Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    johnl said:
    Hattigol said:
    Peach mentioned a potential deal on the 'colour over sunburst' LPs. No further news on these though??
    GAK have a couple of these at £3.5k at the moment - think they were around £5k originally. Having seen a couple in the flesh they look a bit weird; the wear looks really artificial as there's a layer of clear varnish over the area that has supposedly been worn through to show the colour underneath. 

That's a shame, I think they look pretty nice in the pics...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1013
    So I sold my Peach R8. Couldn’t justify it, due to owning an R7 and R9 also. 

2 days later this pops up for sale, albeit a 2016 R8 not a 2017. Had to take the plunge, the top on this is better than alot (even most) of R9’s I’ve seen. Also has a V2 neck (between R9 and R0) whereas I prefer a bigger neck, but it’s nice to have the difference. 

Family photo before:

https://imgur.com/gallery/R2ispg0

And the new arrival:

https://imgur.com/gallery/xPfh4nZ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Great looking guitar.
    One question... why the combo of top wrap and normal?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Kylef said:

2 days later this pops up for sale, albeit a 2016 R8 not a 2017. Had to take the plunge, the top on this is better than alot (even most) of R9’s I’ve seen. Also has a V2 neck (between R9 and R0) whereas I prefer a bigger neck, but it’s nice to have the difference. 

Family photo before:

And the new arrival:

Lovely looking one that, probably a god move. Out of interest, if you don't mind saying, what did you get for the peach one?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170

2 days later this pops up for sale, albeit a 2016 R8 not a 2017. Had to take the plunge, the top on this is better than alot (even most) of R9’s I’ve seen. 
    Lovely looking one that, probably a god move. 
    He does move in mysterious ways but is he really involved in R8 sales??
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    edited November 2018
    Hattigol said:

2 days later this pops up for sale, albeit a 2016 R8 not a 2017. Had to take the plunge, the top on this is better than alot (even most) of R9’s I’ve seen. 
    Lovely looking one that, probably a god move. 
    He does move in mysterious ways but is he really involved in R8 sales??
    I heard that the haunting mids come directly from the holy ghost ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    mli3 said:
    that was before some twat on here pissed them off and caused john to walk away from the forum
    Flouncing is a choice - nobody can make anybody do it 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    ^ Hardly a flounce if you just silently disengage.

Anyhoo, R8s?

You lot very nearly caught me up in your madness, but time and spreading the cash over a wider area seems to have cured me temporarily.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    Kylef said:

Family photo before:

And the new arrival:

Lovely looking one that, probably a god move. Out of interest, if you don't mind saying, what did you get for the peach one?
    I don’t know what Kyle sold it for, but I was thinking of buying it just before he snagged it on here, and I could have had it for £2k then. Had to remind myself that I don’t really like washed cherry. I think that one’s now on its fourth owner...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 822
    Third I think 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Snags said:

Anyhoo, R8s?

You lot very nearly caught me up in your madness, but time and spreading the cash over a wider area seems to have cured me temporarily.
    I didn't witness it - I just assumed that someone knowing why he left meant that he'd said why he left - no? 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • Hey all!

Have been off the site for a few weeks with some personal issues but pleased to see this thread is still alive and kicking 

Though already the wallet is taking a beating having to lay down a deposit on one of the new peach gloss R8’s 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    That’s the spirit @Fortheloveofguitar ;

what at did you preorder?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Hey all!

Have been off the site for a few weeks with some personal issues but pleased to see this thread is still alive and kicking 

Though already the wallet is taking a beating having to lay down a deposit on one of the new peach gloss R8’s 
    Good one. It’ll just seem like that much more of a bargain when it actually lands!
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4108
    edited November 2018
    terada said:
    That’s the spirit @Fortheloveofguitar ;;

Tobacco

For that classic Joe Perry vibe. What did you go for? 

• Whitecat said:
    Hey all!

Good one. It’ll just seem like that much more of a bargain when it actually lands!

