Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3432
    edited August 2018
    It's all a bit weird, all this isn't it! What a strange week in guitar land.

You still going to try to get one @Boromedic?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    look, will one of these really help me trudge through Teenage Kicks or I Wanna Be Your Dog better than the perfectly good second hand BFG I got for 1/4 the price?

(^^ don't answer that!).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    It's been a mad thread that's for sure, I was hoping the stats mentioned earlier might be published at some point. Glad it's stayed mostly civil and on topic as well for once!

As for purchase, my lips are sealed ;)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1113
    I wonder if there is a warehouse full of R9s earmarked for the same treatment - probably at a slightly higher price point than these R8s......

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    I'm sure GG said they are getting 59s in...
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    I wonder if there is a warehouse full of R9s earmarked for the same treatment - probably at a slightly higher price point than these R8s......

I think that this is exactly what there will be soon. 

Likely followed by other Gibson models - they need to raise as much cash as they can, as quickly as possible.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    I'm sure GG said they are getting 59s in...
    They have tonnes already. £3499. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I wonder if there is a warehouse full of R9s earmarked for the same treatment - probably at a slightly higher price point than these R8s......

I would definitely do it again for an R6 GT 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you

In a heartbeat
    edited August 2018
    (The R9s are not nearly as great a deal IMO - it’s just the top and potentially lighter mahogany - but still way cheaper than when fresh!)

F*ck, I might too. What have I become?!!
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327

A GT would be lovely like, will be watching to see!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

Whitecat said:

F*ck, I might too. What have I become?!!
    it is a sickness
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    terada said:

Likely followed by other Gibson models - they need to raise as much cash as they can, as quickly as possible.
    ^^ as above - R9s and R0s already available for £3499. GG has loads. 
    Whitecat said:
    terada said:

Gotcha, I'm sure they'll make some people very happy indeed, but not enough of a deal for me.

A GT R6, ES330 or SG and I'd be in big trouble.

• tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    I don’t think my entire collection of Guitar gear comes to £2,500...... but even I’m waivering :s
    terada said:
    Whitecat said:
    terada said:

Gotcha, I'm sure they'll make some people very happy indeed, but not enough of a deal for me.

ES330s have been on offer for some time... 2018s here:

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/170823313752008--gibson-es-330-vos-dark-cherry-2018

And an odd satin version with humbuckers for cheap here:

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/170823313755008--gibson-es-330-satin-ebony-2018

Not seen any discounts on CS SGs yet, only USA...

Whitecat said:
    terada said:
    Whitecat said:
    terada said:

ES330s have been on offer for some time... 2018s here:

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/170823313752008--gibson-es-330-vos-dark-cherry-2018

And an odd satin version with humbuckers for cheap here:

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/170823313755008--gibson-es-330-satin-ebony-2018

Not seen any discounts on CS SGs yet, only USA...

Bugger
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    edited August 2018

According to G G there’s a lot more on the way. First they are doing Gibson custom, then USA, then Memphis/Nashville etc. 

A huge clearout by gibson. Either a once in a generation chance to get huge savings, or a complete re-pricing of Gibson as a brand....

• pmgpmg Frets: 297
    Who or what is Golders Green? @mli3 ;
    mli3 said:

According to G G there’s a lot more on the way. First they are doing Gibson custom, then USA, then Memphis/Nashville etc. 

A huge clearout by gibson. Either a once in a generation chance to get huge savings, or a complete re-pricing of Gibson as a brand....

If they start blowing out J45's after I just bought one I'll be more than a little frustrated
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    pmg said:
    Sorry it’s a shortcut on my phone! Edited sorry
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3238
    terada said:
    mli3 said:

If they start blowing out J45's after I just bought one I'll be more than a little frustrated

@terada they are doing J45s at 1699 now, for sunburst ones. 

CS SGs have gone down to 2999 I think, so only 1500 overpriced now :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 477
    Oh god, if they do 335's at 2k in vintage sunburst i will cave  :/
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    So GG have some of their older stock, but still the 2017 models we have been going crazy for, listed for sale:

58’s @ £4299
    59’s @ £5899

Why has there not been as much talk or excitement that they have the same 2017 59’s discounted to £3499?

The discount off the usual listed price is approximately the same at roughly 40%

Is an extra £1000 for ‘flames’ too much?  (I sure as hell think so)
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1113
    ^^ I was thinking the same...…..ie how much would the R9s need to be to start another avalanche
    mli3 said:
    pmg said:
    Sorry it’s a shortcut on my phone! Edited sorry
    Ah
    dbphoto said:
    So GG have some of their older stock, but still the 2017 models we have been going crazy for, listed for sale:

58’s @ £4299
    59’s @ £5899

Why has there not been as much talk or excitement that they have the same 2017 59’s discounted to £3499?

The discount off the usual listed price is approximately the same at roughly 40%

Is an extra £1000 for ‘flames’ too much?  (I sure as hell think so)
    Yup. As some of us managed to get flamey R8s anyway I can’t see the value. Lots of this crowd don’t like flames at all anyway, and those that do were still catered for if they were quick. 
    Black beauty with custombuckers would be good