Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• Dmantsio said:
    ...its already been packed and waiting for the courier Makes me sad for all the trouble and expense im putting the store in , im really not that kind of person , but as others have stated its a new guitar and it seems as someone wanted to hurt this fretboard  Im also noticing cracks on the binding over the dots but it doesnt show in the pictures 
    I wouldn't beat yourself about returning it. If the guitar had been properly checked over before been sent out, then those marks would have been picked up, and then they could have pointed them out to you or they could have done something to fix them before dispatch. If they were noticed and the guitar was sent out regardless, well...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • i had to return it either way 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I'd say that's reasonable grounds for returning a £2.5k guitar.  Someone else will have it I'm sure, the demand is there
  • Thread death? No! 

It's been a while, and a NAD means another chance to snap gratuitous R8 pics! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    I’ve had a day “working from home” today, so I spent a good hour with my washed cherry R8 this afternoon. Every time I pick one of them up I’m still surprised just how good they are. 

I have even been contemplating picking up another from a forum member here........... THREE? Hmmm

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ossyrocks said:
    I’ve had a day “working from home” today, so I spent a good hour with my washed cherry R8 this afternoon. Every time I pick one of them up I’m still surprised just how good they are. 

I have even been contemplating picking up another from a forum member here........... THREE? Hmmm

To put that mathematically...

3R(24) 

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited February 2019
    Thread death? No! 

Beautiful! 

In a minute of madness I decided against the recent gloss R8 I had reserved, my current guitars are too good. 

Completely out of character. Perhaps I've grown wiser in 2019?
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    Thread death? No! 

Beautiful! 

In a minute of madness I decided against the recent gloss R8 I had reserved, my current guitars are too good. 

Boys never grow up. They just get bigger.

I'm sure you'll be right as rain in a couple of weeks, and will splash out on an R0 or something 

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    They're great guitars, but I've moved on both my R9s and my R8.  I'm just not an LP guy, as I always knew but was ignoring.

Enjoy them guys - they're superb value for money  :)
    5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    Thread death? No! 

Beautiful! 

In a minute of madness I decided against the recent gloss R8 I had reserved
    My stomach turned when I read this.

You’ve changed, what’s happening to you. Hope it’s not contagious or this thread is dead 
    terada said:
    Thread death? No! 

Beautiful! 

Boys never grow up. They just get bigger.

I'm sure you'll be right as rain in a couple of weeks, and will splash out on an R0 or something 
    terada said:
    Thread death? No! 

Beautiful! 

In a minute of madness I decided against the recent gloss R8 I had reserved
    My stomach turned when I read this.

You’ve changed, what’s happening to you. Hope it’s not contagious or this thread is dead 

Its especially weird as it was this one. Not exactly ugly and 8.5 lbs :o 

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Fuck me that's nice
  • Twinfan said:
    They're great guitars, but I've moved on both my R9s and my R8.  I'm just not an LP guy, as I always knew but was ignoring.
    Out of interest, how much did that experiment cost you? 
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5307
    edited February 2019
    ...And do you have an accurate weight for all of them please?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    looks alright to me. it is what it is.

wow this thread is still going!
    oh that comment was relevant to page 143. which this isn't.
    edited February 2019
    -unhelpful negative comment deleted-
    Twinfan said:
    A couple of hundred quid on the R8, and the R9s were part-ex'd on a really good deal so I don't know for sure. I would guess at a broadly similar amount on them too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    terada said:
    Just one tobacco left, and it looks good...

@fortheloveofguitar ;)

I would have already bought it but the colour mismatch on the join bugs. Must be the same for others too otherwise it would already be gone 
    I really like that. I guess I'm a non-conformist.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    roberty said:
    Fuck me that's nice
    Yeah it was a difficult decision, but my R9 at under 8lbs has completely changed my expectations for how a les paul should feel.

I knew if I bought it it would just end up in a case while I carried on playing my R9, so as pretty as it is, I had to pass.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited February 2019
    Twinfan said:
    Twinfan said:
    A couple of hundred quid on the R8, and the R9s were part-ex'd on a really good deal so I don't know for sure. I would guess at a broadly similar amount on them too.
    Plus you had all the fun of the 'Great R8 Rush of 2018'. 

Pretty cheap when you think about the months of entertainment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    terada said:
    roberty said:
    Fuck me that's nice
    Yeah it was a difficult decision, but my R9 at under 8lbs has completely changed my expectations for how a les paul should feel.

I knew if I bought it it would just end up in a case while I carried on playing my R9, so as pretty as it is, I had to pass.
    That's fair play. I'm down to just three leccy guitars now, two of them affordable (one was free!). You can only play one of them at a time anyway
    terada said:
    Twinfan said:
    Twinfan said:

I've lost way more in the past on other guitars, and part of the journey is trying stuff out.

I'm done with trying stuff now, I'm sticking to what's very specific stuff I know I like!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    Twinfan said:
    terada said:
    Twinfan said:
    Twinfan said:

I've lost way more in the past on other guitars, and part of the journey is trying stuff out.

I'm done with trying stuff now, I'm sticking to what's very specific stuff I know I like!
    Good luck with that one ;)
    It'll be dead easy, the guitar journey is over for me  :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    Twinfan said:
    Twinfan said:

I was going to say the same, not too bad at all when you got to enjoy three fab Les Pauls for a good while. All part of the great GAS journey.  :)
    edited February 2019
    Exactly, too good an opportunity to not try Les Pauls one last time!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Twinfan said:

I've heard that story before Dave 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    True, I'm older and wiser now though  ;)
  • PablocrackersPablocrackers Frets: 181
    edited February 2019
    Heres my R9 from the guys at Coda this year https://i.imgur.com/BAnF2Fh.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter