Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2091
    Barnezy said:
    Gloss will have to go cheaper. No one will pay that now they know VOS was sold for the same price. 
    I wouldn’t be so sure about that.
    To be fair they are a bargain regardless. Gibson going bust was the best thing to happen for guitarists with acute gas everywhere! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Barnezy said:
    Gloss will have to go cheaper. No one will pay that now they know VOS was sold for the same price. 
    I wouldn’t be so sure about that.
    Yeah these will go. Anyone looking at Standards would find this incredibly hard to ignore 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Anyway my VOS just went up in value. :) 
  • Barnezy said:
    You have a time machine? ;)

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    Barnezy said:
    I wouldn't be so sure, Clitoris Syndrome has to kick in eventually. 
    Anyway who cares. A lovely well spec’d R8 with an R9 neck for less than a Standard. Unless Gibson has a strategy to devalue its entire range, these are a great deal! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    edited November 2018
    I think gloss and VOS were the same original RRP @Barnezy ;;;;

"NAMM 2017 

Features of what we knew as 2016 Standard and True Historics are being condensed into one single series where all new 2017 Historic Reissue Les Pauls will feature:

– The Carmelita top carve profile
    -  All ’54, ’56, ’57, and ’58 Historic Reissues have ’59 neck profiles
    – All hide-glue construction and nitrocellulose lacquer finishes with aniline dye
    – True Historic parts including pickguard, pickup rings, switch washer, tip, knobs, pickup covers, and jack plate.
    – Historic accurate serial numbers (no “R” at the beginning of the serial)
    – Rolled Fretboard Binding
    – Solid Indian rosewood fretboard
    – Solid one-piece mahogany neck with Historic long neck tenon
    – Holly Headstock Veneer
    – Custombucker Pickups
    - Finishes include Antique Gold, Dirty Lemon (replacing Lemon Burst), Faded Tobacco, Iced Tea, and Washed Cherry

- The street price for 1954 through 1958 Historic Reissue Les Pauls in both Gloss and VOS finishes are $4,699.

- The street price for 1959 through 1960 Historic Reissue Les Pauls in both Gloss and VOS finishes are $6,499."
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    I could see these being potentially cheaper, only because peach originally had the VOS R8's priced above £2.5k and then price matched GG. It would therefore fit that they may be able to sell these lower than their initial advertised price, but would need to be pushed to do so by a rival retailer.

Either way they're a great deal, even though I'm not such a fan of gloss finishes.
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    edited November 2018
    GG have sold nearly all their R9s, over 60 of them I think, plus all the R8s scattered across dealers have gone so demand has been there up to now.

I can see all these selling at £2499 ad there'll be no need to reduce them in price given the deal they represent. I'm sure Peach will be playing the long game here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stevebrumstevebrum Frets: 6759
    Where’s the lost stash of R7’s!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    stevebrum said:
    This is what I’ve been wondering too...
  • hyperben said:
    stevebrum said:
    Don't...the second anything gold with P90s in it appears, I'll be getting another phone call from my account manager at the bank, wanting to know why my music business for kids needs *another* multi thousand pound guitar...

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    edited November 2018
    'the very last batch' hmmm
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    Does anyone else think they smell of Play-Doh? 
    merlin said:
    Maybe you need a new aftershave.
  • merlin said:
    Yep, that’s it. Never thought of if before, but you had me straight there with my nose in the case, and it’s Play-Doh alright.  

The best smelling guitar I’ve had was a 2015 Junior, which was an awesome sweet smell just like Amarula liqueur. Even though it was a weird instrument I can’t help but think I should have kept it just for the smell!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    edited November 2018
    merlin said:
    It's the case, it'll wear off. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    Always reminds me of nougat 
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    "once in a lifetime chance to get R8s at this price" 
    or "last chance to get cheap R8's till next month, when another load hit the streets !"

anyway i love mine so i dont really care
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mli3 said:
    or "last chance to get cheap R8's till next month, when another load hit the streets !"

Yes, they were/ are discounted...but I have a little bit of an issue describing them as "cheap" still :D

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    edited November 2018
    p90fool said:
    merlin said:
    It's the case, it'll wear off. 
    Yes, it is true what you say. However for a small price of £12.99 we can buy from Gibson CS a small pump action spray that will keep the case smelling like play-doh. 

Apparently Peach are having a sale and selling them for £7.99  ;)

DOH! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I really like mine too so it's not a concern, but with another 50+ landing at Peach soon, so presumably many more at other retailers, the market really must become over saturated with new £2499 R8's, and therefor the used market will surely be a nightmare for anyone trying to sell at a decent price.

I wonder what other variations of 2017 custom shop models are sitting in the warehouse waiting to be discounted??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    dbphoto said:
    I really like mine too so it's not a concern, but with another 50+ landing at Peach soon, so presumably many more at other retailers, the market really must become over saturated with new £2499 R8's, and therefor the used market will surely be a nightmare for anyone trying to sell at a decent price.

I wonder what other variations of 2017 custom shop models are sitting in the warehouse waiting to be discounted??
    precisely
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    dbphoto said:

Absolutely.. A lot of LOLs will be disbursed in the Classifieds over the next few months methinks...

Anyway, I imagine that 58s and 59s are the ones they make the most of, hence the overstock... other variants seem much lower in numbers and I wonder if we would have seen them by now. 
    Just noticed this on the Peach site:

'These guitars are currently going through the CITES process and are due to touch down mid December'

So if anyone is thinking about selling theirs then probably best to do it over the next few weeks!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    edited November 2018
    mli3 said:

Yes, they were/ are discounted...but I have a little bit of an issue describing them as "cheap" still D
    I crossed at least two self imposed cost thresholds in buying mine...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 459
    I just want to to know how many @terada ;will end up with...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hyperben said:
    stevebrum said:
    And me! 

I like R8s a lot, but the wavy grain/flame combination ones are way better than plaintops and they're mostly not on offer. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    If goldtops appear, I'll be first in line. Fingers crossed.