Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    pmbomb said:
    crunchman said:
    Was planning to mention this to my wife in an off handed kind of way when I got home tonight to gauge the reaction.  There probably won't be any left by that time at this rate.
    ask forgiveness not permission!

She's actually very good to me on guitars.  She's suggested I go on a Crimson course next year, which is £995 plus materials, hardware etc.  I was actually thinking of trying to build something in a Les Paul vein.

These do look tempting at that price with the 0% offer though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Just been in contact with guitarguitar. No pics will be coming through, weights are between 8.9 & 9.1 lbs for all guitars
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbomb said:
    @Legionreturns correct me if I'm wrong but did you just drop too n'arf big ones on a guitar you can't right now play? :astonished: -)

It's a physiotherapy aid

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    edited August 2018
    terada said:
    Just been in contact with guitarguitar. No pics will be coming through, weights are between 8.9 & 9.1 lbs for all guitars
    Too busy for pics then, and the weights sound like a broad estimate.

Bit of pot luck involved if buying!
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    dbphoto said:
    pmbomb said:
    pmbomb said:
    lol @Legionreturns - is that for your kids' birthday party business?

Absolutely! 

As far as my tax return is concerned...
    too right - £415 of that is VAT, get it back!
    I would be interested to hear any suggestions of how I could justify the purchase to my accountant and put it through my business books? 

Photographic albums and books is my business if that helps make up something believable ;-)
    Now taking applications for zero hour freelance instructors  
    To be honest I have had a duvet day and have yet to turn my brain on so I don’t get what you mean? @Legionreturns ;
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphoto said:
    dbphoto said:
    pmbomb said:
    pmbomb said:
    lol @Legionreturns - is that for your kids' birthday party business?

Absolutely! 

As far as my tax return is concerned...
    too right - £415 of that is VAT, get it back!
    I would be interested to hear any suggestions of how I could justify the purchase to my accountant and put it through my business books? 

Photographic albums and books is my business if that helps make up something believable ;-)
    Now taking applications for zero hour freelance instructors  
    To be honest I have had a duvet day and have yet to turn my brain on so I don’t get what you mean? @Legionreturns ;
    If you're a freelance music teacher on paper... guitars are tools of the trade AND you're self employed 

• Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 459
    Whitecat said:

Does it reference this thread as the main reason theyre now flush with cash??
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Ah, ok, where do I sign up!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    Could someone link a YouTube clip of one in action please? I’ve probably missed a link in the last 29 pages.... I don’t even know what to search for.....True Historic, Custom Shop etc. Ta Muchly  :)
  • I'd imagine next year's tFB Calendar is going to have a collage of these for August! 

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    tone1 said:
    Could someone link a YouTube clip of one in action please? I’ve probably missed a link in the last 29 pages.... I don’t even know what to search for.....True Historic, Custom Shop etc. Ta Muchly  :)

Search for "58 Ltd" in the Peach YouTube channel for some more  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tone1 said:
    This is my one:

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    edited August 2018
    tone1 said:
    Could someone link a YouTube clip of one in action please? I’ve probably missed a link in the last 29 pages.... I don’t even know what to search for.....True Historic, Custom Shop etc. Ta Muchly 
    Peach had about 7 videos showing different models. Do a YT search for Peach you'll find em.

Edit: here's one:

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• This thread needs to die now please. It's driving me mad. I don't even gig the Les Paul I have now - surely I don't need ANOTHER?!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    I'd imagine next year's tFB Calendar is going to have a collage of these for August! 
    May as well just have one on every month.
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    I don't need another guitar. I don't need a LP. Still I can't stop checking this thread and guitarguitar site .. :scream: 
    @Twinfan  @Boromedic Thanks  :)
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657

VOS NH PSL

what does the nh psl stand for?

tae be or not tae be
    hootsmon said:

VOS NH PSL

Photo Supply Lacking
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    hootsmon said:

VOS NH PSL

Not Historic
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1113
    Pre-Sold Limited is the PSL
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Peach Surely Laughing 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1113
    NH maybe nickel hardware
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    This thread:

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tone1 said:
    Peach Surely Laughing 
    Price Set Low
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 814
    Gentleman,

the guitar guitar courier van is full!  =)

Thank you for your order with us,

I am sorry to say this but your guitar will be delayed by one day this will be with you by Thursday!

The courier did not have enough space on the van today with the bank holiday back log and there has been a few items unable to go, 

I am very sorry about this I do hope Thursday is okay if not I can upgrade this to Saturday or Sunday deliver free of charge if this is better for you 

Kind Regards, 
    Emma 

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Wow! That is crazy. Shame mate.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Don't worry - Peach have got an alternate solution lined up for their deliveries..

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Found a little more info on these from the original announcement:

NAMM 2017 New and exciting things are going down at the Gibson Custom Shop. Specs are being rearranged, necks and tops are changing shapes, and everything is lined up to come out fantastic. You can pre-order these guitars starting right now from The Music Zoo. Here is the low-down about what is coming out of the Historic division of the Gibson Custom Shop for 2017! Stay tuned for pictures as the guitars arrive in the store.

Features of what we knew as 2016 Standard and True Historics are being condensed into one single series where all new 2017 Historic Reissue Les Pauls will feature:
    – The Carmelita top carve profile
    -All ’54, ’56, ’57, and ’58 Historic Reissues have ’59 neck profiles
    – All hide-glue construction and nitrocellulose lacquer finishes with aniline dye
    – True Historic parts including pickguard, pickup rings, switch washer, tip, knobs, pickup covers, and jack plate.
    – Historic accurate serial numbers (no “R” at the beginning of the serial)
    – Rolled Fretboard Binding
    – Solid Indian rosewood fretboard
    – Solid one-piece mahogany neck with Historic long neck tenon
    – Holly Headstock Veneer
    – Custombucker Pickups
    -Finishes include Antique Gold, Dirty Lemon (replacing Lemon Burst), Faded Tobacco, Iced Tea, and Washed Cherry
    -The street price for 1954 through 1958 Historic Reissue Les Pauls in both Gloss and VOS finishes are $4,699.
    -The street price for 1959 through 1960 Historic Reissue Les Pauls in both Gloss and VOS finishes are $6,499.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter