Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• LebondLebond Frets: 13
    tomajoha said:
    87222 no filter needed - apologies for the floral sofa

Beautiful looking guitar, I bet it sounds as good as it looks
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    terada said:
    Lebond said:
    @terada well happy with it mate!

It looks different/better in person than on the pictures, the finish is flawless with a nice dark rosewood fretboard.  The neck thickness is quite thin for a '59 which is perfect for me.

I was a bit worried that it might be too heavy being one of the more heavy ones but it doesn't feel heavy at all.

Most importantly it plays and sounds great, even unplugged the notes ring out clearly when playing chords.

If I had enough funds I'd have bought 2 of them

Great news - glad its everything you wanted!

These are really great guitars, in a few years I think we'll all be pretty pleased getting them for this price.

Thanks Terada, I hope yours is everything you are looking for also.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    Dmantsio said:
    8luesman said:
    Dmantsio said:

Congrats man, hope mine looks like that , I will be more than happy 
    Fingers crossed for you mate!  Let me know what you think when you get yours!

I just pulled the trigger on 871297 .Not flamey at all but it was the lightest of the batch. Were you the first in line for the lemons?
    How light was it?
    8lbs 7oz
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    Dmantsio said:
    8luesman said:
    Dmantsio said:

Congrats man, hope mine looks like that , I will be more than happy 
    Fingers crossed for you mate!  Let me know what you think when you get yours!

I just pulled the trigger on 871297 .Not flamey at all but it was the lightest of the batch. Were you the first in line for the lemons?
    How light was it?
    8 lbs 7.5oz
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3674
    It seems to be picking up mass by the second.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited January 2019
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rjbirrjbir Frets: 16
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Lebond said:
    Stunning. I remember seeing that one in the list and thinking it looked great, you're pics have more than confirmed it - looks better than in the peach pic to me. Congrats
    Thanks Terada.  I was slightly nervous waiting for it to arrive wondering what it looked like in the flesh.  It's not easy to capture the whole vibe of a guitar by a couple of pictures, but was pleasantly surprised as soon as I opened the case.

When is yours due to arrive ?
    Lebond said:
    Thanks Terada.  I was slightly nervous waiting for it to arrive wondering what it looked like in the flesh.  It's not easy to capture the whole vibe of a guitar by a couple of pictures, but was pleasantly surprised as soon as I opened the case.

I've been away so have had to postpone picking it up. Hopefully I'll get it in a couple of weeks :o
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    Lebond said:

I've been away so have had to postpone picking it up. Hopefully I'll get it in a couple of weeks :o
    That’s a shame. If only you had another to play in the meantime ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    terada said:
    Lebond said:

Oh no! I'm sure it will be worth the wait though
    terada said:
    Lebond said:

That’s a shame. If only you had another to play in the meantime ;)
    Proper genuine lol from me. 

Lebond said:
    terada said:
    Lebond said:

Oh no! I'm sure it will be worth the wait though
    They've all been worth the wait so far ;) (I appear to be something of a serial R8'er)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    How many R8s have you got Terada ?
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4108
    edited January 2019
    Lebond said:
    How many R8s have you got Terada ?
    It’s easier to tell you which models he doesn’t own   :o

Guy’s a local legend around these parts 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited January 2019
    Cool! Looking forward to hearing about them 
    Lebond said:
    Cool! Looking forward to hearing about them 
    Lets just say its been a long long thread, with many twists, turns and R8s ;)
    I've been following the thread on and off since last August, I'm guessing that you're on number 3
    Lebond said:
    I've been following the thread on and off since last August, I'm guessing that you're on number 3
    Ha! Its been a real ride this thread, great fun. You're pretty much there, although only 2 2017s at the moment, an R8 and a R9. 

shed loads have been through my hands though.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited January 2019
    Just one tobacco left, and it looks good...

@fortheloveofguitar ;)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    terada said:

@fortheloveofguitar ;)

Yeah, that’s sweet... surprised it’s still there at all. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    It’s still there because it’s Tobacco and looks like a Tokai tbh ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    For balance in relation to another thread, and this includes myself. You're all a pack of dentist wannabes yer R8 freaks! ;) Hahaha

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    sweepy said:
    It’s still there because it’s Tobacco and looks like a Tokai tbh ;)
    for shame ;) :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:

@fortheloveofguitar ;)

I would have already bought it but the colour mismatch on the join bugs. Must be the same for others too otherwise it would already be gone 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    terada said:

@fortheloveofguitar ;)

I would have already bought it but the colour mismatch on the join bugs. Must be the same for others too otherwise it would already be gone 
    Yes shame about that as its got a lovely dark RW board.
    The mismatch is vintage accurate though... definitely makes it look like an older guitar...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited January 2019
    Aaaand it’s gone (not to me!)
  • For £2500 it needs to be right and I’d always be looking at it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    For £2500 it needs to be right and I’d always be looking at it 
    This