Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• @Pablocrackers
    Very nice. Looks like a keeper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I may need to do another survey to find out which original owners kept their Summer '18 R8's. I still have mine, it's not going anywhere!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    I may need to do another survey to find out which original owners kept their Summer '18 R8's. I still have mine, it's not going anywhere!
    Not a bad shout. In the end I kept an R9 and an R8. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    I may need to do another survey to find out which original owners kept their Summer '18 R8's. I still have mine, it's not going anywhere!
    I clearly still have mine. It will have to be prized from my cold, dead hands. 

Which is why I haven't told my daughter or Mrs Returns how much it should sell for. Don't want them getting ideas! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    terada said:
    I clearly still have mine. It will have to be prized from my cold, dead hands. 

Which is why I haven't told my daughter or Mrs Returns how much it should sell for. Don't want them getting ideas! 
    Mine is my #1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Still have mine. Still toying with the idea of adding a Bigsby to it!
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Whitecat said:
    I've gotta see that when it's done. Balls of steel!

Whitecat said:
    Love a good bigsby I do. I even actually use it on my guitar that has one
    Whitecat said:
    I'll probably go the Vibramate route... just seems to make more sense on a lot of levels... but the whole rig to do it is still gonna run over £250 and there are some pedals I want first... :)
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    Whitecat said:
    I added one to an R6 a while ago using the vibramate adapter. Whilst it looked cool they sit too high because of it and it just got in the way. Took it off in the end.

Rob
    Ossyrocks said:
    Whitecat said:
    I added one to an R6 a while ago using the vibramate adapter. Whilst it looked cool they sit too high because of it and it just got in the way. Took it off in the end.

Rob
    Have read that the additional height improves the break angle though which is a good thing...? I've got a Telecaster with a Bigsby so I know what it's like to not be able to easily deal with the control knobs while the arm is in play. :)

Either way, not 100% sure I'm gonna do it, I love the guitar anyway as it is, but I've always wanted a Les Paul with a Bigbsy and a fat neck...
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    edited February 2019
    Ossyrocks said:
    Whitecat said:

Rob
    I’ve had bad experiences with a vibramate. On my old ES335 it left a slight impression on the finish. On my Les Paul the stability relies on the strap button which I didn’t like. The strap button started to lean after a while and it felt too unstable so I took it off. 
    hyperben said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    Whitecat said:

Rob
    I’ve had bad experiences with a vibramate. On my old ES335 it left a slight impression on the finish. On my Les Paul the stability relies on the strap button which I didn’t like. The strap button started to lean after a while and it felt too unstable so I took it off. 
    Vibramate robbed my SG of a lot of its sustain and ruined the sound a bit.  I reckon you've got to drill it personally
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LebondLebond Frets: 13
    Have put in quite a few hours with mine, the binding on the neck has started to go pink and the nickle hardware is starting to show slight signes or aging already...looks cool as
    Anyone keeping their 2017 R8 on a stand? Looking at Hercules but want to be totally sure it's not going to burn the nitro
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    I kept my 99 Standard on a Hercules stand and that was fine. Can't comment on the VOS finish ones but sure it's fine

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • roberty said:
    Anyone keeping their 2017 R8 on a stand? Looking at Hercules but want to be totally sure it's not going to burn the nitro
    Mine are all on Hercules wall hangers and no issues at all with VOS finish 
  • roberty said:
    My R9 lives on a Hercules stand - guitars in cases don't get played :/ 

Not had any grief in terms of the finish from the stand, or the Souldier strap that's permanently on because I can't be dealing with Grolsch washers on and off. If you really want to baby the guitar though, either an old pure cotton t-shirt or pure cotton bandages and wrap any contact points.

I pretty much just keep a dedicated dusting cloth and some Gibson Pump polish for cleaning bits after I'm done playing, usually the neck which still gets a bit sticky. Otherwise I've got one of the Music Nomad dusting tools for keeping bits of dust and grime off now and then. I tend to be more of a cleaning/caring for my own convenience type of guy though...instruments get played, instruments get dirt and sweat on them, instruments get the odd ding or crack.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Cool thanks all. I've been doing a bit of tracking at home and need somewhere to park it in between takes. I've seen burn marks up close on Gibson guitars, it's not pretty :-/ 
    roberty said:
    Cool thanks all. I've been doing a bit of tracking at home and need somewhere to park it in between takes. I've seen burn marks up close on Gibson guitars, it's not pretty :-/ 
    Just to add another reassuring comment, I've had mine on Hercules wall hangers or stands with zero issues. 
    Who's LOLling me?! Is it a PRS owner?
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    roberty said:
    I think this thread has attracted a phantom lol'er or two. I've notice it quite a bit.
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Twinfan said:
    terada said:
    Twinfan said:
    Twinfan said:
    They're great guitars, but I've moved on both my R9s and my R8.  I'm just not an LP guy, as I always knew but was ignoring.
    Out of interest, how much did that experiment cost you? 
    A couple of hundred quid on the R8, and the R9s were part-ex'd on a really good deal so I don't know for sure. I would guess at a broadly similar amount on them too.
    Plus you had all the fun of the 'Great R8 Rush of 2018'. 

Pretty cheap when you think about the months of entertainment.
    I've lost way more in the past on other guitars, and part of the journey is trying stuff out.

I'm done with trying stuff now, I'm sticking to what's very specific stuff I know I like!
    Only just seen this.  Can't say I'm at all surprised!  :D
    terada said:
    roberty said:
    I think this thread has attracted a phantom lol'er or two. I've notice it quite a bit.
    Some people are sad! (not us, obviously)
  • Did Peach ever do that black over sunburst Custom run on the cheap, after?

No that never came off in the end 
    terada said:
    roberty said:
    4 so far ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    No that never came off in the end 
    Very disappointing, I'd have liked one.

• johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    GAK did blow those out towards the end of last year. They were pretty unimpressive guitars. One of the guys there (who has never steered me wrong) said he'd feel bad selling me one. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter