Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• peachguitarsdotcompeachguitarsdotcom Frets: 456
    edited August 2018
    Strat54 said:
    Why aren't the certificates saying R8? Is this why they are cheaper? 
    No. It’s because Gibson Europe had a mix of nearly 300 58, 59 and 60 spec guitars sat in boxes doing nothing and Gibson Custom gave them the authorisation to get in the money!
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • They decided in their infinite wisdom in 2017 to call them “standards” which they would’ve been in the 50’s. The first number in the serial designates the year. The guy who made that decision was fired 
    5reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    They decided in their infinite wisdom in 2017 to call them “standards” which they would’ve been in the 50’s. The first number in the serial designates the year. The guy who made that decision was fired 
    Isn’t he staying on as “interim” CEO until they find a replacement on the other side of their bankruptcy? ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2170
    Ahh thanks for that, I see now. Silly bloke, not his finest hour then. I'm sure their accountants will be happy to see those $$'s come back home. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    @peachguitars What is the situation for items posted over the weekend. Can guitars still get to us for Monday/Tuesday?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    @peachguitars What is the situation for items posted over the weekend. Can guitars still get to us for Monday/Tuesday?
    You'll be lucky for Monday!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Whitecat said:
    They decided in their infinite wisdom in 2017 to call them “standards” which they would’ve been in the 50’s. The first number in the serial designates the year. The guy who made that decision was fired 
    Isn’t he staying on as “interim” CEO until they find a replacement on the other side of their bankruptcy? ;)
    No, not him! Ha 
  • terada said:
    Everything ordered from Friday onwards will be despatched Tuesday for Wednesday. There’s a bank holiday in the way and those Saturday/Sunday delivery services are somewhat reminiscent of a chocolate Teapot 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    terada said:
    Everything ordered from Friday onwards will be despatched Tuesday for Wednesday. There’s a bank holiday in the way and those Saturday/Sunday delivery services are somewhat reminiscent of a chocolate Teapot 
    Mmmm chocolate tea...
  • If we would’ve sent on Friday, it wouldn’t have turned up until Tuesday and it would’ve meant it stayed in a delivery depot for 3 days, which usually means inconsistent temperature and humidity plus a higher chance of theft and breakage. Trust me, I know!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    edited August 2018
    How many replacements for off kilter ones do you have coming in, @peachguitarsdotcom ; ..?  And might any be in dirrrty lemon?

Asking for a friend D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    I have the same friend.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    pmbomb said:
    I have the same friend.
    We're all friends with them in fact
  • pmgpmg Frets: 297
    1 or 2 is the answer I got yesterday
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    edited August 2018
    TTony said:

I was planning a trip to Peach tomorrow (though not for an R8).

Looks like they're going to be too busy packing things  into large cardboard boxes to deal with people turning up at the shop.

I tried to count how many of these had sold to forum members, but it got too confusing when people started buying multiples ...

Edit: ttony set up a thread to cover this but seems specifically for Peach

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/138565/who-bought-a-peach-r8
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    JerkMoans said:
    How many replacements for off kilter ones do you have coming in, @peachguitarsdotcom ; ..?  And might any be in dirrrty lemon?

Asking for a friend D 
    John told me four or five went back with issues. The one I bought had a gouge on a back edge, but that was all. I got the option of choosing another (thanks Peach!). Now I hear that these might actually get destroyed, I’m a little bit dismayed. Surely it can’t be true?

Rob
  • MikeS said:
    Good question, and what surprises me (considering the amount of money this thread has generated) is GG's lack of any input. Very impressed with Peach and Coda, brilliant pro-active customer service,
    I can't speculate why GG hasn't been here but I can say that I've had vastly superior service from @peachguitarsdotcom and @DougCoda over the years and that might be part of why they're here and GG isn't.

Perhaps GG is more of a box shifter? I don't know. I tried a couple of times to deal with GG and they treated me like utter crap both times, with the last experience being pretty rubbish indeed.

@MikeS I don't know what I'm doing wrong when I deal with them, and your experience seems vastly different to mine. They must be doing something right if you've bought 50 guitars off them, but whatever it is they aren't doing it for me!

Please don't feel like I'm having a pop at you MikeS by the way, but I just can't abide GG given my final experience with them.

Right, spent a good chunk of today playing a beautiful guitar (and cleaning the fridge in penance to Mrs FVH), time for a beer!
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    TTony said:

Looks like they're going to be too busy packing things  into large cardboard boxes to deal with people turning up at the shop.

I tried to count how many of these had sold to forum members, but it got too confusing when people started buying multiples ...

We should be ok. We’re open on the bank holiday as well, which give us extra time to get everything ready for despatch on Tuesday. Jeff, Scott and Ryan will be the main sales guys tomorrow 
    Is alright - I was only joking! 

