Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    tomajoha said:
    crunchman said:
    terada said:
    LPManic said:
    Well what was the situation with the Peach guitars? In a nutshell? They got a shipment in for cheap and were selling them off? Were they actually decent?
    Abridged version:

Peach, Guitar Guitar and GAK got a load of new R8's and R9's and sold them at used prices.

We bought them all

It was great

Now people have got bored with their shiny toys, and are selling them, and we are still talking about them.
    So as civilised society and the biospehere crumbles around us we will always have this zombie-thread  s

I was about to suggest that you unsubscribe from it, but then realised you started it.  You should be proud of yourself! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 822
    crunchman said:
    tomajoha said:
    crunchman said:
    terada said:
    LPManic said:
    Well what was the situation with the Peach guitars? In a nutshell? They got a shipment in for cheap and were selling them off? Were they actually decent?
    Abridged version:

Peach, Guitar Guitar and GAK got a load of new R8's and R9's and sold them at used prices.

We bought them all

It was great

Now people have got bored with their shiny toys, and are selling them, and we are still talking about them.
    So as civilised society and the biospehere crumbles around us we will always have this zombie-thread  s

I was about to suggest that you unsubscribe from it, but then realised you started it.  You should be proud of yourself! :)
    I was simply the messenger - now riddled with bullet-holes thanks to this thread :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    Hattigol said:
    I messaged him and said that if he could send me a copy of his purchase receipt at £4k, I would buy it straight away. Unfortunately, he has 'just moved house and doesn't know where anything is'.
    Surprising that.
    Come on folks, the thread must live.

Anyway Mr Three R8s on Ebay now seems to have realised that saying he paid £4k for them made him look a bit silly - and a liar. All references to £4k now removed.

All three dropped to £2,300 too. Decent price. The lemon and tobacco do look a bit lovely...

Someone buy one of my guitars so I can get one?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Hattigol said:
    Hattigol said:
    I messaged him and said that if he could send me a copy of his purchase receipt at £4k, I would buy it straight away. Unfortunately, he has 'just moved house and doesn't know where anything is'.
    Surprising that.

Anyway Mr Three R8s on Ebay now seems to have realised that saying he paid £4k for them made him look a bit silly - and a liar. All references to £4k now removed.

All three dropped to £2,300 too. Decent price. The lemon and tobacco do look a bit lovely...

Ooh now he's talking
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 822
    roberty said:
    Hattigol said:
    Hattigol said:
    Surprising that.

Ooh now he's talking
    Maybe it’s just John @ Peach feeling nostalgic  ;)
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2091
    mort said:
    This seller has three 2017 R8s on EBay at the moment, claims to have paid £4K each for them....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/retro_samurai/m.html?item=223921776300&hash=item3422c726ac%3Ag%3AkFAAAOSwhA9eTxyt&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Good price for some great guitars. Absolutely love mine and well worth £2,500 used, regardless of what they cost new. Now £2,300 is even better. 

Least depreciating guitar in history. 

The board on the lemon one looks great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    If cherry is your thing, there's one which has been relisted having failed to sell at £2,099...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264652663568
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Hattigol said:
    If cherry is your thing, there's one which has been relisted having failed to sell at £2,099...

For anyone interested that’s a 2008 though, so different neck profile
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Just had an eBay offer from him as I'm watching them, £2185. Although one of them has now sold for £2300 I think. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    terada said:
    Hattigol said:

thicker?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    Odd to drop so much in just a couple of days. Obviously pretty desperate to sell. 

Could be completely fine but it does make me question how they came about them
    tony99 said:
    terada said:
    Hattigol said:

thicker?
    Much thicker, the typical R8 profile is quite a handful.
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    edited March 2020
    Somebody has bit and bought the lemon one. I hope they paid cash in hand, didn't ask for a refund, and didn't wear a belt.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I looked at the Tobacco one but went for my 1980 birth year Les Paul instead :)
    terada said:
    Odd to drop so much in just a couple of days. Obviously pretty desperate to sell. 

Could be completely fine but it does make me question how they came about them
    Good time to have cash to invest. Hello make the difference back in a day if he's smart. 
  • GarsingGarsing Frets: 21
    Lockdown bump!

I bought this 2017 R8 VOS used from Guitar Village a year ago. Model/Spec-wise I am guessing the same as what Peach Guitars were offering? 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Garsing said:
    Lockdown bump!

I bought this 2017 R8 VOS used from Guitar Village a year ago. Model/Spec-wise I am guessing the same as what Peach Guitars were offering? 

Probably. Did the box sticker say “PSL”?
  • GarsingGarsing Frets: 21
    edited April 2020
    Whitecat said:
    Garsing said:
    Lockdown bump!

No box with mine
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Garsing said:
    Whitecat said:
    Garsing said:
    Lockdown bump!

No box with mine
    Ah right, my brain glossed over the “used” part. Anyway, almost certainly it is anyway - the only other thing I think it could be is an M2M. 
    Viva the R8 thread! 
    Many people still have theirs? Let's see pictures...
    Yep! 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    I bought one of the 59s but sold it after a few months as I realized I don't get on with LPs.  But then bought another Les Paul since then..... so I must have some problem
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011

Thankfully I'm a better guitarist than I am a photographer.....
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Hell yeah, mine is amazing and all yours look lovely too!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    who got the dirty lemon R8's with all the subtle figuring and flamey bits? I feel I need gaze upon their beauty once more...
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Another awful cameraphone photo but mine has "bubbles" instead of flames which I really like: 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    That's lovely @johnl ;