Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    I’m still keen to grab one but I’d rather go without than gamble on GG

Awaiting Coda’s next delivery 
    Exactly what I thought :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    And now none, so 5 sold since I posted the link how long ago!?
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    dbphoto said:
    And now none, so 5 sold since I posted the link how long ago!?

Less than an hour.

This is mad.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    So in the end I've gone for this one:

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1113
    these last 5 at GG were advertised as "figured " tops......wonder what they looked like?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Funny how tastes change, not so long ago I was totally enamoured with bursts, not I much prefer plain or gold.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 814
    ^ erm me.............

Just accidentally bought one of the GG ones. Been um`ing and ah`ing since the thread started. If it`s not right I can send it back.................... let`s see!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    that's tasteful John, looks like contour lines on a map.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    GG ones all gone !
    so at least 4 of the 5 are accounted for here?
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    pmbomb said:
    that's tasteful John, looks like contour lines on a map.
    Thanks mate - it's the er..."weird black bits" on the left that I really liked but have to say that all the ones that GG sent me photos of were great looking.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3432
    edited August 2018

pmbomb said:
    Funny how tastes change, not so long ago I was totally enamoured with bursts, not I much prefer plain or gold.

Me too mate, not so much bursts but flame tops. I've surprised myself. Plainer the better with a subtle burst.

This is a bit mental, all this. Gibson must be absolutely loving it.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • And customers in the US must be spewing!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    The GG... 0% looked attractive £600 ish down and £50/Month...... for the rest of your nature life... =).  Were Peach offering similar deals?
    edited August 2018
    tone1 said:
    The GG... 0% looked attractive £600 ish down and £50/Month...... for the rest of your nature life... .  Were Peach offering similar deals?
    12 months interest free at Peach. Great deal there at GG (for 36 months), to be fair. But 12 months isn't to be barked at either.

tone1 said:
    The GG... 0% looked attractive £600 ish down and £50/Month...... for the rest of your nature life... =).  Were Peach offering similar deals?
    12 months interest free. Great deal there at GG, to be fair. 12 months isn't to be barked at either.
    Did I see 36 months interest free @GG?

• tone1 said:
    tone1 said:
    12 months interest free. Great deal there at GG, to be fair. 12 months isn't to be barked at either.
    You absoluterly did, my post was confusing, so I edited it!

tone1 said:
    tone1 said:
    Yes, with any deposit I think.
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 814
    tone1 said:
    tone1 said:
    Yes you did............ with 0% deposit too
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    Re the Coda ones. I'm not sure how they will play it really. Just had a look at their site and they have a raft of 2018 R8's listed on there for £4099.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231

pmbomb said:

Me too mate, not so much bursts but flame tops. I've surprised myself. Plainer the better with a subtle burst.

This is a bit mental, all this. Gibson must be absolutely loving it.

I must admit my heart does a little somersault when I see a plain dirty lemon!  Still enamoured with mine though

This experiment will certainly give Gibson something to think about.  If the usual price wasn't so steep would we still be this thirsty?
    edited August 2018
    Ossyrocks said:
    Re the Coda ones. I'm not sure how they will play it really. Just had a look at their site and they have a raft of 2018 R8's listed on there for £4099.

It'll be the same way Peach and GG did it...they'll ignore the current stock and will list the ltd run at the new prices. Current stock stays the same.

edited August 2018
    roberty said:
    This experiment will certainly give Gibson something to think about.  If the usual price wasn't so steep would we still be this thirsty?
    Yes I think so, just spread out demand not a chunk.

My hunch (because it's my position!) is these are mostly going to people who wouldn't/couldn't buy at full price. So these are new sales for Gibson (and the dealers), rather than cannibalised.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Ossyrocks said:

It'll be the same way Peach and GG did it...they'll ignore the current stock and will list the ltd run at the new prices. Current stock stays the same.
    The ones on offer are 2017s. Coda already discounted and sold the ones they already had - they have more on the way.
    pmbomb said:
    roberty said:

My hunch (because it's my position!) is these are mostly going to people who wouldn't/couldn't buy at full price. So these are new sales for Gibson (and the dealers), rather than cannibalised.
    Maybe so. But I have bought 2 new historics from Peach before, both 2014's. Admittedly, I got Richard Henry to negotiate on both occasions. They were both significantly more money than this,  though I didn't pay the full advertised price at the time.

In fact I sold one of them via TFB, for more than these new ones are.

Rob
  • Whitecat said:
    Ossyrocks said:

The ones on offer are 2017s. Coda already discounted and sold the ones they already had - they have more on the way.
    Ah I didn't know that.

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    pmbomb said:
    roberty said:

I fall into this category too
    Just got my "Order Processed by our dispatch team" emails. There is now a fleet of vans departing Peach Guitars with a whole pile of lovely wood and wire in the back of them. 

Needless to say, I will be mostly sitting at home tomorrow twitching the curtains.

Rob
    Ossyrocks said:
    Just got my "Order Processed by our dispatch team" emails. 
    Me too, although my heart sank seeing it will be delivered by DPD as my experience of them over the last couple of weeks has been terrible.