Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Introduce Yourself - New Members Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 945
    edited November 2022
    @ScreamingDave ;
    Hi and welcome to tFB. 

At the top you'll see a coloured bar with "Home", your username, "Inbox" etc and far right, that's the New Thread symbol that lets you start a new discussion.

Admins & Mods are in New Members if you get stuck and need help.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sorry, that sounded a bit abrupt.  I tried to put a thumbs up in there, but it didn't translate off my phone
    edited November 2022
    @ScreamingDave ;

All good. Here's the thumbs up:

: + 1

Just put together with no spaces. 

• :+1: 
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? I'm a luthier operating in Somerset...self explanatory really:)

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Somerset, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? I recently formed a Smiths tribute band called "A Hatful of Smiths", with an ambition to play some cool festivals and theatres..

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Gibson Les Paul Deluxe

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Dream Brother by Jeff Buckley...check out Glastonbury performance in 95 on Youtube..transcendental. This is the guy everyone from Jimmy Page to Thom Yorke raved about at the time. Sadly died too young.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @somersetluthier ;
    Hi and welcome to tFB. 

To start a new thread, click the symbol far right on the coloured bar at the top where you can see your username and a bunch of other stuff like "Home", "Inbox".

And if you get stuck, a PM to Admins or Mods will get help. You'll find them in New Members. 

:) 
  • Hi everyone,

Q1:  Where did you username come from? An old gaming username i made with a friend

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?: York, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?: Get into gigging and start a new band, and continue enjoying playing guitar.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?: Gibson Les paul 60's Tribute!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?: I'm the one - Van Halen.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @DelinquentDuck ;
    Hi, welcome to tFB. 

You'll find a lot of guitar stuff. You can start your own thread by clicking on the symbol far right at the top where you'll see your username, "Inbox" etc. And if you should manage to get stuck, a PM to Admins or Mods (they're in New Members) will get you help. 

Enjoy! :) 

• Hi folks, 

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Well...it's a road new me and a nod to my favourite football team.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? East Yorks not far from York

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To get back to regular gigging again (I'm a bass player), but also to start playing a six string.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Fender 50's Roadworn Precision (2TSB)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Well today I'll say Fame by David Bowie

@Howdenspur ;
    Hi! Welcome to tFB.

If you get stuck, a PM to Admins or Mods will get help (they're listed in New Members) ,and to start a new thread just click the symbol far right on the coloured bar at the top, where you'll see your username, inbox and a bunch of other stuff. 

• Hello guys and gals..........

I'm Leigh from sunny Swindon.  I was born in Lancashire originally and we moved "down south" when I was about 7.
    I'm a bassist originally (I mean well though) and have spent the last 25 years playing everything from Duran Duran to Charles Mingus.  When I was at college I badgered a friend to teach me a riff on his electric guitar so many times he ordered me to buy a bass so we could jam.  I've never looked back.  Naively, I always thought you needed to be young to learn an instrument.

My dad was always singing and would make a song out of any word we said, when we were kids.  Singing brought me to acoustic guitar.  Psycho Killer and Don't Be Cruel, to be precise.  I now only have one bass in my life and the rabbit hole of acoustics is well under way.  It began with a dreadnought that my girlfriend bought me.

I'm also Chewie on basschat.co.uk. 

Q1. Ziggy is my cat.  He has one eye different to the other.  Nugget is from Nugent, my surname.

Q2.  I'm in  world of vintage instruments in Old Town, Swindon Wiltshire.

Q3.  My main musical ambition is to find one bass, one electric, one small bodied acoustic, one dreadnought.

Q4.  My best bit of gear is a black Musician Stingray with a Birdseye maple neck.  Absolute animal of power and tone.

Q5.  This has to be the Stop Making Sense movie.  It's the first production that had me crying with joy.
    @ziggynugget ;. Hi and welcome to tFB.

To start a new thread, click the symbol far right on the coloured bar at the top where you'll see Home, your username, Inbox etc. 

And if you get stuck, a PM to Admins or Mods will get help. You'll find them listed in New Members. 

• Thanks, Mellish
  • shezshez Frets: 2
     Q1 Childhood nickname
      Q2 Cleethorpes - Hawaii of the East Coast
      Q3 To play well enough not to have fruit thrown at me
      Q4 A Hahn 228 Telecaster bought from this parish recently
      Q5 David Russell playing Bach

I have been lurking here since August but I am not one for making entries on forums. I have a lack of knowledge on all but classical guitars so have had nothing useful to add to the comprehensive information available here. 
    edited December 2022
    @shez ;
    Hi and welcome to tFB

Here you'll find plenty to read and you can start a New Thread by clicking the icon furthest right on the coloured bar at the top where you'll find "Home", your username and a bunch of other stuff.
    And if you need help, Admins & Mods are listed in "New Members" and  you just need to pick one and send a PM.

Enjoy! 
  • shezshez Frets: 2
    Thanks for your time Millish. 
  • Where did you username come from?

It's a character from a book by William Burroughs.

Where in the world/country are you?

Sussex.

What's your main musical ambition?