Indeed it’s a few weeks off yet 
    terada said:
    That’s the spirit @Fortheloveofguitar ;;

Tobacco

Cherry
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited November 2018
    terada said:
    terada said:
    That’s the spirit @Fortheloveofguitar ;;;

Tobacco

Cherry
    Ooh I’m surprised at that. Definitely had you down as lemon or ice tea 

I do slightly prefer the VOS but that ship has sailed and I would love a nice tobacco with a good top 
    Yeah I would have gone for one of those, but ended up moving the cherry on as my R8 and R9 lemons were just better all round and I wasn't playing it as much. 

But definitely worth another shot if a nice one comes up! I prefer VOS too, but for the right top I'll compromise ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    Yeah I would have gone for one of those, but ended up moving the cherry on as my R8 and R9 lemons were just better all round and I wasn't playing it as much. 

But definitely worth another shot if a nice one comes up! I prefer VOS too, but for the right top I'll compromise ;)
    Completely agree and I may look towards a lighter weight too 

My only concern is that Tobacco finishes vary greatly depending on the year. Some are black around the edge of the body however some end up looking more of a dark red or bourbon tinge to them and I’d want the black 
    If its any consolation, I played about 4 tobacco R9s from these offers and they were all black edged. Hopefully these will be the same.

Got to say the light ones are something else. I'm not sure it has a huge tone effect, but the way they feel is completely different. My R9 is about 7.9lb and I can kind of throw it around a bit more while playing. Tonally though it is quite similar to my 8.7lb R8. 

Overall though I'd say that balance is more important than weight. At home I play seated, and I find unbalanced ones tend to pivot on my leg and want to fall down to the right. Properly balanced ones don't do this, such as my 9lb R8. It's heavy, but completely solid when played sitting.

edited November 2018
    Double post

• terada said:
    If its any consolation, I played about 4 tobacco R9s from these offers and they were all black edged. Hopefully these will be the same.

Got to say the light ones are something else. I'm not sure it has a huge tone effect, but the way they feel is completely different. My R9 is about 7.9lb and I can kind of throw it around a bit more while playing. Tonally though it is quite similar to my 8.7lb R8. 

Overall though I'd say that balance is more important than weight. At home I play seated, and I find unbalanced ones tend to pivot on my leg and want to fall down to the right. Properly balanced ones don't do this, such as my 9lb R8. It's heavy, but completely solid when played sitting.

That’s positive to hear about the black edges, got my fingers crossed especially with the wait time before I get to see them 

Definitely fancy a lighter one if I can. I love my 8.14IB R8 and my BFG is featherweight compared to it but sounds, feels and plays outstanding 
    edited November 2018
    The Tobaccos seem to be the least popular and there’s still lots of R9 and R0’s kicking around. 

With that said the tops aren’t that impressive on the ones I’ve seen so may be a factor when paying £3499
  • SegoySegoy Frets: 9
    I've just pulled the trigger for tobacco... :) and just wanted to make sure...
    The question for those who grabbed one from the previous batch - do they have long tenon for sure? And the other thing - have they got any mention (in COA for example) that they are limited edition or something like that? Or are they just regular 2017 custom shop R8 models (which officially never existed btw)?
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    Long tenon - yes.

Not a limited edition, just a 2017 Custom Shop Les Paul Standard stated on the COA.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    ^ this, but the hang tag and warranty paperwork say LPR8 HR (historic reissue)
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    edited November 2018
    Fortheloveofguitar said: Definitely fancy a lighter one if I can. I love my 8.14IB R8 and my BFG is featherweight compared to it but sounds, feels and plays outstanding 
    Pedant alert! I think you mean 8lb 14oz ie nearly 9lbs.
    8.14lb would be very light for a Les Paul. 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    TimmyO said:
    Snags said:

Anyhoo, R8s?

I didn't witness it - I just assumed that someone knowing why he left meant that he'd said why he left - no? 
    No. There was a note posted in the admin topic, and then a thread started in Off Topic/BCD (can't remember which, and checking is a pain on the phone), but neither by anyone from Peach or at their instigation as far as I'm aware.

Now, who's buying me an R8 for Christmas?
  • SegoySegoy Frets: 9
    I am :) Just hesitating between one or two :)
    Will they be 2017 as well, as the VOS models or maybe 2018? Any verified informations?