Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5511
    JerkMoans said:

Dopey thing for Gibson to do with the certs.
    Why? Who cares what the cert says when the serial number of the guitar starts with an 8? What else could it be?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoans said:
    Thats good news for us lot. Any of those left for sale and when do you reckon they'll go on the special limited run page?
    ...or the even more special FR8boarder/Peach mailing list/waiting list page? :D
    A list is already being collated!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    terada said:
    roberty said:
    Here it is! Not super lightweight but noticeably lighter than my '16 Traditional.

Sounds very sweet acoustically, and phenomenal plugged in. The tone controls are very useful.

The neck is slightly more square feeling than the traditional but not a million miles away. It reminds me of the vintage Juniors I've played (funny that), but with modern frets

Low serial (37!)

Lovely! More pics please  :)
    As you wish!  Getting acquainted now, very impressed

The only thing I'm not completely sure about is the artificial corrosion on the hardware (would it clean off?), more into the wood selection than the replica side of things

Bloody stonking though, as you'd expect

And player's eye view...

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    JerkMoans said:
    Thats good news for us lot. Any of those left for sale and when do you reckon they'll go on the special limited run page?
    ...or the even more special FR8boarder/Peach mailing list/waiting list page? :D
    A list is already being collated!
    Oooh oooh oooh: where do I sign?! :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3432
    edited August 2018
    Must admit, I'm proper gutted about missing out. I should have jumped as soon as I saw that tobacco, but bricked it. Settled that I didn't like any of the colours left and then changed my mind on liking the Iced Tea finish after the last one got snapped up! Sods law!

On the plus side, a mate of mine was way more decisive than I and got himself a beautiful one.

Anyone know if they have aluminium tailpieces or is it proper vintage spec (steel?)?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    roberty said:
    terada said:
    roberty said:
    Here it is! Not super lightweight but noticeably lighter than my '16 Traditional.

Sounds very sweet acoustically, and phenomenal plugged in. The tone controls are very useful.

The neck is slightly more square feeling than the traditional but not a million miles away. It reminds me of the vintage Juniors I've played (funny that), but with modern frets

Low serial (37!)

Lovely! More pics please  :)
    As you wish!  Getting acquainted now, very impressed

The only thing I'm not completely sure about is the artificial corrosion on the hardware (would it clean off?), more into the wood selection than the replica side of things

Bloody stonking though, as you'd expect

And player's eye view...

Stunning Stunning Stunning!

I can't wait for the pics of all the forum R8's to flow through!
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    dbphoto said:
    So you sold 42 CS Gibson’s over how many days?  

I appreciate the margins won’t have been what you are used to but bloody hell, job well done!
    The VAT man made more than we did! But i'm glad to see so many have gone to such good homes. 
    Just one of the reasons I love my business is that the majority of my products are zero VAT rated, so every quarter the VAT man gives me money :-)
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    I'd like to be on the list for a dirty lemon please. The most attractive one ideally....
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Thanks @terada , I think this is just the right amount of flame for me in this colour.  Must admit it's been hard watching those extra plain dirty lemons disappear one by one!  
  • mortmort Frets: 709
    roberty said:
    Thanks @terada , I think this is just the right amount of flame for me in this colour.  Must admit it's been hard watching those extra plain dirty lemons disappear one by one!  
    Guilty! Can’t wait.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2018
    @gringopig yes this was one of the GG ones, ordered between when Peach ran out and when they restocked
    mort said:
    roberty said:
    Guilty! Can’t wait.
    Congrats, they're blood lovely aren't they.  I'd have gone for that but the figuring on mine just pipped it for me in that crucial moment
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5819
    edited August 2018
    Be really interested to see if any with two are using this as an opportunity to spin some money later down the line. Good investment opportunity, but I'd be disappointed to see it, personally. Not judging anyone.
    I don't think that's very likely. You might be able to break even with one, but I can't see any appreciation if you sit on it for less than 5 years, and who knows what will happen to the guitar market beyond that.
    When the current old guard die off, you won't be able to give your guitars away. The deep connection with guitars and guitar music will be lost forever. While these instruments will still be used for making music, there are no longer any rock heroes who the younger generation can aspire to, or try to emulate. Besides that, they've got a lot more choices regarding interests and hobbies, and playing the guitar would also mean putting down their phone for half an hour 
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited July 2020
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5307
    Freebird said:
    Be really interested to see if any with two are using this as an opportunity to spin some money later down the line. Good investment opportunity, but I'd be disappointed to see it, personally. Not judging anyone.
    I don't think that's very likely. You might be able to break even with one, but I can't see any appreciation if you sit on it for less than 5 years, and who knows what will happen to the guitar market beyond that.
    When the current old guard die off, you won't be able to give your guitars away. The deep connection with guitars and guitar music will be gone forever. While these instruments will still be used for making music, there are no longer any rock heroes who the younger generation can aspire to, or try to emulate. Besides that, they've got a lot more choices regarding interests and hobbies, and playing the guitar would also mean putting down their phone for half an hour  :)
    It’s not a morale booster, but I do think this is pretty on the money. 
    Brize said:
    JerkMoans said:

Dopey thing for Gibson to do with the certs.
    Why? Who cares what the cert says when the serial number of the guitar starts with an 8? What else could it be?
    Depends if you're an ignorant Hampton like me, knowing eff all about serial numbers, or not :confounded: 

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    gringopig said:
    Who says the younger generation are getting any of my guitars? I plan to  have a replica longboat made out of guitar cases and be floated out to sea whereupon the small incendiary charges placed in the pickup control cavities of all my precious precious guitars will detonate and vaporise my mortal remains.
    :scream: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5261
    The purists will probably hate it but I think this LP in Peach looks gorgeous.

http://images.peachguitars.com/1/_48a8732_f5659a50c2.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited August 2018
    DiscoStu said:

no pickguard or poker chip? I'm on your team but we're pariahs mate.
  • Some beautiful instruments here. Congratulations to all who made a purchase.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    DiscoStu said:

Is that Koa?
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    has anyone in this thread bought their guitar with the sole intention of flipping?
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited July 2020
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    hootsmon said:
    has anyone in this thread bought their guitar with the sole intention of flipping?
    I don’t see why anyone would do that. Second hand R8s go for £2000-2200. You could only lose money
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1273
    @roberty that's a beaut mate!! 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5261
    Whitecat said:
    DiscoStu said:

Is that Koa?
    No it's AAA maple finished in 'Mojave fade'.
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2770
    Gibson had around 120 guitars in stock on this deal (58’s anyway) and we were shipped 50 - 8 of them went back though 
    Not wishing to kick off any Gibson QC rants, but that ratio of over 1 in 6 amazes me, especially as these were Custom Shop guitars, which we might expect to have received a bit more care and attention at the factory. Makes me wonder what the typical returns ratio is for Gibson USA.

Anyway, congrats to all who've bought one, I know how much I love grabbing a desired bargain. Fortunately, my credit cards were safe, as I've no interest in Les Pauls, and also don't like bursts... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • brownovichbrownovich Frets: 417
    I’ve been in the States for the last week, and haven’t been checking the board. I knew they had the deals on but Bloody hell this has been an awesome thread.

I bought an R7 from John last year which I’m still super happy with but I must admit there’s a pang of envy at some of the tops that have been sold! Absolutely stunning!

If I was feeling particularly frivolous i’d move on the Goldtop and get on the waiting list for the replacements...

That said I think I prefer the extra fatness of the 57 neck over the 59.

Congrats to everyone who nabbed a bargain!
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1271
    I’ll be picking mine up in person on Pete Thorn night so I’ll have to wait the best part of a week! 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter