Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• KitsuneKitsune Frets: 291
    Ossyrocks said:
    Just got my "Order Processed by our dispatch team" emails. There is now a fleet of vans departing Peach Guitars with a whole pile of lovely wood and wire in the back of them. 

Needless to say, I will be mostly sitting at home tomorrow twitching the curtains.

Rob
    My order must be the only non R8 in that van! Waiting for an email myself, supposed to be tomorrow delivery.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    So bright. So preciousssss...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 430
    I thought the tops in the pics on the websites looked a bit disappointing but looking at the pics that people who have picked one up I was wrong, they look great!  Congrats to everyone who has picked one up, at £2499 that's a cracking deal!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1111
    Ossyrocks said:
    Just got my "Order Processed by our dispatch team" emails. There is now a fleet of vans departing Peach Guitars with a whole pile of lovely wood and wire in the back of them. 

Needless to say, I will be mostly sitting at home tomorrow twitching the curtains.

Rob
    Not mine. It is staying at Peach for a bit as I’m working away for a couple of weeks. Although I am sure I will now get plenty of offers to look after it until I get back...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    There really is bloody loads of them.

GuitarGuitar have another 11 listed for sale now (7 Cherry and 4 Iced Tea)
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Peach getting more in next week too I was told 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    dbphoto said:

Do you have a link - I haven't seen them
    terada said:
    dbphoto said:

Do you have a link - I haven't seen them

Ok I can see 2 but they're just stock photos with not weights - do GG list the weights?
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1113
    Stock photos/no weights
    Stock photos/no weights
    = No Sale

(thanks for posting the links)
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5307
    edited August 2018
    If Guitar Guitar had put pictures and weights up I'd probably have had one of these by now, I suppose they think they dont need to bother, and I dunno maybe they dont ?
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    edited August 2018
    terada said:
    Stock photos/no weights
    = No Sale

(thanks for posting the links)
    Sounds like if you contact them they will show you the tops and weigh them for you?

@BloodEagle
  • GG are sending out pics to those who ask. To be fair, they're flying off the shelf quicker than they can probably post pictures on the website! I had a pick of two this morning, and they were very accommodating and helpful. And fast responding.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmgpmg Frets: 297
    I keep getting cut off on chat when asking for weights and pictures but the info I have had is that the weights range between 8lbs 9 and 9lbs 1.  Too heavy for me sadly.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited August 2018
    If Guitar Guitar had put pictures and weights up I'd probably have had one of these by now, I suppose they think they dont need to bother, and I dunno maybe they dont ?
    Guitars are getting very expensive these days but I personally think £2.5k should still be enough to justify the effort of taking a few photos and putting a guitar on a scale - even when they're selling fast.  And they should do it as a matter of course on "normal" upper price bracket listings.

I'll spend £2.5k on an online purchase but I won't spent it on what is effectively a Lucky Dip.
  • pmgpmg Frets: 297
    Philly_Q said:
    Guitars are getting very expensive these days but I personally think £2.5k should still be enough to justify the effort of taking a few photos and putting a guitar on a scale - even when they're selling fast.

I'll spend £2.5k on an online purchase but I won't spent it on what is effectively a Lucky Dip.
    I agree but given the rate they’re selling at they probably don’t see the point
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_Q said:
    Guitars are getting very expensive these days but I personally think £2.5k should still be enough to justify the effort of taking a few photos and putting a guitar on a scale - even when they're selling fast.  And they should do it as a matter of course on "normal" upper price bracket listings.

That's the thing...I think they're selling too fast to do so.

Philly_Q said:

Yeah, I agree - which is why I wish they'd put pics and weights up
  • mortmort Frets: 709
    I was lucky on Friday afternoon, Peach still had 9 in stock and I had the luxury of looking at them all, comparing weights and tops for an hour or so before pulling the trigger. Happy days!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    This is a feeding frenzy of epic proportions. =)
    I wonder how many of you who have bought one of these guitars were actively looking to purchase a guitar in general, or a Les Paul more specifically, or have you been enticed by the thought of a bargain or a fear of missing out?
    Whatever the reason I hope you all enjoy your new guitars. ;)
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    mort said:
    I was lucky on Friday afternoon, Peach still had 9 in stock and I had the luxury of looking at them all, comparing weights and tops for an hour or so before pulling the trigger. Happy days!
    Did you find there was much variety, sound wise?
    I wasnt looking at buying a Les Paul at all, but I know the post 2013 R8's are v nice guitars with all of the appointments I like, and the price is a bargain, so why not?
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    It's not about the speed they're selling at, GG never listed the weights in the older listings before the sale ensued either. Or showed the actual guitar in some instances. Their lack of interest in doing so would put me off too.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    roberty said:
    mort said:
    I suspect Mort means "online"...
  • mortmort Frets: 709
    roberty said:
    mort said:
    Should have said this was online, not in the shop! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Must say some of these look lovely... even I'm half-tempted!! But if I got anything it'd be a Suhr of some sort with neck humbucker. 

OR, instead of spending £2.5k on guitars, spend it on lessons :)

Still.... look lovely....
  • Boromedic said:
    It's not about the speed they're selling at, GG never listed the weights in the older listings before the sale ensued either. Or showed the actual guitar in some instances. Their lack of interest in doing so would put me off too.
    Can't disagree with that, those are the facts, I guess. However, in their defense, I've always had good luck and responses from them when asked for actual pictures and information.

Is it worth noting that GG have a number of shops and are a bigger business (I guess) than Peach, only having the one store, so maybe they are able to afford more time and effort. There's no excusing it, but it takes time to run a website, some do it better than others. All I can say is that they've given me top notch service today, GG.

I'm a massive fan of Peach though, bought some stuff off them over the years, great to deal with too.

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 811
    edited August 2018
    I wish I had £2.5k  :'(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GG are offering much better longer term rates on finance than peach. Coda we’re offering better than peach too