Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Introduce Yourself - New Members Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• LukeFRCLukeFRC Frets: 2
    Cheers @Mellish ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • shezshez Frets: 2
    Q1 Childhood nickname
      Q2 Lincolnshire
      Q3 All round competence. Some ways off at the moment. 
      Q4 The least expensive of my guitars. If only I had known!
      Q5 Something by Bach
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @shez ; - welcome to TFB.

Hope to see you joining in discussions. Admins & Mods are in New Members if you get stuck, just send a PM for help.

Enjoy! :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

I couldn't have the one I really wanted years ago, and it stuck

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

West Wilts

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To stop playing the same thing over and over again

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Nice telecaster

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

The Rezillos - Can't stand my baby

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @noparadise ; - Hi and welcome to TFB.

Hope you stick around and join in. Admins & Mods will help you if you're not sure how something works (they're listed in New Members). Alternatively, post the problem in Help & Feedback and members will help you if possible. 

:)

• Brad_LBrad_L Frets: 1
    Hi all.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It's a part combination of my first and last names

I'm in rural East Sussex

To understand it all a bit more (I'm not holding my breath though). To play better (see previous comment)

Best as in what it's worth or best sounding? I have a few nice things but my favourite (sounding/playing) guitar is a  cheap Japanese Tele bought many years ago. 

I don't have a #1 TBH. My playlist are genre and time trips. If it's got a half decent beat I'll probably like it.

@Brad_L ; Hi and welcome to TFB.

Plenty to read, add your own comments to existing threads or start your own.

And if you need their help, you'll find Admins & Mods in New Members.

• kappykappy Frets: 1
    Hi all. New member here. Ias active on TGP for a few years starting in 2008, but lately haven't done much guitar forum-ing. Mostly checking guitar culture out on Socials. But I miss the interaction.

Nickname based on my surname.

I'm a NYC ex-pat who lives in London. I've been here 2 years.

Start playing with others regularly. (Would love to do a progressive rock/fusion-y improv type thing.)

My best piece of gear is a lie I tell myself to justify buying one more guitar or amp.

Sinister Footwear II on Them or Us by Frank Zappa

Look forward to meeting you all.
    @kappy ; Hi and welcome to TFB mate.

Should you need their help, you'll find a contact for Admins & Mods in. New Members.

• Hi everyone,

My real name.

North London, but I'm from North Yorkshire.

To finish and release more music.

Tokai Super Edition strat.
      Not the flashiest bit of kit, but I bought it some years ago from a friend who'd had a new bridge and tuners fitted and it's never    failed to be inspiring.

I can't choose as I tend to get obsessed with something different every other day.
      As I write this I'm listening to Spit Up by Royce Wood Junior which is superb - he really knows how to cut a deep groove.

Looking forward to chatting with you, particularly the pedal heads!
    @CharlieE ;

Hi and welcome to the FB. 
    You'll find plenty of threads to read add to or even start your own. And if you get stuck, you'll find Admins & Mods  listed in New Members to help you out.

• FretsproutFretsprout Frets: 2
    edited September 2022

Hi guys and girls, my name is Mike and I'm a 54 year old bloke from the west midlands, started playing guitar at age 11 and then ended up as a drummer for various school bands before giving it up. Always had a guitar around the place but only started playing on and off again about 10 years ago. Last two years have seen a dramatic increase in my playing, without much improvement, often wonder what I'm doing sat here on the sofa? as does the wife when I want another guitar. Anyway, enough talk.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?   Just some guitar related phrase that randomly popped into my head

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?      I'm in the West Midlands, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?       To be able to play the guitar better than I do now, to finally scrape myself out of this pit of despair and self criticism and maybe find some people to have a strum with.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?       Squier CV 50's Telecaster

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?      Hard to choose but I'm pretty fond of "motorcycle emptiness" by the manics

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited September 2022
    @Fretsprout ; Hi and welcome to the FB.

Hopefully you'll find us worth sticking around for . And if you get stuck, Admins & Mods are listed in New Members, just send a PM.

Enjoy!  
  • Cheers :-)
  • JasOJasO Frets: 93
    edited September 2022
    Hi Everyone! When hits started coming my way from this board I decided to check it out and quickly discovered that I like this community. Some background: From 1978 through 1998 I was an editor and interviewer for Guitar Player magazine. Since then I've written six books about music, including Early Blues: The First Stars of Blues Guitar; Rollin' and Tumblin': The Postwar Blues GuitaristsStone Free: Jimi Hendrix in London; and Talking Guitar: Conversations With Musicians Who Shaped Twentieth-Century American Music. I also co-authored My Son Jimi with James "Al" Hendrix and produced the "Young Buckethead" DVDs and CDs. My "Let It Roll! The Essential Blues Sessions" column appears in Living Blues magazine, and my "Talking Guitar" online magazine at  https://jasobrecht.substack.com/ features in-depth articles and podcasts of my interviews with beloved musicians.  

