Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    tomajoha said:
    tomajoha said:
    Someday this thread I created will die and I'll stop getting email notifications from it  3. Until that day I suppose we should rock on
    You CAN turn that off by un-starring it, if you want to...
    I don't think I can as I created it, I think the only way is to disable notifications for all my posts, thanks for trying!
    Really @digitalscream ; ??
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 822
    I know - I'll have to console myself in the 3,444,543 plectrums Peach gave me as commission.

They're all .50mm bastards...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    tomajoha said:
    I know - I'll have to console myself in the 3,444,543 plectrums Peach gave me as commission.

They're all .50mm bastards...
    When will you start the R7 bonanza thread please? (cash ready)
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    terada said:
    @Modellista ;
    are you teaching the exam... or doing the exam?
    I did the exam so I had experience of the Trinity setup so I could teach it, basically.  Was a good experience, I'd recommend the Trinity exams to anyone - totally practical, no theory explanations required, just three songs and an improv.
    Just listened to this. Super super cool, nice playing. Did you get the guitar-free backing track from them - or can these be found elsewhere?
    Cheers!  The backing track is a download using a code that comes with the book.  One way of getting it is using the Trinity app - there's a small fee for each song and you can fade in and out the various instruments - bass, guitar, drums etc.  That's the best way of getting just one track.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    tomajoha said:
    tomajoha said:
    Someday this thread I created will die and I'll stop getting email notifications from it  3. Until that day I suppose we should rock on
    You CAN turn that off by un-starring it, if you want to...
    I don't think I can as I created it, I think the only way is to disable notifications for all my posts, thanks for trying!
    Really @digitalscream ; ??
    It's true, there's no way to unsubscribe from a thread you've created; the only way to avoid it is to disable notifications for all threads you've created and then make sure you subscribe to your own.

I'm aware, it's pretty silly. The only consolation for me is that I didn't design it.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    tomajoha said:
    Someday this thread I created will die and I'll stop getting email notifications from it  :3. Until that day I suppose we should rock on
    I hold you personally responsible for the financial hardship I endured whilst purchasing two 2017 R8's and a 2017 R9, which I still have and love, much to the annoyance of Mrs Rocks, who would have preferred to spend the money on romantic trips abroad, soft furnishings and more cushions to add to the 27 we already have in the house.

I find it quietly satisfying knowing that you get a notification every time someone posts in this thread, it's your penance.

Rob 
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Ossyrocks said:
    tomajoha said:
    Someday this thread I created will die and I'll stop getting email notifications from it  :3. Until that day I suppose we should rock on
    I hold you personally responsible for the financial hardship I endured whilst purchasing two 2017 R8's and a 2017 R9, which I still have and love, much to the annoyance of Mrs Rocks, who would have preferred to spend the money on romantic trips abroad, soft furnishings and more cushions to add to the 27 we already have in the house.

I find it quietly satisfying knowing that you get a notification every time someone posts in this thread, it's your penance.

Rob 
    Have you got a spare cushion? I feel the need to smother myself... ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Ossyrocks said:
    tomajoha said:

Rob 
    So frustrating that in the end I only kept an r8 and r9. Should have kept the cherry R8.  :o
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    terada said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    tomajoha said:

Rob 
    So frustrating that in the end I only kept an r8 and r9. Should have kept the cherry R8.  :o
    That was my intention when I got the R9, to let one of the R8's go. But, I can't bring myself to do it! Two of mine are washed cherry, and at the start it was my least favourite option, but now I'm so glad I went with them, the colour is great but the R8 is fading ever so slightly now.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    I couldn't be arsed reading the whole thread.......what's an R8?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    It's a bit like a modded Harley Benton, but more expensive.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 300
    A car model, manufactured by AUDI. There are some rich people here in the forum. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    To be fair I'd discount peach ones too...shit colour for a guitar. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    FWIW @tomajoha you will always have a special place in my heart
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    roberty said:
    As someone I can annoy by occasionally posting in this thread
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    As someone I can annoy by occasionally posting in this thread
    lol
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    terada said:
    @Modellista ;
    are you teaching the exam... or doing the exam?
    I did the exam so I had experience of the Trinity setup so I could teach it, basically.  Was a good experience, I'd recommend the Trinity exams to anyone - totally practical, no theory explanations required, just three songs and an improv.
    Just listened to this. Super super cool, nice playing. Did you get the guitar-free backing track from them - or can these be found elsewhere?
    Cheers!  The backing track is a download using a code that comes with the book.  One way of getting it is using the Trinity app - there's a small fee for each song and you can fade in and out the various instruments - bass, guitar, drums etc.  That's the best way of getting just one track.
    This sounds great! I’m gonna try that tonight.

