Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Adamski said:
    I’ll be picking mine up in person on Pete Thorn night so I’ll have to wait the best part of a week! 
    Omg what a night that will be. Which one did you get?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • brownovichbrownovich Frets: 417
    Adamski said:
    I’ll be picking mine up in person on Pete Thorn night so I’ll have to wait the best part of a week! 
    You sure you don’t want me to pick it up for you in the meantime? You know, break it in a bit, give it a few dings and knocks, give it some character? Cover it in Jizz, that sort of thing?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    2018 '58 Dirty Lemon on GAK's eBay for £2.7k

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-Custom-Historic-1958-Les-Paul-Standard-Gloss-Lemon-Burst-SN-8-8155/123281108245

Don't see it on their website

Very nice top!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1113
    ^^ that one at GAK is sold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    DiscoStu said:
    Whitecat said:
    DiscoStu said:
    The purists will probably hate it but I think this LP in Peach looks gorgeous.

http://images.peachguitars.com/1/_48a8732_f5659a50c2.jpg
    Is that Koa?
    No it's AAA maple finished in 'Mojave fade'.
    I can deal with the no chip and scratch plate, but the lack of pickup rings with covered buckers makes my brain itch.  Love the finish though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ^^ that one at GAK is sold
    Ah, their eBay monkey must be on holiday :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    roberty said:
    Adamski said:
    Omg what a night that will be. Which one did you get?!
    The one with the weird haircut and the earrings, I’d imagine....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmgpmg Frets: 297
    Contrast gak’s Approach to peach/coda: 

priced higher
    stock photo
    No weight
    vague neck description

Makes you buy with confidence 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1113
    ^^ In fairness, RE the price,  GAKs was on ebay - I imagine it would have been £2.5k on there website......the extra may have been to cover ebay fees
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Fair point
    edited August 2018
    I read that all the CS reissues had the same neck in 2017 (.9" / 1.0") except for the '59s they shaved a little extra off the shoulder

Listed here as "1950s style": http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/Custom/Standard-Historic-1958-Les-Paul-Standard.aspx
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    edited August 2018
    roberty said:
    I read that all the CS reissues had the same neck in 2017 (.9" / 1.0") except for the '59s they shaved a little extra off the shoulder

Listed here as "1950s style": http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/Custom/Standard-Historic-1958-Les-Paul-Standard.aspx
    Just to be clear, that guitar on Gibson's website - is that the specific one that Peach have been selling? 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    Hattigol said:
    roberty said:

Just to be clear, that guitar on Gibson's website - is that the specific one that Peach have been selling? 
    No, that's a 2016/  Peach's are 2017s.  I think they're almost the same though, just the neck shape isn't the fatter '58 style.
    Twinfan said:
    Hattigol said:
    roberty said:

No, that's a 2016/  Peach's are 2017s.  I think they're almost the same though, just the neck shape isn't the fatter '58 style.
    Gibson didn't list the 2017s on their website, but in 2016 they were referring to the neck shape as "50s style", same as the GAK eBay listing
  • pmg said:

priced higher
    stock photo
    No weight
    vague neck description

May not be a fair comparison?  The one on eBay is listed as a 2018 Made to Measure... not a 2017 Standard.
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    pmg said:

priced higher
    stock photo
    No weight
    vague neck description

May not be a fair comparison?  The one on eBay is listed as a 2018 Made to Measure... not a 2017 Standard.
    Gak had two of these 2017 "Standards" at £2.5k with individual photographs of each. Admittedly I can't remember if they had the weight listed though.
    johnl said:
    pmg said:

priced higher
    stock photo
    No weight
    vague neck description

Gak had two of these 2017 "Standards" at £2.5k with individual photographs of each. Admittedly I can't remember if they had the weight listed though.
    They didn’t.  I might have been a little heavy handed here but I still believe that at this price point actual photos, guitar weight and maybe something more than the generic manufacturer blurb would make a better advertisement.  

Anyhoo, hope the purchaser is happy with their new guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I think when mine arrives it won't be long before the poker chip and scratchplate are removed.

Why hide any of that lovely wood ;-)

2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphoto said:
    I think when mine arrives it won't be long before the poker chip and scratchplate are removed.

Why hide any of that lovely wood ;-)

Don't you show your face here again, if you do, young man.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1896
    All the Gibson dealers which haven't got a chance at these must be overjoyed at this. For a shop like Andertons or a chain like PMT they will be left with a ton of stock which they won't be able to sell for a good while. It's bad enough banging out the lower end of the range on Amazon, but the volume of guitars is so much lower at the higher end I think it will be months and months before demand for R8/R9's returns. 

It's a great deal, but once again, Gibson are kicking the shops they expect so much of really hard in the balls. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3432
    edited August 2018
    Surely Anderton's and PMT had an equal opportunity to snap these up and didn't. I'm speculating that they did, at least.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Lodious said: I think it will be months and months before demand for R8/R9's returns. 

Only if these sales at £2500 went to people who would have been willing to also buy at £4200. In many cases that's unlikely - I would be one willing to contemplate £2500 but never £4200.

More likely they've taken sales of PRS etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5307
    I find it hard to feel too sorry for big stores like PMT and to a lesser extent Anderson’s 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    edited August 2018
    I hope it's screwed the eBay bedroom dealers trying to get the best part of £3,000 for a used one.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    pmg said:
    johnl said:
    pmg said:

priced higher
    stock photo
    No weight
    vague neck description

They didn’t.  I might have been a little heavy handed here but I still believe that at this price point actual photos, guitar weight and maybe something more than the generic manufacturer blurb would make a better advertisement.  

Anyhoo, hope the purchaser is happy with their new guitar
    Peach have really gone the extra mile with decent photos, thorough inspections and a published weight for each guitar. I'm really impressed. I'm sure it pays off for them with fewer returns and after-sales hassle
  • mortmort Frets: 709
    edited August 2018
    I hope it's screwed the eBay bedroom dealers trying to get the best part of £3,000 for a used one.
    I reckon they would have snapped a few of these up. Expect to see this kind of thing soon;

♚AMAZING♚2017GIBSON Custom Shop LES PAUL 1958 Reissue♚VOS♚Dirty Lemon♚COA♚ £3800

@greedypig-guitars
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    edited August 2018
    Lodious said:
    All the Gibson dealers which haven't got a chance at these must be overjoyed at this. For a shop like Andertons or a chain like PMT they will be left with a ton of stock which they won't be able to sell for a good while. It's bad enough banging out the lower end of the range on Amazon, but the volume of guitars is so much lower at the higher end I think it will be months and months before demand for R8/R9's returns. 

It's a great deal, but once again, Gibson are kicking the shops they expect so much of really hard in the balls. 
    Some dealers have just reduced the price on in-stock ones to compete. 

Not everyone got the memo though...

https://www.maxguitarstore.com/products/gibson-1958-les-paul-sunburst/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1068
    No lemon though 
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    Twinfan said:
    I nearly bought two - 8 7393 was in my basket for a while.  Did anyone on here buy that one?  It's a Lemon Drop with flecks on the top.

I'd like to claim "first dibs" if you don't bond with it or want to sell it at any point in the future  :)

I’m afraid I’m guilty of buying 87393. Just picked it up today and I’m absolutely blown away! It looks incredible, has a great neck, is a great weight and is also one of the best historics I’ve ever heard, of not the best! Hats off to Peach Guitars. Their customer service has been second to none. Couple of pics below now I’ve got it home:

https://imgur.com/gallery/BLj4I6c
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter