Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    I nearly bought two - 8 7393 was in my basket for a while.  Did anyone on here buy that one?  It's a Lemon Drop with flecks on the top.

I'd like to claim "first dibs" if you don't bond with it or want to sell it at any point in the future  :)

I’m afraid I’m guilty of buying 87393. Just picked it up today and I’m absolutely blown away! It looks incredible, has a great neck, is a great weight and is also one of the best historics I’ve ever heard, of not the best! Hats off to Peach Guitars. Their customer service has been second to none. Couple of pics below now I’ve got it home:

https://imgur.com/gallery/BLj4I6c
    Awwwwwwwwwwww, that's the one!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    Not adverse to a scratchplate-free LP, but I actually quite like the poker chip for some reason. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:
    I nearly bought two - 8 7393 was in my basket for a while.  Did anyone on here buy that one?  It's a Lemon Drop with flecks on the top.

I'd like to claim "first dibs" if you don't bond with it or want to sell it at any point in the future  :)

I’m afraid I’m guilty of buying 87393. Just picked it up today and I’m absolutely blown away! It looks incredible, has a great neck, is a great weight and is also one of the best historics I’ve ever heard, of not the best! Hats off to Peach Guitars. Their customer service has been second to none. Couple of pics below now I’ve got it home:

Awwwwwwwwwwww, that's the one!
    Sorry mate, that looks terrible. You should send it back immediately. And then let me and only me know once you've done so.....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I've been holding off saying anything until it was resolved, but there's a tiny nick in mine behind the nut on the top side of the neck. Looks like whoever was installing the nut was a little clumsy.

GG offered me a generous part refund which I have accepted. I need this cut for 11s anyway so I can get the finish patched up at the same time 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    @hyperben congrats! These guitars are something else eh?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1111
    hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:

hyperben said:
    Twinfan said:

That’s stunning!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    I for one am very much looking forward to the “Peach R8” sub forum in the Classifieds in the coming weeks ! 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    DrBob said:
    I for one am very much looking forward to the “Peach R8” sub forum in the Classifieds in the coming weeks ! 
    To sell R8s or to sell stuff to pay for R8s? :)
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    I wonder if after the hysteria has abated, some people will return the guitars to Peach/GG ? will that stock also be for sale again ? or will it go back to Gibson ?

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    DrBob said:
    I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm guessing most have been bought online and if there's any issue at all, people would return them for a refund, rather than sell second-hand at (presumably) a loss. 

Although I'm guessing we'll see a fair few non-Custom Shop LPs for sale to fund those purchased!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Anyone who was thinking about selling a recent-model R8 here in the UK now too is maybe gonna have to pause or take a bigger bath than they thought... for a few months. The market will likely stabilise again I'm sure, these aren't gonna ruin it forever, but there will be a short time when the second hand value is gonna be perceived at like, £1500.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    Whitecat said:
    ...there will be a short time when the second hand value is gonna be perceived at like, £1500.
    Dream on.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Hattigol said:
    Whitecat said:
    ...there will be a short time when the second hand value is gonna be perceived at like, £1500.
    Dream on.
    Go ahead and list an R8 in the Classifieds today and see what you can get for it. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Whitecat said:
    Anyone who was thinking about selling a recent-model R8 here in the UK now too is maybe gonna have to pause or take a bigger bath than they thought... for a few months. The market will likely stabilise again I'm sure, these aren't gonna ruin it forever, but there will be a short time when the second hand value is gonna be perceived at like, £1500.
    I was thinking about this over the last few days - When all the fuss has died down then yes used prices will recover to as was

Remember though that £1500 is a perceived current value as a member of FB - there is a big guitar world out there that knows nothing about FB,  and as such relevant dealers, e-bay, reverb etc will still function with prices as was

It has effectively caused a blip in the short term - 3 mths time a used price will effectively be around the promotion new price
    edited August 2018
    Whitecat said:
    I was thinking about this over the last few days - When all the fuss has died down then yes used prices will recover to as was

Remember though that £1500 is a perceived current value as a member of FB - there is a big guitar world out there that knows nothing about FB,  and as such relevant dealers, e-bay, reverb etc will still function with prices as was

It has effectively caused a blip in the short term - 3 mths time a used price will effectively be around the promotion new price
    If you’re researching buying a new one though it’s not hard to discover via your favourite search engine that most places have them at £2499 - either bought in to sell at that or dropped to match - and some places will be yet getting more. It would take a serious luddite to not become aware of this as it’s not isolated. 

I agree that three months is probably the magic number for the dilution to cease. But this week would be a bad week to list one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    There was another Iced Tea on GuitarGuitar for.....less than 5 minutes.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    edited August 2018
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1268
    edited August 2018
    I sold a really good lemonburst R8 in great nick a few years ago and only got £1800 for it, so it wouldn't surprise me at all. The fact the buyer then advertised it on here at £2200 and got nowhere with it probably backs that up. I'm not convinced the used prices will creep back up over two grand again any time soon.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    dbphoto said:
    Don't get to choose the top though. Peach win this big time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    dbphoto said:
    Holy crap.  Truly the Fates are ORDERING me to buy one. 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    it also says "Neck: Mahogany body with '58 profile"

My understanding is the Peach stock had a 59 profile, which is slimmer, is that correct? I'm keen to avoid "baseball bat" necks.

JerkMoans said:
    dbphoto said:
    In stock in Epsom they say - you're in S London aren't you so maybe worth a visit?
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    Yep, not clear exactly what these are or what year they are.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2170
    These prices will have no effect on the used market in the long term. Those discounted Masterbuilt Fender's I mentioned earlier in the thread have since sold for more than a £1000 more than they cost new and have been well inline with the other guitars.
    The only possible outcome though would be an increase in the supply of them used if people have bought on a whim and aren't happy with them, which I would guess would be more of a short term issue. 
    I'm not a LP person, only ever owned one which was an early '59 pre-historic, but heck I've been tempted with this off too...lol. 
    pmbomb said:
    it also says "Neck: Mahogany body with '58 profile"

My understanding is the Peach stock had a 59 profile, which is slimmer, is that correct? I'm keen to avoid "baseball bat" necks.

Well spotted.  Consensus above was that each of these ones had slimmer '59 style necks (whatever they may be like), but it would be good to be certain...  When does the Coda kit go 'live'?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • That’s incredibly lazy on GG’s part.  Yes it’s a good deal but there can’t be many that will throw 2.5K at a guitar they can’t see or weight etc 
    Twinfan said:
    Yep, not clear exactly what these are or what year they are.
    Possibly they're taking the chance to move some while there is a roll.

GG's picture has been used for another item too so it's likely a stock photo.

see https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/search/?Query=+Gibson+Custom+Shop+Les+Paul+Standard+1958+Figured+Top+Dirty+Lemon+VOS+NH+PSL&searchoverride=
    pmbomb said:
    JerkMoans said:
    dbphoto said:
    In stock in Epsom they say - you're in S London aren't you so maybe worth a visit?
    N London, and en route to court in the Barbarian Easterlands, but contemplating tooling over there afterwards :)

Mass insanity or what?! :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter