Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• roberty said:
    Oops... 

99% sure that photo is of mine, might want to see if they can show you yours

They're sending me the 2 they have as we speak 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    edited August 2018
    JerkMoans said:
    dbphoto said:
    I must be losing my mind as I’m considering buying another one, but in Iced Tea, and taking advantage of GG’s 0% interest deal.........
    Collect the set!
    I'm only a dirty lemon away.........

edit: and a tobacco burst.... oh well
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbomb said:
    lol @Legionreturns - is that for your kids' birthday party business?

Absolutely! 

As far as my tax return is concerned...

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    pmbomb said:

Absolutely! 

Genius.

Trying to figure out a way of using mine for the supply of legal services :confounded: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    roberty said:
    Oops... 

99% sure that photo is of mine, might want to see if they can show you yours

They're sending me the 2 they have as we speak 
    Awesome, you won't be disappointed!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    GuitarGuitar will not provide me photos and/or weights of the current stock.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    pmbomb said:

Absolutely! 

too right - £415 of that is VAT, get it back!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GuitarGuitar will not provide me photos and/or weights of the current stock.
    That's because by the time they've done the email, they're sold! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    Colchester is only 2 HRs away dammit, must......resist
  • GuitarGuitar will not provide me photos and/or weights of the current stock.
    That's a bit shit. Did they give a reason?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    That's because by the time they've done the email, they're sold! 
    Problem is, if people don't know what they look like, at £2.5k they could be setting themselves up for returns. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited September 2018
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ossyrocks said:
    JerkMoans said:
    dbphoto said:
    I must be losing my mind as I’m considering buying another one, but in Iced Tea, and taking advantage of GG’s 0% interest deal.........
    Collect the set!
    I'm only a dirty lemon away.........

edit: and a tobacco burst.... oh well
    Youre ok, Tobacco was a one off of Peach's old stock. Not one of the run being shipped from Gibson.

• dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    pmbomb said:
    pmbomb said:

Absolutely! 

I would be interested to hear any suggestions of how I could justify the purchase to my accountant and put it through my business books? 

Photographic albums and books is my business if that helps make up something believable ;-)
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1068
    Well I crumbled. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    Surely it's a necessary prop for backdrops etc.?  Kind of like an inflatable guitar in a photo booth ...
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7962
    edited August 2018
    dbphoto said:
    pmbomb said:
    pmbomb said:

Absolutely! 

I would be interested to hear any suggestions of how I could justify the purchase to my accountant and put it through my business books? 

Photographic albums and books is my business if that helps make up something believable ;-)
    Now taking applications for zero hour freelance instructors  

AlexO said:
    Well I crumbled. 
    What did you go for? Any pics/weight?
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Either ask the live chat or call the web team - admittedly they've probably had a manic day today but they were certainly very helpful earlier.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1068
    terada said:
    AlexO said:
    Well I crumbled. 
    I played the GG lucky dip. All I know is its Iced Tea Burst.

On Holiday for a week so asked them to hold off the shipping until I'm back so makes it all the more exciting. 

johnl said:
    Either ask the live chat or call the web team - admittedly they've probably had a manic day today but they were certainly very helpful earlier.
    Unfortunately I did and they wouldn't :(

• AlexO said:
    terada said:
    AlexO said:
    Well I crumbled. 
    I played the GG lucky dip. All I know is its Iced Tea Burst.

On Holiday for a week so asked them to hold off the shipping until I'm back so makes it all the more exciting. 

If it helps, the two I saw this morning were lovely. Dunno about the weight though. Congrats.

edited August 2018
    -
    Wow - braver then I am! Although all of them have looked great so far so I'm sure it will be a winner!
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    johnl said:
    Unfortunately I did and they wouldn't :(

Weird - honestly they've been great all day, if you know which shops they have stock in you could always call the shop directly. Admittedly it's not the best service but I'm sure the guitar will be worth it :)
    they now have TEN washed cherry versions!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    Was planning to mention this to my wife in an off handed kind of way when I got home tonight to gauge the reaction.  There probably won't be any left by that time at this rate.
    crunchman said:
    Was planning to mention this to my wife in an off handed kind of way when I got home tonight to gauge the reaction.  There probably won't be any left by that time at this rate.
    ask forgiveness not permission!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1273
    This thread must have cleared £100k in R8s
    @Legionreturns correct me if I'm wrong but did you just drop too n'arf big ones on a guitar you can't right now play? :astonished: -)