Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    GuitarGuitar have been listing them wrong, they are the same 2017 models as Peach, so 59 necks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    edited August 2018
    Are all the negative comments attempts at humour, or just jealousy and sour grapes?? This was a nice thread as were some of the linked ones, but every so often there is a snide comment and I can't decide whether it's folk trying to be funny or the opposite. Like someone questioning why one particular member bought one (why the hell can't he?), or chatting about hysteria related to them or flipping them. If someone here decides tomorrow or in a months time to sell theirs, everyone here will know what they paid and what the market currently is, so they'll get what the market deems is acceptable won't they? If they sell off the FB they may well get a higher price even, who cares. Doesn't affect you or your life, or anything else for that matter, it's between buyer and seller. 

Read and watch with interest and okay try and make a funny if you think you are, but don't piss in other peoples chips because of jealousy, it's really not necessary.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    edited August 2018
    Christ there are loads of them!

I wish GG would just list them properly. Mind you the last time I bought from them they actually did a good job.

Peach are obviously the stars, with Coda. 

Shocked that GG can't be bothered to post photos of the tops....lazy. Not exactly hard work is it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Mass insanity or what?! D 

Yeah I'm a bit like that myself. I am an LP guy though (but I don't need one).

Anyway I can get to Epsom this afternoon so feel free to PM me your credit card number.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’m still keen to grab one but I’d rather go without than gamble on GG

Awaiting Coda’s next delivery 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Hmmm...just chatted online to GuitarGuitar.

More confusion.

I asked about the neck profile, response is:

'these are 58s

there are 59s coming in as well'

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078

More confusion.

'these are 58s

Honestly, I think they don't know what they are talking about.

The neck carve on 57/58/59s was the same across 2017 CS Standards - 59.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    pmbomb said:
    Mass insanity or what?! D 

Yeah I'm a bit like that myself. I am an LP guy though (but I don't need one).

Anyway I can get to Epsom this afternoon so feel free to PM me your credit card number.
    You'll be needing my mother's maiden name and the name of my first pet too, I'd wager.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Whitecat said:

More confusion.

'these are 58s

Funny isn't it....they do one thing, sell guitars/instruments, yet they can't even make sure they are getting the spec right on a £2500 guitar.
    Whitecat said:

More confusion.

'these are 58s

Funny isn't it....they do one thing, sell guitars/instruments, yet they can't even make sure they are getting the spec right on a £2500 guitar.
    Admittedly, memorising variance on specs across thousands of products that vary slightly from year to year is not necessarily the easiest thing to keep up on. But surely you'd know on the premiere products, the high-ticket stuff...
  • pmgpmg Frets: 297
    edited August 2018
    Tried to get details of the weights but only got one confirmed (9lbs 1)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    Maybe it's paranoia and I've nothing to back this up, but I'd be worried that some of the ones coming through now aren't the rejects from other stores sent back.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I've seen pictures of the two in the Birmingham store and am told each weighs 8.9 lbs.  Entertainingly, each picture shows a missing switch tip!

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    They usually ship them with the switch tip in the case...
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    Yep, to save any damage the switch tip is in the case pocket along with the certificate.
  • pmgpmg Frets: 297
    Too heavy for my preference
  • JerkMoans said:
    I've seen pictures of the two in the Birmingham store and am told each weighs 8.9 lbs.  Entertainingly, each picture shows a missing switch tip!

Is that Dirty Lemon? Looks browner than I'd expectet.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    edited August 2018
    Whitecat said:
    They usually ship them with the switch tip in the case...
    Yes to stop them getting bashed about

Got an Amazon Warehouse SG once with a smashed in switch tip, admittedly in a soft case but yeah
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Finally pulled the trigger. Look out for sales of literally everything else I own on the Classifieds shortly....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • johnl said:
    Finally pulled the trigger. Look out for sales of literally everything else I own on the Classifieds shortly....
    Me too - an Iced Tea plain top! What you get?

Whoops :blush: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    johnl said:
    Congrats, you won't regret it!
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    johnl said:
    Dirty Lemon plain top....now just waiting for photos from GuitarGuitar so I can choose exactly which plain top :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    happy NGD John, may we enjoy it vicariously through you?
    I'm still holding out for Peach or Coda...I'd like one but it has to be right for £2,500.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    johnl said:
    johnl said:
    Dirty Lemon plain top....now just waiting for photos from GuitarGuitar so I can choose exactly which plain top :)
    You and me both, buddy :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Just ordered an Iced Tea from GG, couldn't resist!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I'm still holding out for Peach or Coda...I'd like one but it has to be right for £2,500.
    + 1.

for this kind of money it has to be spot on.

it's not a must-have.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    That’s incredibly lazy on GG’s part.  Yes it’s a good deal but there can’t be many that will throw 2.5K at a guitar they can’t see or weight etc 
    There clearly is enough people as the 5 they had a short time ago has now dropped to 2.

Not to mention the few dozen they sold last week.
    Now 2 left on the GG link (so that's 3 sales to here, nowhere else?) - though they also say in stock at 3 shops. Ahem!

What fun.