Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Friday humour - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Friday humour

What's Hot

Comments

• There was a young woman from the Azores 
      Whose fanny was covered in sores 
      The dogs in the street  would lick the green meat
      That hung in festoons round her drawers. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 430
    No more limericks..... for the love of god. Please.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Nice.

There once was a man from Tashkent
    Whose knob was incredibly bent
    His wife had a something..... something mc something
    and something that rhymes with 'her rent'.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Nice.

There once was a man from Tashkent
    Whose knob was incredibly bent
    His wife had a something..... something mc something
    and something that rhymes with 'her rent'.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 430
    Great stuff, slick....
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    There was once a young man named Gandhi
    Who went to the bar for a shandy
    With his great loin cloth
    He wiped off the froth 
    And the barman said “Blimey, that’s handy!”

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    edited September 2023 tFB Trader
    An ambitious young girl from Leeds
    Was good looking with strong sexual needs
    She liked the rich boys
    With very big toys
    So developed the skills to succeed 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Girls from Cambridge learn to punt
    The rich ones like to ride in the hunt
    And once a year
    They like to go queer
    And have a girl lick them where they shouldn't
  • Dav275Dav275 Frets: 256
    There was a young plumber from Leigh
    Who plumbed a young girl by the sea
    Said the girl "Stop your plumbing, there's somebody coming"
    "I know," said the plumber, "it's me"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    Fuck me, give it a rest, we've all stopped bothering to read them now.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    p90fool said:
    that isnt necessarily true
    that claim from p90 fool.
    if you dont want to read them
    be gone all you heathens
    these limericks are bound to ensue
    Dont worry, be silly.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    edited September 2023
    Da da da da da da da da
    Da da da da da da da da 
    Da da da da da 
    Da da da da da 
    Da da da da da da da fuck
  • 1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • All well and good - but why do so many fail to scan?  and not the ones intentionally for the giggle?

• 1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • p90fool said:
    A guitarist named P90fool
    Thought limericks the work of a tool
    They said with a fuck me
    Let's take a break and let’s see
    If we can come up with better by tea
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited September 2023
    A forumite named Stratavarious
    Thought his limerick was quite hilarious
    But it didn't quite scan
    Meaning I'm not a fan
    And mine doesn't rhyme at the end either.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    edited October 2023

• 3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Staying with what sells well in the Motherland

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJvTrmpF/
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    Apologies that I can't work out how to embed an imgur video/gif/thingy, but...

if you're a sucker for the pure and unbridled enthusiasm of a dog, this is well worth a click:

https://imgur.com/gallery/iXD3lxC

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • These limericks are bringing back painful memories of a particularly unsuccessful English lesson I taught a couple of years back. 

• AK99AK99 Frets: 1334
    Poboy said:
    Shrews said:
    Bluddy stoopid micks.
    Hard to tell whether that's a p1ss poor attempt at irony, or something of a different nature altogether.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 1988
    Is it???? Seems fairly obviously aimed at irony I do believe.

Unless I'm even thicker....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1334
    edited October 2023
    Try swopping out Paddy and micks for Mohammed and pakis, Sambo and blacks / Moshie and yids there - see how it reads maybe.

Thought those days were past. It's fkn racist, and deserves to be called out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Why not "Edward" instead. There - fixed it for you. ;)
    "I've got the moobs like Jabba".
  • Sorry AK99, I was being flippant. 

Serious question, much of comedy/ humour is dependent on misunderstanding or on difference of perception, so how in the 21st century should that be conveyed without giving offence? Clearly it is now unacceptable to imply that those of one ethnicity/ race/ nationality or religion, gender or of certain physical characteristics are inherently less intelligent or more prone to misunderstanding or errors of perception than another so where do we go?

An Englishman, an Englishman and another Englishman walk into a bar...?

I'm genuinely interested. Maybe it needs to be in another thread...?
    "I've got the moobs like Jabba".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    Sorry AK99, I was being flippant. 

Serious question, much of comedy/ humour is dependent on misunderstanding or on difference of perception, so how in the 21st century should that be conveyed without giving offence? Clearly it is now unacceptable to imply that those of one ethnicity/ race/ nationality or religion, gender or of certain physical characteristics are inherently less intelligent or more prone to misunderstanding or errors of perception than another so where do we go?

One safe way is to make the joke on you. Eg: I told my wife "my bum hole is really burning, I've no idea what it is". Etc etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    mart said:
    Sorry AK99, I was being flippant. 

One safe way is to make the joke on you. Eg: I told my wife "my bum hole is really burning, I've no idea what it is". Etc etc.

In the case of this joke adding "paddy" to it doesn't really add anything to the humour other than making it slightly racist.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter