Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• 8luesman said:
     Now that is tasty. Congrats on bagging a belter 
    Than you very much!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 8luesman said:
    8luesman said:
     Now that is tasty. Congrats on bagging a belter 
    Than you very much!
    Congrats man, hope mine looks like that , I will be more than happy 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dmantsio said:

Congrats man, hope mine looks like that , I will be more than happy 
    Fingers crossed for you mate!  Let me know what you think when you get yours!
  • rjbirrjbir Frets: 16
    8luesman said:
    Very nice, congrats and I love it without the pickup covers.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    8luesman said:
    That is gorgeous. What was the weight?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    8luesman said:
    That's awesome, I love that you've made it your own. Congrats on the new guitar, if it's anything like mine you'll be very pleased
  • 8luesman8luesman Frets: 11
    edited January 2019
    rjbir said:
    Very nice, congrats and I love it without the pickup covers.
    Cheers!  I've always liked the uncovered look against the lemon finish so it had to be done haha.

terada said:
    Thank you!  It was 9lb 3oz but actually feels lighter.  I have an 8lb 4oz CS and there's not much in it.

roberty said
    That's awesome, I love that you've made it your own. Congrats on the new guitar, if it's anything like mine you'll be very pleased
    Much appreciated.  Did you go for the dirty lemon too?
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Lovely score @8luesman , is it one of the gloss ones? 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    Boromedic said:
    Lovely score @8luesman , is it one of the gloss ones? 
    Yep - shiny hardware is the easy giveaway  :)
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    edited January 2019
    Cool, I never thought of that! Is this the first one in the wild then? You work first 8luesman, pickup covers off straight away!

If it sounds at least half as lovely as mine then it's a keeper!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

8luesman said:

roberty said
    I got an Iced Tea VOS from the first batch, now with double creams
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Boromedic said:
    Cool, I never thought of that! Is this the first one in the wild then? You work first 8luesman, pickup covers off straight away!

If it sounds at least half as lovely as mine then it's a keeper!
    Yeah I knew what I was after and like an excited child I had to just get it how I wanted it ASAP haha

roberty said:
    8luesman said:

roberty said
    Nice! I bet that looks cool. I was worried I wouldn’t have double blacks but took the chance. 
    8luesman said:

roberty said:
    8luesman said:

roberty said
    Nice! I bet that looks cool. I was worried I wouldn’t have double blacks but took the chance. 
    There's a photo on page 138 :-)
  • LebondLebond Frets: 13
    8luesman said:
      Nice looking guitar 8luesman

Looks great with the covers removed
  • Lebond said

Thank you Lebond!! I’m glad it’s not just me that likes them removed. My other one has the covers left on so nice to have something different and “Stripe” inspired. 
  • 8luesman said:
    Lebond said

Thank you Lebond!! I’m glad it’s not just me that likes them removed. My other one has the covers left on so nice to have something different and “Stripe” inspired. 
    My R8 vos has zebra pups. Suhr DA and Dimarzio 36th anniversary 

Couldn’t get on with the Custom buckers
    8luesman said:

terada said:
    Thank you!  It was 9lb 3oz but actually feels lighter.  I have an 8lb 4oz CS and there's not much in it.

Nice, really like how you've made it your own already. Great work.

Out of interest, what was the weight range of the ones you chose between?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    @8luesman , nice, congrats
  • My R8 vos has zebra pups. Suhr DA and Dimarzio 36th anniversary 

Really? What didn’t you like & I take it what you ended up with sorted the issues?

Out of interest, what was the weight range of the ones you chose between - I think from memory 8lb 2oz to 9lb 4oz.

skikdi53 said:
    nice, congrats - thank you mate!
    I didn't like the Custom Buckers in my R9, they were incredibly weak sounding.  They read OK DC wise so I suspect the magnets were super low in charge.  I've got SD Slash pickups in there now which are great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 8luesman said:
    My R8 vos has zebra pups. Suhr DA and Dimarzio 36th anniversary 

Really? What didn’t you like & I take it what you ended up with sorted the problem 
    I found although they had enough power they had so much top end it was ice pick like and very thin 
    8luesman said:

Out of interest, what was the weight range of the ones you chose between - I think from memory 8lb 2oz to 9lb 4oz.
    Thanks, from the cherrys I saw they were between 8lb 5oz and 9lb 3oz
    Pretty much the range for most R8/R9/R0s, exactly what I would expect.
    Twinfan said:
    Pretty much the range for most R8/R9/R0s, exactly what I would expect.
    Yep, no bonkers outliers so far. 
    terada said:
    8luesman said:

terada said:

@terada what is the weight of the Washed Cherry you have chosen?

When I was looking at them they ranged from 8lb 5oz to 9lb 2.5oz

I've gone for one of the heavier ones at 9lb 1.5oz
    Lebond said:
    terada said:
    8luesman said:

terada said:

I went for one at the lighter end, 8lb 8oz. when I looked there was a stonkingly beautiful one that weighed in at 8lb 15.5oz. A proper stunner, but the weight makes a difference for me. 
    edited January 2019
    terada said:
    Lebond said:
    terada said:
    8luesman said:

terada said:

I went for one at the lighter end, 8lb 8oz. when I looked there was a stonkingly beautiful one that weighed in at 8lb 15.5oz. A proper stunner, but the weight makes a difference for me. 
    Excellent!  I've got a R9 that's just under 8lbs so thought I'd go for one of the heavier ones.
    Lebond said:
    terada said:
    Lebond said:
    terada said:
    8luesman said:

terada said:

Excellent!  I've got a R9 that's just under 8lbs so thought I'd go for one of the heavier ones.
    87114?
  • Are there any other photos from the incoming 58s ?
    edited January 2019

Excellent!  I've got a R9 that's just under 8lbs so thought I'd go for ones.
    87114?
    That's the one, can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Did you go for one of the flamey ones?