Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Whitecat said:
    Scramble thefretboard r8 squadron 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 822
    not the prettiest nor the lightest 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    tomajoha said:
    not the prettiest nor the lightest 
    No need to get personal! :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    edited February 2019
    Whitecat said:
    Bit of an ugly grain line/shadow on the left side of the top on that one, not surprised it went back. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Whitecat said:
    Bit of an ugly grain line/shadow on the left side of the top on that one, not surprised it went back. 
    Thing is that nobody bought any of these blind... somebody had to want it in the first place based on probably those exact same pics. 
  • Hi folks, Will from Peach here.

Just wanted to clarify something about that final cherry that's turned up on the website, that guitar was in the original batch that came in, but had a faulty pickup on arrival. We had to wait for the replacement pickup to be ordered and arrive before it went up for sale, but it hasn't been bought and returned. The couple we did have returned from the run were sold in the shop. 

Sadly this really will be the last one at that price, so this probably marks the end of this epicly long thread. :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    Willhubbs said:

Sadly this really will be the last one at that price, so this probably marks the end of this epicly long thread. :)

Not sure this thread will die yet.  It's going to be like Keef.

Everytime a 2017 R8 or R9 comes up for sale, it will probably get resurrected.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    crunchman said:
    Willhubbs said:

Yep. In the end there’ll be keef, cockroaches and the R8 thread. 

Could be worse
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    terada said:
    crunchman said:
    Willhubbs said:

Yep. In the end there’ll be keef, cockroaches and the R8 thread. 

Could be worse
    Guitarist Magazine have been milking the classic blues/rock, Strat, 335 and 1959 LP vibe for over 30 years now - This thread is barely 6 months old, so I'm sure it can keep going for many more weeks yet

Has any body been back to page 1/2 or 3 yet and started again ???????
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SRichSRich Frets: 751

Right after I re-watch my Sopranos box sets again............ ;)

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    edited April 2019
    So, I just had the washed cherry on the table for a re-string and thought I would just pop the switch ring to see if it was fading. Bearing in mind it’s only about seven months since I got it, It’s been in the case for about half of that time and it’s not exactly been sunny yet. I think there’s a remarkable amount of fading occurred in that time.

I’m not bothered by this, but I reckon if I kept it on a stand in the lounge throughout the summer, it would really go.

Just sayin......

Rob

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Ossyrocks said:
    So, I just had the washed cherry on the table for a re-string and thought I would just pop the switch ring to see if it was fading. Bearing in mind it’s only about seven months since I got it, It’s been in the case for about half of that time and it’s not exactly been sunny yet. I think there’s a remarkable amount of fading occurred in that time.

I’m not bothered by this, but I reckon if I kept it on a stand in the lounge throughout the summer, it would really go.

Just sayin......

Rob

Was the ding from removing the poker chip?
    edited April 2019
    Also...

nothing shall silence the might of the R8 thread!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited April 2019
    terada said:
    Ossyrocks said:

Just sayin......

Rob

Was the ding from removing the poker chip?
    I wouldn’t call that a ding myself, more a finish flake I suppose. It may have been there before, but it is certainly hidden when reassembled. 

This thread has got legs, that’s for sure! I’m thinking of updating it once a year with the latest fading sunburst pics. 

Rob
  • Haz478Haz478 Frets: 64
    Is that down to the dye (can’t remember what it’s called ) they used? Or is that a function of the vos finish? 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
     I've just got a proper LP (not an R8) but I could learn so much from this thread.

For example, I was unaware the poker chip would fit over your knob. Who'd have thought?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 230
    SRich said:

Right after I re-watch my Sopranos box sets again............ ;)
    "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled be back in" :-) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Haz478 said:
    Is that down to the dye (can’t remember what it’s called ) they used? Or is that a function of the vos finish? 
    Aniline dyes, like they used in the 50’s. Ultimately, the red might disappear altogether. The VOS finish is just less polishing really, and semi aged hardware.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5511
    edited April 2019
    Ossyrocks said:
    Haz478 said:
    Aniline dyes, like they used in the 50’s. Ultimately, the red might disappear altogether. The VOS finish is just less polishing really, and semi aged hardware.
    They don't use aniline dyes on the top - only on the back. It won't fade like the old ones did.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    Ossyrocks said:
    Haz478 said:
    Will that not be on standards and traditionals nowadays then???
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    Brize said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    Haz478 said:
    They don't use aniline dyes on the top - only on the back. It won't fade like the old ones did.
    Ok. I thought aniline dyes came back with the 2013 run? 
  • I believe the aniline dye on reissues is just for the back. People tend to get attached to their finish as is.

Vintage wise though, you’d be correct that it’s the fading of the dye. You wouldn’t have something like a lemonburst roll out of the factory - it would end up that way with time once all the cherry dye had faded out.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    The top appear to be fading ^^ but yeah nothing like the back and sides. The neck on mine is going brown and the binding is now a fetching shade of pink all the way up to the heel
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Juanfra3Juanfra3 Frets: 24
    Still in love with my R8 VOS washed cherry 

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    Very nice. Washed Cherry is now my favourite finish on a r8/r9. 
    No flippin way. The thread is back!  :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    This thread is a gem... just like our R8s!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    No flippin way. The thread is back!  :)
    Oh yeah!!!!!

Love my R8 and have since got the Custom shop bug.  Bought an Axcess Les Paul and now have the new Joe Perry Gold rush Les Paul on pre-order 

Having owned a fair few standards the CS guitars are a different league 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    The push to 200 pages starts here
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer