Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    Dmantsio said:

The hardest thing is I can’t take it home , my wife will kill me 
    Do you want to leave it at mine? 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dmantsio said:
    I guess that being willing to overlook damage like that because they managed to make the neck straight is a typical side-effect of drinking the Gibson Kool-Aid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dmantsio said:
    I guess that being willing to overlook damage like that because they managed to make the neck straight is a typical side-effect of drinking the Gibson Kool-Aid.
    is this a reason to return it guys?? any input is appreciated
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 459
    Personally that’d bother me no matter what price the guitar but only you can decide. Depending on how deep they are id expect they can be sorted during a refret. Lot of expense & until then you’ll have to live with it and it may make it harder to sell on if you wanted/had to do so. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Can’t believe Peach let that pass tbh. Unless they did it..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dmantsio said:
    is this a reason to return it guys?? any input is appreciated
    This is a guitar costing £2,500 - two-thousand, five-hundred pounds. Personally, I wouldn't be happy to accept that much damage on a two-hundred pound Harley Benton.  I'm not trying to be a Gibson hater or wee on your parade, but I don't see how that can be acceptable on such an expensive guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • did others encounter the same problem or am i just so unlucky??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    Personally, that would bother me quite a lot. My 2017 Tribute Les Paul has none of that...

I find the more I spent, the more I expect the QC to be top notch. If it isn't, they will know about it because I'll reject it. 
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    I'd sent it back - if it bothers you now it'll only bother you more with time. Certainly the fretboard on my VOS doesn't look like that (although there were some small chips out of the binding).
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    @Dmantsio ; There have been others with similar fretboard issues from these blowout R8's. Someone else posted similar pics earlier in the thread. I thought that the ones with issues were all from Guitar Guitar, as they seemed to have less strict quality control than Peach and Coda who did send quite a few back to Gibson.

Personally, I wouldn't live with the one you have

I bought two of these R8's from Peach and neither of them have any marks on the fretboard, in fact they are very very good indeed.

It's your call though.

Rob.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Phone John up at Peach I'm sure he'd offer any assistance he can for you.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Ossyrocks said:
    @Dmantsio ; There have been others with similar fretboard issues from these blowout R8's. Someone else posted similar pics earlier in the thread. I thought that the ones with issues were all from Guitar Guitar, as they seemed to have less strict quality control than Peach and Coda who did send quite a few back to Gibson.

Personally, I wouldn't live with the one you have

I bought two of these R8's from Peach and neither of them have any marks on the fretboard, in fact they are very very good indeed.

It's your call though.

Rob.

at first i was very happy receiving it but now looking at those marks..... what the return policy with peach? I alrerady emailed of course and waiting for an answer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Phone them up mate, you'll get a solution quicker that way. 

• Boromedic said:
    i live in another country , so i first tried to send an email see what they have to say
    Ahhhh, sorry dude didn't realise. That might complicate the returns a tad, hope you get sorted. 

• skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    Dmantsio said:
    Boromedic said:
    i live in another country , so i first tried to send an email see what they have to say
    This is not difficult, you call them and send pics, they will refund money.
  • Hi @Dmantsio,

Will from Peach here, we'll drop you a line right away and present as many options as possible to look after you and get your situation sorted satisfactorily. All the best!
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • That's kind of odd marking...plek machine gone mad? Or does the custom shop use Pleks?
  • That's kind of odd marking...plek machine gone mad? Or does the custom shop use Pleks?
    Someone suggested from sloppy fret filing 
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    I suspect those are marks from being Plek'd - something very similar here:

http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/rough-fretboard.227969/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yeah - looks too regular to be made by a person. I can't see any evidence of those kinds of marks on my 2016 Std though, which I assume was also plek'd. Someone must have set the parameters incorrectly, or maybe the machine needed servicing.

It's a bit shit for such an expensive guitar but I suppose it doesn't affect playability.
  • Dmantsio said:
    R8 landed today. This is my second Gibson , first being a 2010 r9 . Had to make the unboxing in my veterinary office  
    Typical. Bloody vets and their bloody custom shop Gibsons...what a cliche!
    (from a PRS owner)
     =) 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Peach offfered to fix it or give my money back. Do you believe such a damage can be repaired to the point where its invisible?
  • Tricky one - I know from personal experience that setting out on a path to find a completely perfect Gibson is a short way to madness.

I would personally not be keen on having it repaired - they would have to sand off a fair amount of fretboard and I'd be concerned they might not do it evenly or that it would affect the binding. Unless they use a filler? Dunno.

Do you have damage to the block inlays? I see some on the other example above.

I think it might partially wear away over time - but you'd probably always see some.
    If you are happy the guitar with the exception of only this issue then I’d let them sort it out for you. I think it can be done & it appears they’re confident of sorting it out so let them is my advice. If for any reason it doesn’t work then get your money back.

Not like you’re in a rush to get the guitar home and impress the wife worth your new purchase is it
  • Fifty9 said:
    If you are happy the guitar with the exception of only this issue then I’d let them sort it out for you. I think it can be done & it appears they’re confident of sorting it out so let them is my advice. If for any reason it doesn’t work then get your money back.

Not like you’re in a rush to get the guitar home and impress the wife worth your new purchase is it
    HAHAHAH yes thats right im not in a harry now, besides it was a gift to my son and he has his name day today so now that its gone i dont mind waiting
  • mortmort Frets: 709
    Will the 'fix' option mean the guitar is shipped back to the UK from Greece and then back again? :o
  • DmantsioDmantsio Frets: 17
    edited January 2019
    mort said:
    Will the 'fix' option mean the guitar is shipped back to the UK from Greece and then back again? o
    ooooohhh yes. its already been packed and waiting for the courier
    Makes me sad for all the trouble and expense im putting the store in , im really not that kind of person , but as others have stated its a new guitar and it seems as someone wanted to hurt this fretboard 
    Im also noticing cracks on the binding over the dots but it doesnt show in the pictures 
  • mortmort Frets: 709
    So you are definitely going down the 'fix' route rather than refund?  You might want to ask if they have any returns coming in and swap it out?