Just to enjoy playing.

Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

A custom ESP.

Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Louie Louie by the Kingsmen. 

@UranianWilly ;
    Hi and welcome to tFB. 

You'll find us a friendly lot. Just jump straight into a discussion OR if you can't see anything of interest, start your own thread by way of the icon furthest right on the coloured bar along the top. 
    And if you get stuck, a PM to Admins or Mods will get help (they're listed in New Members). 

Enjoy! 
    :) 
  • Where did you username come from?

It's a Nick Cave Song

Surrey

Rock imortality

The only one I own, a Taylor GS mini

From Her To Eternity

@JanglingJack ;
    Hi and welcome to tFB. 

You can start your own thread if you can't find what you want to discuss, buy or sell in Classifieds.

Read  the rules in Help & Feedback a t the bottom of your Home page and a PM to Admins or Mods will get you help if you need it, (they're listed in New Members).

Welcome aboard :) 
  • Hello everyone.

It all started for me in 1965 when me and 3 others formed a band, I left in about 70/71 due to moving away from where I'd lived and it was just just too far to travel back, I have a few stories and a few moments of fame which will come to light later I'm sure.  
    I then found motorbikes, beer and girls and an era of as they say of sex and drugs and rock and roll followed. I worked down the pit till I got my leg crushed in 1980, unfortunately I spent 7 months in hospital, split up with my wife and a couple of years learning to walk again. I could ride a motorbike so I went dispatch riding in London and earnt silly money enough to buy 2 Free House pubs. I then got seriously ill in the late 90s finished with my partner and met my now wife.
    I'd worked 2 years for Securicor but packed it all in and in 2000 emigrated  to Spain and lived there for 16 years - and wouldn't change a moment. Then sadly both our mums died so we moved back to Kent where we lived now. 
    As I have left most of my life story out because I expect you have got bored by now LOL  I have been working all the time and never had time for a band again. But I have been to see plenty of bands and go to local pub gigs and would like to catch up with guitars now I'm retired.
    Question 1..   I have two cats named Sidney and Sooty.
    Question 2..   Kent.
    Question 3..   To Play a guitar again.
    Question 4..   The guitar I just purchased name unknown,  More of that later.
    Question 5..   Whiter Shade of Pale..  

@SidandSooty62 ; Hi and welcome to tFB.
    You can start your own thread by clicking the icon furthest right on the coloured bar along the top of any page.
    You can get help from Admins & Mods (listed in New Members) .
    Rules are in Help & Feedback (bottom of your Home page) and also Off Topic.

• Hi, Made a few posts, then thought best to introduce myself.

Name is Steve or Pete, sing, play guitar and write songs. Not great at any of them, but ok. I blame my hamfisted guitar playing on the pork sausages that god gave me as an excuse for fingers. And this is why I don't believe in a god...none would be so cruel!

Been playing in bands since the early '80's, love a cranked valve amp such as my '66 AC50(Volume at about 7), then pushed with an overdrive.

Currently playing in two bands...'Thee lonely hearts' '60's rocky kinda Beatles meets Redd Kross and 'Freestone' '70's influenced, Hendrix, Zed Zep, QOTSA, Steve Marriot mish mash.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

My brother and me used to make up silly sketches when we were drunk and upload them to youtube, he was called Peter and I was called Pete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCeFp4fEa0I

And the band I was in at the time was called Thee passion killers.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Portsmouth, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

When I first picked up a guitar, I stood in front of the mirror and imagined myself playing on stage with a band. I didn't for one minute believe it would actually happen, but a few years later I achieved my dream. Now I constantly remind myself just how lucky I am to be able to write, play live and record with my mates. No further ambition now, other than to get lost in the music.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

1962 cherry red Gibson 335

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

The watercress line

@Petepassion ;
    Hi. Welcome to tFB.

If you have any forum issues, Admins & Mods are listed in New Members, just send a message.
    The rules are in Help & Feedback, also Off Topic..
    You can start a New Thread by clicking the icon furthest right on the coloured bar at the top where you'll see Home, your username and a bunch of other stuff. 

Enjoy!  :) 
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

I’m a Geordie called Jo, seems to have stuck as a nickname since I was a child 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

North east England 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

Enjoy playing, not one for really wanting to learn every scale and progression, just enjoy sitting and strumming

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My 64 strat, had it a long time and couldn’t afford one now 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Hell ain’t a bad place to be AC/DC 

Welcome from another member from the North East, there ain't many of us about in this neck of the woods.
  • x_madx_mad Frets: 1
    edited January 2023

Hi to everyone!

Where did you username come from? 
      From the song "We're mad" by Toy Dolls

Ukraine

I'm just playing for myself

MIM Tele

"Me 'n John Williams" by Toy Dolls

@x_mad ;
    Hi and welcome to tFB. 

If you can't find a discussion you want, you can start your own thread by clicking the icon furthest right on the coloured bar at the top where you'll find Home,your username and a bunch of other stuff. 
    Admins & Mods are listed in New Members if you get stuck and need help. 

• FarmermarkFarmermark Frets: 1
    edited January 2023

•