(Joking about you being too busy, not about coming in for a visit  :D )

Not been into the Colchester site yet.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • stickersticker Frets: 868

I don't get on with Gibsons , They don't suit my playing style , I find them heavy , I prefer the 25.5 scale length .I don't really like sunbursts . I have no need for another guitar .

I really want one of these customs .

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5819
    edited August 2018
    Wonder what it is about cherry that gets them left on the shelf?
    I think the darker cherry ones look great, but some ligher ones look like clown faces. They improve with age though.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    TTony said:
    TTony said:

We should be ok. We’re open on the bank holiday as well, which give us extra time to get everything ready for despatch on Tuesday. Jeff, Scott and Ryan will be the main sales guys tomorrow 
    Is alright - I was only joking! 

(Joking about you being too busy, not about coming in for a visit  :D )

Not been into the Colchester site yet.
    @TTony - if I wasn’t gigging tomorrow I’d have come down for a chin wag. Bah. 

Still - it should be a good gig tho
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    GG are box shifters for sure. I just received a Custom Shop Fender from them and the weight they gave me on email was almost half a lb out, some of the spec listed on the website was inaccurate, and the setup was awful. There is also no tracking, once you receive the order confirmation that’s it, no dispatch notification and no courier information, it just turns up. The fact that for a high end guitar you get two lousy pictures on the website and no weights is exactly in line with how much they think your custom is worth, could be a Spongebob guitar for all they care.

So why did I buy it I hear you cry?, because it was the one I wanted at the price I wanted and none of the above stops me cutting of my nose off to spite my face, even though they’re not my first choice to give my money to.

But, compared to dealing with Peach, which I have done several times, it’s not even close.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    sticker said:

I don't get on with Gibsons , They don't suit my playing style , I find them heavy , I prefer the 25.5 scale length .I don't really like sunbursts . I have no need for another guitar .

I really want one of these customs .

I am you from the future. Do it. Buy one. You won’t regret it after a while!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10333
    dindude said:
    GG are box shifters for sure. I just received a Custom Shop Fender from them and the weight they gave me on email was almost half a lb out, some of the spec listed on the website was inaccurate, and the setup was awful. There is also no tracking, once you receive the order confirmation that’s it, no dispatch notification and no courier information, it just turns up. The fact that for a high end guitar you get two lousy pictures on the website and no weights is exactly in line with how much they think your custom is worth, could be a Spongebob guitar for all they care.

So why did I buy it I hear you cry?, because it was the one I wanted at the price I wanted and none of the above stops me cutting of my nose off to spite my face, even though they’re not my first choice to give my money to.

But, compared to dealing with Peach, which I have done several times, it’s not even close.
    GG Birmingham knocked over 800 quid off my CS 345, set it up on new 11s, polished it all up and had it ready fir collection. 
    They also left me to grab anything as I pleased to play through any amp I wished, offered tea and coffee etc
    I thought they were top notch.
    Also ordeded twice online with them. Both times everything was as promised
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Right everyone! I’m off on my Hols on Tuesday for a week, so I will have someone in the shop checking this for me but the best way to make contact will be via email or phone of course. I don’t expect there to be any issues as Tom has spent hours making sure all of these guitars are right but if there’s any other issues with couriers or anything like that then please make contact that way, as you’ll get a much quicker response. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    dindude said:

GG Birmingham knocked over 800 quid off my CS 345, set it up on new 11s, polished it all up and had it ready fir collection. 
    They also left me to grab anything as I pleased to play through any amp I wished, offered tea and coffee etc
    GG is totally dependent on who you are dealing with, very specifically. Despite being in the deep southeast I have the best service from them from a dude in Glasgow and he’s helped me out with a few things. 

But with Peach (and Coda) there is no crapshoot - good people no matter who you talk to and shit just gets done. 

IMO YMMV etc. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2103
    dindude said:

Log into your proper email account, and you will find an email from them, likely sitting in your POP or junk folder with a DPD link that you can click on and track the journey. I've had a DPD tracking link from them every purchase and every time it's gone straight to POP or junk.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10333
    Whitecat said:
    dindude said:

GG is totally dependent on who you are dealing with, very specifically. Despite being in the deep southeast I have the best service from them from a dude in Glasgow and he’s helped me out with a few things. 

But with Peach (and Coda) there is no crapshoot - good people no matter who you talk to and shit just gets done. 

IMO YMMV etc. 
    My only experience with peach was trying to order a Hudson broadcast. I know the issue wasn't their fault. They did sort out my refund well enough. 

Coda have always been awesome. It's also a lethal place to visit. Last time I went there I came out a lot lighter financially
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    dindude said:

I had something damaged in transit from GG and their service was spot on. Was a real shame actually (about the guitar)