Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Anyone top wrapping theirs?  Is there enough break angle seeing as the tailpiece is nearly flush anyway?

Probably won't be using factory tailpiece for this: https://darrenriley.com/store/gibson-historic-lightweight-aluminum-tailpiece-nickel-pttp-060/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    So - in my first visit to this thread - are we getting some shiny new looking LPs in this offer now?

Because frankly that interests me far more... :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    The tailpiece on mine is all the way down and there is still plenty of space between the strings and the back of the bridge @roberty ;

So unlike my other Les Paul I cant see a good reason to top wrap really?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    dbphoto said:
    The tailpiece on mine is all the way down and there is still plenty of space between the strings and the back of the bridge @roberty ;

So unlike my other Les Paul I cant see a good reason to top wrap really?
    Faster bends, playing behind the bridge
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Fairy snuff.

Can’t say I have ever noticed any difference really.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I much prefer a gloss finish to VOS - the nickel tarnishes really quickly (like, within weeks if you're gigging) and it's far more convincing than the VOS finish anyway.

I'd be all over one of these if I wasn't sinking all my spare cash into a custom order right now. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1013
    edited November 2018
    What happens when putting a deposit down, do you get a choice from pics or will it just be pot luck?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Kylef said:
    What happens when putting a deposit down, do you get a choice from pics or will it just be pot luck?
    You get to choose from whatever they have left after anyone above you on the list has picked...
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited November 2018
    Whitecat said:
    Kylef said:
    You get to choose from whatever they have left after anyone above you on the list has picked...
    Really fair process. Bravo peach
  • mortmort Frets: 709

Doesn't sound realistic to me. I can understand if there are only a couple of people waiting, but say they get 10 people on the list. How long do they give each person to pick, a day? So they will sit on all the stock for 10 days?

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    mort said:

Doesn't sound realistic to me. I can understand if there are only a couple of people waiting, but say they get 10 people on the list. How long do they give each person to pick, a day? So they will sit on all the stock for 10 days?

Easier on their tech to do it that way...
  • How much of an improvement are these over a recent (3 year old) Standard?
    Peach have three 59’s available right now for £3499

This one looks lovely:

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/gibson-custom-shop-1959-les-paul-standard-vos-faded-tobacco.htm
  • celentium said:
    How much of an improvement are these over a recent (3 year old) Standard?
    I think these are a step up on every level. I had 2013 and 2017 Standards and my R8 is better tone-wise, pickups, weight, looks, shallower (normal) neck break (allows tailpiece to go right down to the body), simpler controls with no faffing... genuinely, it's just better.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks for that Jonathan.

My bank account hates you hehe.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1309
    edited November 2018
    Seen this on Peach's web site?

"...we have just placed an order for the very last batch of Gibson Custom '58 Les Paul's, this time with the gloss finish rather than the VOS. We have over 50 heading our way and we are going to make them available on the same incredible deal as before. Available in 4 classic Gibson finishes, you can get your hands on one for just £2499...".

o 

Wonder what they mean by "the very last batch"?
    The last batch of discounted 2017 models.
    Some clues about the Peach gloss colours

• Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 459
    Must. Resist.
    I *think* I will manage to stop myself buying another R8

But could someone please hurry up and buy this before my willpower gives up and leaves!

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/gibson-custom-shop-1959-les-paul-standard-vos-faded-tobacco.htm
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Resistance is futile. 

I am proof of this
  • LebondLebond Frets: 13
    terada said:
    Resistance is futile. 

I am proof of this
    Agreed, I cracked this morning and pre-ordered one in washed cherry
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1309
    I want to crack.
    My wife will think I am smoking crack if I order another Les Paul.
  • LebondLebond Frets: 13
    How many Les Pauls is too many?
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    Lebond said:
    How many Les Pauls is too many?
    One is too many, ten is never enough. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    pmg said:
    Whitecat said:
    pmg said:
    Thanks @whitecat so essentially the only difference is the vos vs gloss feel/appearance?
    Yes, and I presume that the hardware on the gloss editions is pristine/new. VOS hardware is “slightly aged” in appearance. 
    That will tarnish anyway won’t it?
    Just try to keep in pristine condition - do your utmost to prevent it getting a single blemish. Take care of it, love it, polish it every day. I did that with my lovely shiny Ibanez Jem and then dropped it down the stairs by accident and now it looks really cool. 
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    Peach mentioned a potential deal on the 'colour over sunburst' LPs. No further news on these though??
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    that was before some twat on here pissed them off and caused john to walk away from the forum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    edited November 2018
    Hattigol said:
    Peach mentioned a potential deal on the 'colour over sunburst' LPs. No further news on these though??
    GAK have a couple of these at £3.5k at the moment - think they were around £5k originally. Having seen a couple in the flesh they look a bit weird; the wear looks really artificial as there's a layer of clear varnish over the area that has supposedly been worn through to show the colour underneath.