Q1:  Where did you username come from?   My first name and initial of the last name.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?      Ann Arbor, Michigan

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?       It's always been my ambition to write about, rather than publicly perform, guitar-intensive music. Too aware of my own limitations! Having said that, though, I have pretty much played guitar every day since Christmas 1966.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?       1962 Silvertone 1423 (a.k.a. Harmony Jupiter). Sounds great unplugged!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Jimi Hendrix, "All Along the Watchtower"

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @JasO

Welcome to the FB. Hopefully, you'll join discussions, start your own threads - and, if you get stuck, go to New Members, scroll down to Admins & Mods, send them a PM and they'll help. 

• Hello
    Long time lurker thought I'd join.So much knowledge here.
    My user name?...you've heard of magic Sam..well,meet tragic Sam the Unlucky Alf of the guitar world.
    I'm from South Wales..Newport.Someone has to come from there.
    I want to play guitar like Willie Johnson on the old Howlin Wolf records.
    Otis Rush on his old Cobra stuff and acoustic like Charlie Patton.
    My best bit of gear is a John English built 1955 shoreline gold strat built in 2001.
    My no,1 track is Moaning at Midnight by Howlin Wolf.
    Thank you and glad to be here.
    @tragicsam ;

Hi and welcome to the FB.

You'll find plenty to interest you - and if you need 'em, Admins & Mods are right there, in New Members.

Enjoy! 

• Cheers Mellish.
  • Hello one and all,
    new member here.
    My name is Enrico (the username is an old name that has its roots in some D&D character I used to have ages ago...) and I'm from Surrey.
    I'm 52, I play guitar since I was 19 and I'm a bedroom player (well, living room player is actually more correct!)
    Main musical ambition is to be able to play easily any kind of style... I will never reach my goal :-)
    I don't have extremely nice gear: the best guitar I have (a Krautster II) is up for sale on the classifieds... but I like having at least ONE decent guitar. And generally no more than 3 at the same time (it makes really no sense, I feel like I'm cosplaying otherwise...)
    If I have to mention ONE song, I would say "Brothers in arms" which I love and love playing too. 
    I'm not especially active on forums, I tend to be quite shy and I feel other people have much more interesting things to say than I have, therefore I read a lot!
    Thanks all!
    Enrico
    @ashareth ;
    Hello mate and welcome to the FB. Hopefully you'll like us and stick around. Please add comments to discussions and start threads - and, if you get stuck, Admins & Mods will help you (they're in New Members) .

• Mellish said:
    @ashareth ;
    Hello mate and welcome to the FB. Hopefully you'll like us and stick around. Please add comments to discussions and start threads - and, if you get stuck, Admins & Mods will help you (they're in New Members) .

Thanks mate! I’ll do my best
    ashareth said:
    Mellish said:
    @ashareth ;

Thanks mate! I’ll do my best

Just take your time, get some confidence going and you'll be adding comments.

It's your forum too :) 
  • Hello everyone, I'm an ageing chap who, last January, pulled my unused guitar from the loft after 20 years, in the hope of improving my lifestyle and health. It's debatable how successful I've been in that regard but I do have a reinvigorated interest in music, playing the instrument and other technical aspects of the guitar. During the course of the past year I began to toy with the idea of building my own guitar. It remains to be seen how that might work out.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?   My name is Charlie or Chas and my hair is ginger, or at least used to be.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?     S.W. London, although Kingston Upon Thames would be closer to the truth.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?      I don't have any formal musical ambitions. Improve my playing.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?     Gordon Smith Gypsy ll

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Impossible to say, Nimrod by Edward Elgar

@GingerChas ;
    Welcome to the FB, hope to see you posting :) 

Admins & Mods are listed in New Members, should you get stuck.

• Hi all, I'm from east London. I have some 1950s National/Supro/Kay/Harmony guitars plus a Les Paul Junior and the odd Burns/Hofner/Hagstrom, and some I've built from kits. I love '60s fuzz pedals, have a lot of those, and make them too. Hoping to chat about old stuff, and show off my pedals a bit. Here are some from my latest batch:

username?  It's from a '70s electronics hobby mag, the caption to a schematic for a fuzz pedal project by Craig Anderton. Stuck in my mind. I used it for the title of a zine and then for my fuzz enterprise that i started in 2020.
    Where are you? E London
    What's your main musical ambition? Not playing in bands anymore but still record my own stuff, sometimes I post it on Soundcoud. I enjoy writing music for my pedal demos.
    Your "best" bit of gear - I guess my refin 1957 Les Paul Junior 
    Your #1 ever track - Sister Ray - Velvet Underground

Handmade, high-impact, great-looking radical queer 1960s-inspired germanium fuzzboxes. All-new circuits, no clones.
    @goodfuzzysounds on Instagram
    @goodfuzzysounds ;
    Hi and welcome to the FB. Hope to see you joining in the discussions. 

Check out Classifieds, some great bargains there.

Admins & Mods are in New Members if you need help.

• thanks ( i didn't mean to lol there, still getting the hang of the buttons!)
    Handmade, high-impact, great-looking radical queer 1960s-inspired germanium fuzzboxes. All-new circuits, no clones.
    @goodfuzzysounds on Instagram
    @goodfuzzysounds ;

If you inadvertently click the wrong button, you can undo it by doing a refresh  and tapping that button again. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter