are everything.  Peach, coda, guitars4you and world guitars win for customer service in my experience.  Others have been hit and miss I’m afraid