Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Introduce Yourself - New Members Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @Farmermark ;

Welcome to tFB. 

Having a little trouble posting? Head over to New Members and scroll down to Admins & Mods, pick one. Their profile will come up. Click on the  message box top right. Explain the issue and you'll get help. 

:) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ahoy Frets,

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Hey Joe + the Horror Channel.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? The Frozen North

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Just to play with enthusiasm every day

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Changes day to day. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Changes day to day.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @Joe_Grim ; Welcome to tFB,the best guitar forum IMO.

Rules are in Help & Feedback and also in Off Topic. Admins & Mods can be found in New Members, should you get stuck. And you can start your own thread by clicking the   furthest right icon on the coloured bar at the top where you'll find "Home", your username and a bunch of other stuff.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thank you @Mellish and pleased to meet you !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hey all! I'm xParallax, from South Wales! I'm 27 and absolutely love travelling, aviation and music. I'm in a band called The Oversights http://theoversights.com/

Q1:  xParallax is my Twitch gaming streaming channel, I initially started it a while go after a few buddies and I decided to start a 4 person gaming Youtube channel, and each of us had to have a signature branding colour from Red, Yellow, Blue, Green. We'd just watched the horrific remake of Green Lantern at the time, and the only Yellow thing I could think of was Parallax from the comics. Parallax the account was taken everywhere, so I stuck an x infront of it as the edgy 15 year old that I was.

Q2:  I live in Newport, South Wales.

Q3:  Musical ambition is to write songs I'm proud of, and write songs that if I found them, I would be super buzzed about hearing. My band The Oversights are on the up so keep an eye out for us ;)

Q4:  Best bit of gear is: Custom Warmoth Hybrid Strat (Strat body with Tele controls), in Lake Placid Blue, I absolutely adore it

Q5:  Favourite track is and always has been 'Say It Ain't So - Weezer'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @xParallax ;
    Welcome to tFB. 
    The rules are explained in Help & Feedback (also Off Topic), help is available if you need it (just PM a Mod or Admin, they're listed in New Members) and you can start a thread by clicking the icon furthest right on the blue bar along the top. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hi! I'm living in the US, and it's good to meet all of you.
    @idimata ; Welcome to tFB :)

If you have any questions about the forum, a quick message to Admins & Mods will get help (they're in New Members). 

You can start a thread by clicking the icon furthest right on the blue bar along the top where you'll find Home, your username and a bunch of other stuff. 

• CGACGA Frets: 1

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It's the name of my business, Classical Guitar Academy!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Derbyshire, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

My main ambition is to help other guitarists. I enjoy teaching and seeing pupils gain confidence in their playing. We're all in this for one reason, and that's to enjoy music. I find it very fulfilling to play a small part in someone's musical journey.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My Michael Gee guitar. It's taken me from Grade 8 through music college, countless performances and a lot of great memories.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Impossible to pick just one, sorry! 

@CGA ; Welcome to tFB.

The Forum rules are in Help&Feedback, also Off Topic.
    You can start a thread by clicking the icon furthest right on the coloured bar at the top where you'll find Home, your username etc. 
    If you get stuck, Admins & Mods are listed in New Members and you just need to send a PM. 

Enjoy!  :) 
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? Top of my head!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Norfolk UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play without getting complaints.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Currently a classic Spanish hand built.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Can't pick just one!

Currently rebuilding the calluses after a 50 year break but have decided to go back to electric as I can play "unplugged" so as not to annoy her indoors!

@Strumit ; Hi and welcome to the Fretboard.

It's fairly easy to find your way around, but if you do get stuck, Admins & Mods will help you if you send them a PM. They're in New Members.

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It's a similar one i've used for years and need something I can remember (haha)

Hamburg (Germany) ... But born and raised in Southampton, before living in London for many years and later moving to Hamburg only a few years ago  (for work and family).

To play something that sounds like my heroes and enjoying guitars

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear?

My Charvel Custom Shop ...that took a lot of sweat to save up for, many years ago.

Too many to choose ... haha But it certainly varies depending on my "Music phase" ... sometimes i'm in a metal phase, sometimes rock ...sometimes something else...

@BigAl100 ; Welcime to tFB.

You can start a thread by clicking the icon furthest right on the coloured bar at the top, where you'll find Home, your username and a bunch of other stuff. 
    You can get help from Admins & Mods if you get stuck (you'll find them listed in New Members.
    And the rules are explained in Help & Feedback/Off Topic.

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It was my main toon in 'Dark Age Of Camelot', the first MMO I got into, and just sort of stuck after that.

Originally Wales, currently lowering neighbouring house values in Nottingham.

To keep making better and better music; to get back into releasing music again after a long break (my first album came out in 1999), and especially to keep pushing the boundaries of what sounds can be conjured from guitar & bass (since that's all I can play). 

Not sure I could pick just one; I know I wouldn't want to be without my Digitech Studio 400 multi-FX or my custom guitars from Haydn Williams.

Absolutely no way I could ever choose just one. I'm into prog rock, death and black metal, classical, experimental noise stuff, some electronica, Vai/Satriani-esque guitar stuff, some jazz...nah, impossible to choose 1. 

@Svartmetall, ; alright?

Loads to see and do and (if you get stuck) you'll find Admins & Mods in New Members to help you.. 

Start a new thread? That's the icon furthest right on the coloured bar along the top.

Enjoy :) 
  • Strumit said:

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Top of my head!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Norfolk UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play without getting complaints.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Currently a classic Spanish hand built.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Can't pick just one!

Currently rebuilding the calluses after a 50 year break but have decided to go back to electric as I can play "unplugged" so as not to annoy her indoors!

Well, the classical didn't stay due to complaints about the "noise"!  Now I have a Burns Shadow Special, played through headphones when anyone is in residence!  Trying to use it every day and I can hear (and feel) that I am slowly improving, hitting the correct notes more often and with greater clarity.  Onwards and upwards.
  • TTony said:

[edit]
    ChristophEar has created a Spotify playlist of all the #1 tracks
    Everyone's #1 tracks.

And I just "stickied" this for as long as we've got lots of new rejoiners arriving!

Q1: It's fairly random
    Q2: I'm in Derbyshire in the UK
    Q3: Just play guitar. I'm too old now for any greater ambition
    Q4: National Resolectric. It is a thing of great beauty and sounds awesome, even with me playing it.
    Q5: It changes from day to day depending on mood 

@Alces1959 ; Welcome to tFB :)

Want to start a thread? Click the icon furthest right on the coloured bar along the top where you'll find Home, your username and a bunch of other stuff.
    Rules are in Help & Feedback and also in Off Topic.
    And if you need help, Admins & Mods are listed in New Members, just send a message.

• Hi! I'm Alex. 36. Spoke to two chaps at the Guitar Show, who gave me a leaflet so thought I'd join in.

Q1: I was born in Crimea

Q2:  Wawrickshire

Q3: Have fun with my mates and make a few beer tokens on the side

Q4: My Maverick F D-Tox prototype I picked up ages ago. Lovely guitar which I'm not planning on ever selling.

Q5: Difficult one. I'd say The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright

@CrimeanCitizen ; Welcome to tFB.

To start a thread, click the icon furthest right on the coloured bar along the top where you'll find your username. 

Enjoy :+1:
  • AeromikeAeromike Frets: 3

Q1:  My names Mike and when I had to create my first ever username I was a big Aerosmith fan (still am really) - and so Aeromike was born.  

Q2:  Nottingham, England 

Q3:  Musical ambition? - just to have fun! I'm currently in a rock covers band

Q4:  Ohhhhh, I think from my entire rig the only item I wouldn't be tempted to change is my Custom Audio Wah

Q5:  changes on a near daily basis, but since the death of the great Jeff Beck I think I've played HammerHead at least once a day for the last few weeks. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @Aeromike ; hi and welcome to tFB

The Icon furthest right on the coloured bar along the top will let you start a new thread; the rules are explained in Help & Feedback and also in Off Topic; and if you get stuck, Admins & Mods are listed in New Members, just send a message.

• Q1:  Where did you username come from? It's my artist name that I perform under - I think it's rather good

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? West Sussex UK on the coast

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To make a living out of it, but primarily always enjoy making music

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - Tough - probably my 79 Strat - It's heavy, has the bolt trust rod but it plays beautifully. Don't believe everything you hear about 70s Strats.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Really tough - I'll say Robert Johnson - Crossroad Blues

@Superprotagonist ;
    Wekcome to tFB. 

We hope you'll stich around, add comments, share knowledge and start threads. 
    If you get stuck, Admins&Mods are listed in New Members  and will help you out.

Enjoy!  :) 
  • Hi everyone,

I'm Jenny, just joined after seeing the booth at the Guitar Show last weekend.

Q1. My username is simply my name, I don't have any cool nicknames!

Q2. I'm in East Midlands, UK.

Q3. Just to have fun playing for me.

Q4. Hard to pick one, but at the moment the Reverend Descent RA Baritone I bought at the Guitar Show. Really enjoying it.

Q5. Can I have a trilogy? Pain Remains by Lorna Shore.
    @jennywallace ; Welcome to tFB.

Want to start a thread? That's the icon furthest right on the coloured bar at the top where you'll see your username.

Any problems? Contact Admins & Mods in New Members.

Enjoy! :) 
  • Thanks Mellish.
  • tinytunetinytune Frets: 3
    juansolo said:

It was my nickname when I worked shifts. There were several Johns, I became Juan for no good reason I could see (you don't get to choose these things). I might also be a little geeky...

Yorkshire. Home of pie.

To one day build a pedal so awesome that it brings about either world peace or a zombie apocalypse.

Soldering iron.

Tough, very tough. I'll go with Black Sabbath - Die Young

@tinytune ; Welcome!

I'm sure you'll find your way around, but just a couple of things:
    If you want to start a thread, that's the icon furthest right on the bar along the top where you'll find Home, your username and a bunch of other stuff.
    And Admins & Mods are listed in New Members, should you need help.

Have fun :)