Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
    edited January 2019
    terada said:
    Just one tobacco left, and it looks good...

@fortheloveofguitar 

I would have already bought it but the colour mismatch on the join bugs. Must be the same for others too otherwise it would already be gone 
    It would bug me as well but I suspect that it looks different at other angles, just as the flame tops alter with the viewing angle and it’s just Peach rushing with so many to photograph that they didn’t get the best angle.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    The R8 thread was one of the reasons I had a custom build ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • John_P said:
    terada said:
    Just one tobacco left, and it looks good...

@fortheloveofguitar 

I would have already bought it but the colour mismatch on the join bugs. Must be the same for others too otherwise it would already be gone 
    It would bug me as well but I suspect that it looks different at other angles, just as the flame tops alter with the viewing angle and it’s just Peach rushing with so many to photograph that they didn’t get the best angle.  
    I saw the original iPhone shots before the studio pics from a couple of angles and it actually looked worse 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    So that's it then, all gone? The end, never to be repeated
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    roberty said:
    I’m quite relieved. The temptation to buy another was strong, but I resisted.

Lets see some pics of the new bunch!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    roberty said:
    Not over yet.  There will be some returns.  @Ossyrocks ought to avoid the Peach website for a couple of weeks.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LebondLebond Frets: 13
    terada said:
    Lebond said:
    I've been following the thread on and off since last August, I'm guessing that you're on number 3
    Ha! Its been a real ride this thread, great fun. You're pretty much there, although only 2 2017s at the moment, an R8 and a R9. 

shed loads have been through my hands though.
    Awesome! Been through quite a few myself and currently have 3 custom shop les pauls.

I'd like to say I'm done buying them but know I'd just be kidding myself lol
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ossyrocks said:
    roberty said:

I would have snapped that one up if it hadn’t been for the colour discrepancy on the top 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ossyrocks said:
    roberty said:

I would have snapped that one up if it hadn’t been for the colour discrepancy on the top 
    I believe it adds character , if you ever become famous you can call it “two face”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Dmantsio said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    roberty said:

I believe it adds character , if you ever become famous you can call it “two face”
    That’s right - and Gibson Custom would later be forced to duplicate the look on every edition of your signature Collector’s Choice model...
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    But if it doesn't do it for you, you'll only end up moving it on. I think @Fortheloveofguitar has made the right choice on this one - and that's coming from me :o ;)
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    My superlight R8 is a "two-face" - I'd much rather have something with character  :)
  • DmantsioDmantsio Frets: 17
    edited January 2019
    Twinfan said:
    My superlight R8 is a "two-face" - I'd much rather have something with character 
    What’s your serial ??? If of course it was from this batch 
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    It was from the previous batch, the last of the VOS models  :)
  • rjbirrjbir Frets: 16
    edited January 2019
    Has anyone got any pics of newly acquired Dirty Lemons?

I need some pics to whet my appetite in advance of my new arrival...
  • rjbir said:

im curious to see too, mine was posted yesterday....
  • Dmantsio said:
    rjbir said:

im curious to see too, mine was posted yesterday....
    Only seen mine from page 140 links so far.  Would also like to see other photos other than the Peach ones they sent out.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Done a lot of recording the past few weeks but had my first rehearsal last night with the new pups. Bloody perfect. Can't stress how much I love this guitar
  • jotafkjotafk Frets: 15
    edited January 2019

rjbir said:

I did not buy a Dirty Lemon but can share some pics of my Faded Tobacco, man what a guitar...

I just can´t put it down...
    0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    That's lovely. I'm now thinking I should have got a tobacco to go with my dirty lemon....
  • My dirty lemon is arriving tomorrow! 
    Just noticed there's a dirty lemon one back up on Peach!
  • LebondLebond Frets: 13
    Very nice looking guitar jotafk congrats
    Must have sold as search won’t find it 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    jotafk said:

rjbir said:

I did not buy a Dirty Lemon but can share some pics of my Faded Tobacco, man what a guitar...

All I have to say is...

Phwoar!
    Must have sold as search won’t find it 
    It was there! That went super quick!
  • jotafk said:

rjbir said:

WOW it’s gorgeous 
  • rjbirrjbir Frets: 16
    That’s a beauty 
    edited January 2019

johnl said:
    That's lovely. I'm now thinking I should have got a tobacco to go with my dirty lemon....
    Lebond said:
    terada said:

All I have to say is...

Phwoar!
    Dmantsio said:

WOW it’s gorgeous 
    rjbir said:
    That’s a beauty 

It certainly looks great.

And the best part is that it even sounds better!!

I am really digging the finish and paint job. It has quite a bit more red than previous Tobacco Sunbursts I´ve owned and it sometimes looks like a Bourbon Burst/Dark Burst, with just a hint of the final black usually seen on Tobacco Bursts. 

• jotafk said:
    johnl said:
    Lebond said:
    terada said:

All I have to say is...

Phwoar!
    Dmantsio said:

WOW it’s gorgeous 
    rjbir said:
    That’s a beauty 

It certainly looks great.

And the best part is that it even sounds better!!

I am really digging the finish and paint job. It has quite a bit more red than previous Tobacco Sunbursts I´ve owned and it sometimes looks like a Bourbon Burst/Dark Burst, with just a hint of the final black usually seen on Tobacco Bursts. 

What size is the neck ??