Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The F1 thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 6405
    And we know what the final standings for 2021 would’ve looked like without the points from Belgium…

The point is, if you’re going to start running around cancelling Grand Prix results in their entirety because the race wasn’t conducted properly or one of the participating teams broke the rules, you’re going to need a lot of red ink.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Summer's over and that means Max is going to win again at Zaandvort. But at least the forecast is for it to be shitting down all weekend so it might be interesting ;) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• Summer's over and that means Max is going to win again at Zaandvort. But at least the forecast is for it to be shitting down all weekend so it might be interesting ;) 
    Might sound cruel, but I'd laugh if the only race Max didn't win this year was his home GP!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257

Summer's over and that means Max is going to win again at Zaandvort. But at least the forecast is for it to be shitting down all weekend so it might be interesting ;) 
    Might sound cruel, but I'd laugh if the only race Max didn't win this year was his home GP!
    And that would ruin his attempt at the most wins in a row.

If that happens, ideally by him making a mistake and wrecking the car by crashing into his teammate, I suspect my emotional state will be quite sexual.

I want to see the crowds leaving early because he's out.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

I remember seeing the crowds leaving en masse at Brazil 1994 after Senna spun off while trying to chase down Schumacher in the closing stages.  I thought it was a bit of a disrespectful gesture; I appreciate they were all there to see their national hero win, but it’s a bit nasty to not even hang around for the other drivers.

So I wouldn’t like to see it, but given the past behaviour of Max’s Orange Army it would not surprise me in the slightest.

And that would ruin his attempt at the most wins in a row.

If that happens, ideally by him making a mistake and wrecking the car by crashing into his teammate, I suspect my emotional state will be quite sexual.

I'm honestly tied between this and RB winning every race. The latter largely because it would give phenomenal ammunition against the Lewis-haters/Max-zealots who are convinced Lewis only won because of a great car while Max is winning purely on talent. 
    edited August 2023
    @Cols

If they're playing to standard form they'll be too drunk to know what's going on on-track by the end of the race anyway...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Broken wrist for the unfortunate Ricciardo.  Liam Lawson gets his chance to shine.

I’m sure Perez will be having a celebratory pint this evening…
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Yeah, really shit for DR - absolutely nowhere to go but into the wall or Piastri. Hope he can get mended quickly 
    Cracking last bit of quali, behind Max at least! 
    Anyone else watching? 

Will it rain?

What new and innovative way will Ferrari find to fuck Charles over?

How many laps will Max have on Perez by the end? 

Does Norris stand any chance at all of actually finally getting that first win? 

Could Albon nick a podium given the lack of running and difficulty of overtaking?
    edited August 2023
    Is there any music worse than Dutch EDM? 

What happens if the DJ has a heart attack before the formation lap? 

What is he actually doing other than waving his arms around? 

Is there anything *less rock & roll* than ageing-well-past-rockers doing adverts for HR software?
  • I'm watching, hope it rains! Anything to put a spanner in the works, as there'll probably be next to zero overtaking on this track in the dry.
    Anyone else watching? 

Will it rain?

What new and innovative way will Ferrari find to fuck Charles over?

How many laps will Max have on Perez by the end? 

Does Norris stand any chance at all of actually finally getting that first win? 

Could Albon nick a podium given the lack of running and difficulty of overtaking?
    So... yes (twice); tyres, as usual; who knows; no; no...
    Doesn't matter what you throw at him, Max still gets out in front miles ahead of everyone else...

Will we get the last 9 laps? One of the radio messages suggested rain for 50 mins?
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Just read sime live feed summaries - looks like I missed a fun one 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    Yeah not bad though felt quite long even before the last minute shower and red flag. Behind Max it's actually a really good year...
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    I went to the pub with Our Maud.

Good race apart from the inevitable Verstappen win.  Red Bull lightly shafted Perez by fixing the pit stops to move Max past him, but realistically he was being caught at a frankly embarrassing rate; Verstappen would have caught and passed him in a few laps anyway.  Pit stop shenanigans avoided that embarrassment, and prevented any possibility of Perez deciding that he was in the mood for a bit of robust defending.

Stellar drive from Alonso, who doesn’t look anything like a driver close to the end of his career.  Unlike his hapless teammate.

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 3922
    edited August 2023
    It was one of the better races, definitely one of the best Dutch GPs; I seem to remember the others being very processional.

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, I was very surprised (but not surprised) to see Max escape punishment or even investigation for blatantly pushing Pierre Gasly off the track. Leave a car's width? Nah...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, I was very surprised (but not surprised) to see Max escape punishment or even investigation for blatantly pushing Pierre Gasly off the track. Leave a car's width? Nah...
    I mean be fair - the rules aren't for Max, they're for everyone else...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    Cars 2.jpg 135.9K
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    If only!
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    Hamilton and Russell extend contracts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/66673285
  • goldtop said:
    Hamilton and Russell extend contracts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/66673285
    Gotta be the best driver lineup of any team on the grid. Just hope Merc can put a proper championship challenging car under them in the next couple of years...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I guess it's a bit naive of me to expect it, but I really wish the drivers would just get on and drive without the constant whinging back to the pits. It reminds me of footballers taking a huge tumble if someone's shoelace touches them.

Case in point: Sergio Perez saying George Russell pushed him off the track when the replay showed that he was nowhere near him, and he'd just outbraked himself :/
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

• They always did it. It’s just broadcast now.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    Well, I’m not enjoying Max taking the 10 but credit due. Having the car is one thing, it’s no given thing to rack up the wins. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Well that was a masterclass from Max, again, and a couple of fantastic drives from Sainz and Albon in particular. 

I genuinely hope Max wins every race to the end of the year so I can just screech "It's just the car" every time someone tells me he's the best ever.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    I was SO hoping the Ferraris could fend off Max and get the win but it’s just not going to happen this season is it? As ever the most entertaining bits were further down the order. Very impressed with Albon, he’s making that Williams really fly lately.