Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 430
    Fifty9 said:
    terada said:
    The one on the right is a 2014 iced tea. Its an R8 with an R9 top, still has the fatter R8 neck. The best bit about it is the tone, it sounds much better than it looks  ;)

Now that is awesome
    Agreed, that top is something special!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    Very nice - I'm guessing it wasn't £2499  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited October 2018
    Twinfan said:
    Very nice - I'm guessing it wasn't £2499 
    nope   :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Thanks @terada - that is a fantastic looking guitar! Wow.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    Yeah, the ones with both flame and grain look great...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Twinfan said:
    Yeah, the ones with both flame and grain look great...

Lovely stuff
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    Phwoar

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Ossyrocks said:
    Phwoar

Flippin' eck :o 

Good to have you back in the thread @Ossyrocks . Keep the pics coming!
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    Arktik83 said:
    Fifty9 said:
    terada said:
    The one on the right is a 2014 iced tea. Its an R8 with an R9 top, still has the fatter R8 neck. The best bit about it is the tone, it sounds much better than it looks  ;)

Now that is awesome
    Agreed, that top is something special!
    That is just insanely wonderful......
    When they change the law and allow marriage to guitars, I will have little choice but to steal that from you @terada .....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24595
    terada said:

I tried to keep out of this thread .. it's worse than Brazzers ..... and now I'm thinking which one would I buy .... you only live once ... the one on the far right looks seriously cool as does the second from the left .. and I hate you all .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited October 2018
    Brazzers? is that an online instrument emporium?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3301
    terada said:

I'm a big fan of the one on the left. What colour's that?
    edited October 2018
    Lebarque said:
    terada said:

I'm a big fan of the one on the left. What colour's that?
    That one is a dirty lemon. Technically the same colour as the 2nd from the right, but is actually much darker in tone. 

Here it is reposted in detail from a couple of pages ago

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    terada said:
    andyp said:
    terada said:

I’m not very clued up at all on any of this. But the one on the far right looks absolutely amazing. Definitely my favourite. Nice subtle flame, beautiful “graduation” in the colour, not too dark, not too light and I’m never sure about the cherry bursts. If I can ever afford and justify a full on Les Paul then that’s the sort of one I picture in my head.

What colour is that? Iced Tea?

Never mind the R8....look at the subtle aging on that Celestion Greenback baby!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    andyoz said:
    terada said:
    andyp said:
    terada said:

I’m not very clued up at all on any of this. But the one on the far right looks absolutely amazing. Definitely my favourite. Nice subtle flame, beautiful “graduation” in the colour, not too dark, not too light and I’m never sure about the cherry bursts. If I can ever afford and justify a full on Les Paul then that’s the sort of one I picture in my head.

What colour is that? Iced Tea?

Never mind the R8....look at the subtle aging on that Celestion Greenback baby!
    Only one of the items in the pic can be accurately described as 'Pre Rola'  ;)
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4108
    edited October 2018
    Whitecat said:
    Not another one 

Seems I’m asking too much to get a Dirty Lemon. Always ice tea and Cherry 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Whitecat said:
    Not another one 

You'll get one mate, I thought they had all gone a couple of weeks back then these two turned up:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    terada said:

This photo is exactly the reason I prefer flame over plain. That’s just perfect!
    Whitecat said:
    Not another one 

If these dyes are as historically accurate as Gibson claims then they’re all gonna be Dirty Lemon someday. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Whitecat said:
    Whitecat said:
    Not another one 

If these dyes are as historically accurate as Gibson claims then they’re all gonna be Dirty Lemon someday. 
    They’re not that accurate for realistic fading unfortunately  :/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    hyperben said:
    terada said:

This photo is exactly the reason I prefer flame over plain. That’s just perfect!
    This photo is exactly the reason I prefer plain  over flame. That’s just perfect! :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited October 2018
    mli3 said:
    hyperben said:
    terada said:

This photo is exactly the reason I prefer plain  over flame. That’s just perfect! :-)
    Touché!  
  • Been using my Iced Tea to help me write a new song this week. I swear it's coming way more naturally than previous (unfinished) attempts. 

Just me, headphones, pen and paper, my R8 and a Trio+ 

Wonderfully relaxing! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited October 2018
    Some new shots of the Les Paul family... 

• strat84strat84 Frets: 301
    edited October 2018
    Whitecat said:
    Some new shots of the Les Paul family... on mobile so embedding not gonna work, but here’s an album for now. Will edit this tomorrow when I’m on a real computer...

https://imgur.com/a/Xe5WXee
    My favourite of all the R8 and R9's! Great colour and just the right amount of flame  :)
    strat84 said:
    Whitecat said:
    Some new shots of the Les Paul family... on mobile so embedding not gonna work, but here’s an album for now. Will edit this tomorrow when I’m on a real computer...

https://imgur.com/a/Xe5WXee
    My favourite of all the R8 and R9's! Great colour and just the right amount of flame  :)
    Thanks - mine too - only saw one R9 that made my heart flutter in the same way, and it got scooped up quickly anyway - was pretty stoked to snag this one.
  • Coda one now sold 
    Page two  :'(
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 300
    edited October 2018
    More and more I feel like that:

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter