Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Introduce Yourself - New Members Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• ChipsterChipster Frets: 4

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Hi I'm Rob  ,Chipster comes from my surname and is one of many nicknames I've had over the years.

Q2:  I'm in Newcastle under Lyme in Staffordshire

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

I love to buy and own guitars and play in a local rock covers band.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Prob my Gibson Les Paul 88 Showcase Edition

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one

Gota be black rose by Lizzy

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @Chipster ;

Hi and welcome to tFB. Hopefully you'll stick around and post threads.
    If you get stuck Admins & Mods are in New Members and you just need to select one and send your message.

:) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Orobas_BCOrobas_BC Frets: 2
    Hi there I'm Chris

My username came from my stage name in my band Blood Church

I'm from Telford Shropshire

I love to own trade and collect guitar gear and bass gear and write and perform in my band.

Best bit of gear is either my Gibson slash appetite Les Paul which I've modded or my sandberg vm5 

Number 1 track varies daily but I would probably say today it's dream on aerosmith 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650
    Orobas_BC said:
    Hi there I'm Chris

My username came from my stage name in my band Blood Church

I'm from Telford Shropshire

I love to own trade and collect guitar gear and bass gear and write and perform in my band.

Best bit of gear is either my Gibson slash appetite Les Paul which I've modded or my sandberg vm5 

Number 1 track varies daily but I would probably say today it's dream on aerosmith 

Welcome! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @Orobas_BC ; Hi and welcome to tFB.

To start a New Thread, you need to click the icon furthest right on the coloured bar at the top where you'll find Home, your username and a bunch of other stuff. 
    Admins & Mods are are listed in New Members, just pick one and send a message if you get stuck.

Enjoy!  
  • Hi everyone, I’m Steve. I’ve used the fret board for a long time to research it never really joined until now! 

It’s just my name and I play guitar

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

I’m in Manchester, UK

I’m a guitarist and mixing engineer, as I’ve gotten older I’m aiming to make more of a living from mixing / engineering 

Ceriatone JM50

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Climbing up the walls - Radiohead 

@Steve_PoppGuitar ; Welcome aboard, young man! "

If you've been lurking awhile, you'll know where everything is. 

Just enjoy :) 
  • DigsbyDigsby Frets: 1
    Belated introduction: Hello, I am Dave.

I took Bigsby (a vibrato I like a lot) and changed the first letter to a D because I am Dave. You probably worked most of that out, though.

Southampton, UK

To get through a song that I wrote the lyrics for without forgetting the lyrics.

Custom shop ‘61 reissue es-335

Crash by the Primitives

@Digsby ; Welcome to tFB.

By "Belated introduction" I assume you're a long-time lurker and won't need telling what's where :)

Enjoy! 
  • DigsbyDigsby Frets: 1
    Define ‘long term’ … but yes, I think so, thanks.
  • dodonadodona Frets: 1

@Q1: Greek
    @Q2: Germany
    @Q3: Rock/Blues/Oriental
    @Q4: '61 Gibson LP, unburst, very vintage look
    @Q5: All along the watchtower by Hendrix
    @dodona ;Hi and welcome to tFB.

If you have any issues with the forum, Admins & Mods are listed in New Members and you just need to send them a PM.

Enjoy :) 
  • WestMarkWestMark Frets: 1
    edited May 2023
    Hello!

My name is mark. I'm from Bristol.

I officially started playing guitar when I was 12, but I quit almost immediately. Decided to give it another bash at 40.  

[Admin edit - Mark says Bristol. His user profile says New York. We know that he’s actually posting from Lagos, Nigeria. He was straight into “My friend is selling exactly what you’re looking for. His email is scammer@gmail.com.]
    @WestMark ; hello and welcome to tFB. 

Here you'll.find many guitarists to help and advise. If you don't know, don't be afraid to ask. 

Enjoy :) 
  • WestMark said:
    Hello!

I officially started playing guitar when I was 12, but I quit almost immediately. Decided to give it another bash at 40.  

[Admin edit - Mark says Bristol. His user profile says New York. We know that he’s actually posting from Lagos, Nigeria. He was straight into “My friend is selling exactly what you’re looking for. His email is scammer@gmail.com.]
    Good spot, I almost emailed but hung fire as it looked suspect - not sure if there's any way of seeing who he PM'd and making them aware, as I only saw this thread by visiting his profile. Cheers admins!
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey Frets: 0
    He pm’d me saying his friend had an EAE Longsword pedal for sale (I had put a WTB post up recently). I haven’t replied as it looks suspicious. 
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Hello, Josh here. My username came from a random XBox username generator. Runners-up were JellyPlatter and ClubWombat.

I'm from Aberdeen in (ocassionally) bonnie Scotland.

To get the sounds in my brain to come out of my fingers/amp. It's a work in progress!

I absolutely love my Strymon Flint. It's like a warm blanket for your guitar that I cannot get a bad sound out of - and that's before I even switch on the lovely tremolo side!

My favourite songs seem to be the ones tied to times I've spent travelling. There is a song by Cat Power called Wish I Was Here that I would play on a roadtrip through the southwest U.S. Playing it again just takes me right back there.
    @MermaidTail ; Welcome to tFB.

If you get stuck, Admins & Mods will help you out (they're in New Members).

Enjoy! :) 
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 761
    WestMark said:
    Hello!

Well done Admins - I got such a PM from him too
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 102
    edited June 2023
    Hi all. Looking forward to chatting. 

It’s probably an unrecommended set of personally identifying information, but nothing that’s not publicly available. 22 was also my first soccer (yep-American) number and followed me around organised sport. 

American ex-Pat here in London for the last 11 years. I’d just say British as I’ve got the passport but my heritage will probably be obvious the more I post anyhow  

I’m a relatively new dad and I’ve just picked up playing again after leaving it behind in my uni days. I want to have instruments and music in the house while my kids grow up, something I never really had. I’d like offer this hobby (or profession) to my children by way of exposure, and maybe have a few jams if they decide to pick it up! 

Currently enroute to me - 1979 Ibanez Iceman IC210 “Triplebucker”

Little Wing. Jimi’s version preferably, but the song lends itself to some great covers. 

@pt22 Hi and welcome to tFB.

Want to start a new thread? Tap the icon furthest right on the coloured bar at the top where you'll see your username. 
    Rules? They're in Help & Feedback and also Off Topic.
    And if you get stuck? Admins & Mods are listed in New Members, just send a message.

• topdog91topdog91 Frets: 15
    Q1:  Where did you username come from? My dog was a top one.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Back in the UK after 13 years in the middle east.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To practice more, to gig more, to jam more, to write "the album".

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I love gear but I'm a reverse snob and there's nothing I couldn't live without. I do love my Mesa Boogie Mark V, it's just too loud for real life.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Well, it's a bit impossible. Um, maybe the first song I remember hearing as a tot, Your Song by Elton John?
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon and Patrick Folk Cedar
    @topdog91 ; Hi and welcome tFB.

To start a new thread you need to click on the icon furthest right on the coloured bar at the top where you'll find your username and a bunch of other stuff. 

The rules are in Help & Feedback and Off Topic - and, if you get stuck, a PM to Admins or Mods will get you help

• Anorak109Anorak109 Frets: 1

Hello! Coming back to playing after a good 10/15 year absence. I've been struggling mentally a lot recently and I wanted to do something to take me out of that for a while and to focus on so.....guitar!

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Ready player one and some random numbers

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? soon to be in the North east - Teeside area

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To be confident and comfortable enough to play in a group

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Taylor 114 acoustic

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? so many but Hallelujah (Jeff Buckley version) is one that always hits right

@Anorak109 ; Hi. You've picked the best guitar forum tFB!

Hope you stick around and join in. 

I'll give you a wis to start you off. You'll see it as Anorak109 followed by "Frets 1" :) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 1.  I was the 2437th cprice to get an AOL email account back in the day.....I ma Clive in real life
      2.  Dorset, UK
      3.  No real ambition - just love to play
      4.  Best bit of gear - my 1978 Yamaha SF1000 but the gear room is full now (maybe just one more guitar?)
      5.  Best Track - impossible to choose, but maybe "Solid Air" by John Martin or "Throw Down the Sword" from Wishbone Ash (the Live Dates recording)

• WafflesOnHorsebackWafflesOnHorseback Frets: 62
    edited July 2023

Q1:  Well most obvious usernames are taken so I was eating some tasty honey-infused waffles as my weekly dessert treat whilst watching the Sopranos episode featuring the horse (Pie-O-My) so it inspired my random username. Come to think of it Pie-O-My would have been much better. Duuuh.

Q2:  The jolly old Midlands.

Q3:  To keep making music until they cart me off.

Q4:  Several years ago I had a dobro made for me by the very talented Colin Keefe. Looks/sounds great - and has a snakewood fingerboard!

Q5:  Barry Gray: Theme tune to UFO

• GibboDenGibboDen Frets: 2
    Morning all, new member here - stumbled upon this forum after searching the net for R6 and R7s and Goldtops in general as looking to buy one (will create a WTB thread shortly).

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My name's Den and although I'm also a fender fan, my fav guitars are Gibsons (Les Pauls)

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? London (east)

After playing in "original bands" for most of my life and being out of it post pandemic, I'd like to record and release the latst batch of tunes I've been working on and get a new band together to gig/work on more stuff.

1997 Les Paul standard (Honeyburst) - owned from new (worked 7 days a week when I was at college to pay for it!...)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - 

Difficult question.. maybe Fell on black days by Soundgarden...

• RogRog Frets: 6
    I've been lurking in the shadows for a while and it's time to say hi.
    Q1 Username elsewhere is Jolly Rog, but that seems to have been taken so I was surprised to see that Rog was still available.  Where have all the other Rogers gone?
    Q2 Originally from South Essex, now in North Suffolk...roughly nowhere central.
    Q3 Gave up the day job in the late seventies to form a prog rock band.  Due to bad timing and lack of talent, achieved my lowest adult weight. Decided to grow up and failed at that too.   Music still on my mind most of the time. Ambition to keep playing and learning as long as I can and maybe put some up to date stuff on You Tube to show that the intervening years were not completely wasted. 
    Q4 Currently a Furch Rainbow, which was custom made with a narrow neck for my small increasing arthritic hands.
    Q5 I don't think I would be allowed to get away with all of Supper's Ready by Genesis, so I will go for Montana by Frank Zappa.
  • FayeFaye Frets: 77
    Q1. Faye is a nickname based on a phonetic contraction of my first and last names. 

Q2. I live in the Peak District, where the best pubs are. 

Q3. Want to get back to gigging my original band regularly again, writing and playing new stuff.

Q4. My '03 '61 Reissue SG with BKP Mississippi Queens, wired for master volume only. Played it so much I've more or less merged with it. 

Q5. Talk Talk - Eden