Thanks @roberty it’s good to feel loved 
    nice 2012 R8 on facey at the minute, £2150's not bad

(no affiliation)

• dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Pretty much a year after the event how many original buyers still have their R8? (or R9)

Around 6 months in I realised I was never picking mine up as even though I have bought and sold quite a few Les Paul’s I never seem to accept they are just not for me, and the small finishing defects just became too annoying, along with buying an old Ibanez JS for a tenth of the price that I preferred in almost every way.

So while it was a lovely thing, it became nothing more than an ornament so decided to move it on in January I think.

(it sold within a week or so via Gumtree to a very trusting guy in London who was happy to pay my asking price of £2500, via bank transfer, and with my condition that he arranged and paid for a courier to collect.  A £1 profit and six months of ownership worked out well I think!)

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I kept one R8 and one R9. Mostly play the R9, but they are both superb. 

I havent lost out on any that went  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    The quantity discount you must have received probably helped with your profit margin @terada ;-)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 459
    Still have mine. It’s everything that I want out of a Les Paul after 25 years of trying and playing many kinds including older historics. So it’s staying unless I need the cash for non guitar stuff.
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1844
    dbphoto said:
    Pretty much a year after the event how many original buyers still have their R8? (or R9)

Around 6 months in I realised I was never picking mine up as even though I have bought and sold quite a few Les Paul’s I never seem to accept they are just not for me, and the small finishing defects just became too annoying, along with buying an old Ibanez JS for a tenth of the price that I preferred in almost every way.

So while it was a lovely thing, it became nothing more than an ornament so decided to move it on in January I think.

(it sold within a week or so via Gumtree to a very trusting guy in London who was happy to pay my asking price of £2500, via bank transfer, and with my condition that he arranged and paid for a courier to collect.  A £1 profit and six months of ownership worked out well I think!)

What were the finishing defects out of interest?
    edited July 2019
    I will see if I can dig out some photos later @TINMAN82 but the fretwork was poor, there were lots of file marks on the board and due to the neck pickup ring not being flush against the end of the fretboard you could see a bit of a bodge job at the tenon.  Also, no matter what I used I could not get the fretboard to stop looking too dry!

Still, overall it looked superb and sounded great and if it had only had a belly cut and balanced better when playing seated I would have continued to forgive the above.
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1844
    dbphoto said:
    I will see if I can dig out some photos later @TINMAN82 but the fretwork was poor, there were lots of file marks on the board and due to the neck pickup ring not being flush against the end of the fretboard you could see a bit of a bodge job at the tenon.  Also, no matter what I used I could not get the fretboard to stop looking too dry!

Still, overall it looked superb and sounded great and if it had only had a belly cut and balanced better when playing seated I would have continued to forgive the above.
    That is poor for a historic. None of those issues on my 2013 R8 but have seen most of them on USA models. Would have nagged at me too, although the frets and file marks are easily enough sorted.
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    dbphoto said:
    Pfff, this place is full of flippers who just want to buy low and sell high. Should be ashamed. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited July 2019
    dbphoto said:
    The quantity discount you must have received probably helped with your profit margin @terada ;-)

dbphoto said:
    ...and balanced better when playing seated...
    This was one of the main reasons many of mine left casa terada. My R9 is the most balanced les Paul I’ve ever handled on the knee, the R8 less so, but some of the ones I moved on were far too unbalanced for me. 
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I still have my three, but I actually listed my R9 for sale today on Facebook. The cherry R8 will be going too. I’m keeping the iced tea R8 with subtle flame and only 8lbs 5oz. 

I’m having a bit of a clear out to raise extra cash for a house purchase/ move coming up.

I listed my Yamano 335 this morning on Facebook and sold it in 5 minutes, maybe that was advertised a bit cheaply.....