Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    roberty said:
    johnl said:
    tony99 said:
    I miss this thread, I think back to that long hazy summer, badly wanting an R8 but holding out until the golds, black beauties and white LP's would pop up at boss gone mad prices

sadly it wasn't to be, they exist, but only in my memories...

I'm sure there were rumours flying around that the customs were going to be next. At the rate Gibson are making friends we can just wait until the next bankruptcy and buy some cheap customs then.....
    Sold my R8 and got a used custom :) it is dinged up so I can leave it lying around lol
    rrr post us a pic Bobby lad go on, just for old times like
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    To bigsby or not to bigsby is very much the question. Have found a couple of examples online that are making me think it's a great idea:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    It looks great and is good fun! I would do it and definitely screw it on a keeper. But, don’t forget it adds quite a lot of weight to the guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    it's a travesty putting one of them on, looks like when Homer Simpson opted out of the work's dental plan and Lisa had to get the cheapo braces
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    2017 R8 on eBay! Non original case but everything else is all there. And at the moment it's at £1895! I'm sure it'll go up a bit but with a non original case it's going to fetch less than it should for a GREAT guitar, so potential bargain for someone.... And it's extremely lightweight too (8lbs 3oz)!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-les-paul-1958-R8-reissue-Custom-shop/264521025902?hash=item3d96ae896e:g:gt8AAOSw0gVdvzgn
    hyperben said:
    2017 R8 on eBay! Non original case but everything else is all there. And at the moment it's at £1895! I'm sure it'll go up a bit but with a non original case it's going to fetch less than it should for a GREAT guitar, so potential bargain for someone.... And it's extremely lightweight too (8lbs 3oz)!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-les-paul-1958-R8-reissue-Custom-shop/264521025902?hash=item3d96ae896e:g:gt8AAOSw0gVdvzgn
    dunno hb, something smells off and it ain't my grundies

spidey senses tingling here...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    Seller has good feedback and sells a LOT of guitars, amps and other gear. Guitar looks lovely, it even looks familiar, look at the grain pattern around the volume knobs. I may have been offered this one from Peach. Bargain for someone! 
  • The thread that will never die.

Hope you're all enjoying your Les Paul's! One of the best things I've ever bought, hands down!

...even though I'm now 15 months into my 36 months interest free period and still paying for the bloody thing!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    If its the original owner not sure why you'd get rid of the original case just to replace it with an equally protective USA one.

Sounds like there more to this than the description and pics present
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    hyperben said:
    It looks great and is good fun! I would do it and definitely screw it on a keeper. But, don’t forget it adds quite a lot of weight to the guitar.
    A B7 is 14oz
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    If its the original owner not sure why you'd get rid of the original case just to replace it with an equally protective USA one.

I find the original case to be a bit flimsy but I wouldn’t sell it if I wanted something sturdier for
    gigging just in case I wanted to move the guitar on. 

Looks like the pickguard has gone walkies too. 

Plus vague mention of “some marks” without more detailed pictures. Not ideal. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    I dunno, seems genuine enough. I think it just shows how little of a shit some folk give, even with £2k plus guitars. I've experienced enough of that before, I mean gigging and associated marks are unavoidable but I'd never lose a scratchplate, yet others really aren't arsed!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    terada said:

I find the original case to be a bit flimsy but I wouldn’t sell it if I wanted something sturdier for
    gigging just in case I wanted to move the guitar on. 

I don’t use the cases either, they’re just bubble wrapped and stored. Whenever they go out of the house I use vintage Gibson chainsaw cases, can’t beat them.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Pickguard is in the case according to the blurb....

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• mortmort Frets: 709
    Well if you don’t fancy this, you could always have this 2015 Standard for £2000  :o

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard/183868487405?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

• I've not posted here for a while, but just thought I'd let you know I still love my R8, and I'm significantly close to paying it off as I only did it over 2 years. 

Had a rare outing with it for a jam last week, as my strat is my goto for gigs due to band makeup. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2091
    edited November 2019
    Love mine. Got it out the other day to play Brothers in Arms, and was reminded how amazing these guitars are.

Bought mine "used" a month after the Peach deal had ended, as I missed out. Paid the same price as the new cost and could not be happier. 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    On one of the facebook groups there's a guy looking to trade his "as new" R8 for a heavy relic strat or a 335 if anyone's interested, he hasn't given much detail tbh.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I've not posted here for a while, but just thought I'd let you know I still love my R8, and I'm significantly close to paying it off as I only did it over 2 years. 

Had a rare outing with it for a jam last week, as my strat is my goto for gigs due to band makeup. 
    It's a beaut mate. Really nice lump of wood
  • mortmort Frets: 709
    hyperben said:

Went for £2245 in the end.
  • Barnezy said:
    Love mine. Got it out the other day to play Brothers in Arms, and was reminded how amazing these guitars are.

Bought mine "used" a month after the Peach deal had ended, as I missed out. Paid the same price as the new cost and could not be happier. 

How do you get the tone for BIA? Nice guitar man.

heads up guys, one of these up on FB at the mo, a lovely dirty lemon, somewhere in northwich wherever that is !! only wants £2250

(no affiliation)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    tony99 said:
    somewhere in northwich wherever that is !!
    Northwich is just north of Middlewich, which in turn is just north of Southwich  Sandbach.

I wonder what happened to Southwich???

(I know this because I lived in Sandbach for many years!)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Few things make me happier than seeing this thread pop up!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 822
    Few things make me sadder 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    TTony said:
    tony99 said:
    Northwich is just north of Middlewich, which in turn is just north of Southwich  Sandbach.

TBH you're just making me want a sandwich
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • tony99 said:
    TTony said:
    tony99 said:

TBH you're just making me want a sandwich
    the craziest thing is that there is a "Leftwich" but no Rightwich, or Eastwich, or Westwich...

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Few things make me happier than seeing this thread pop up!
    We WILL get it to page 200, brothers.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    On the subject of R8s, I've been seeing that the newer factory production Standards are getting good reviews.  Is the difference between these and the R8s still there, or has it largely disappeared?  And should we all have waited and saved our money?