Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Introduce Yourself - New Members Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Hi James here  I live in Japan Play the Fender Jazzmaster ,Repair Amps and guitars .
    Yes, i am a Engineer.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @James59 ;

Hello and welcome to the FB. If you have any trouble with the forum, Admins & Mods will help you. You'll find them listed in New Members.

:) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

I’m a Geordie called Jo, seems to have stuck as a nickname since I was a child 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

North east England 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

Enjoy playing, not one for really wanting to learn every scale and progression, just enjoy sitting and strumming

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My 64 strat, had it a long time and couldn’t afford one now 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Hell ain’t a bad place to be AC/DC 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @Geordie_Jo ;
    Hi and welcome to the FB. 

Hope to see you posting. 

If you need help with the site, Admins & Mods are in New Members.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • atmosatmos Frets: 2

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Atmos comes from atmosphere. Atmos is my artist and professional name.

Coventry, UK!

To write, record, and perform original music which helps to make the world a better place.

Easy. Axe FX 3!

Too hard to pick just one but maybe Tool - Lateralus

edited October 2022
    @atmos ; welcome :) 

Any problems settling in, Admins/Mods will help you. They're there under "New Members", just send a PM. 

• Hi all

I've been floating around the forum for ages and finally decided to formalise my relationship!  Looking forward to getting involved.  

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  -  It's a silly play on Pearl Jam - probably my favourite band, and definitely the best concert I've ever been to.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?    -  Somewhere in between Birmingham and Worcester.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?    -  I'd just love to be able to go into a guitar shop and try out some guitars without feeling like I'm a complete novice and noob.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?   -  my Fender Lite Ash Strat.  Bought in 2003.  It was a limited run, made in Korea, with a slightly odd V shape neck that I just adore.  I've played it so much it just feels like a nice pair of slippers, it just fits. I took out the crap standard seymour duncans that came as standard (in black, with a black pickguard) and replaced them with some BK mothers' milks, and a white pickguard.  Won't change anything on it now, it's perfect.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Now that's a question. So, so many.  Gun to my head... Metallica - Outlaw Torn - has special meaning to me

@PearlsPreserve ;

Hi! Welcome to tFB :)

Plenty to get involved in. And if you get stuck Admins/"Mods will help you(they're in New Members) .

Enjoy! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • aneesanees Frets: 2
    Hello all,

Q1:  Where did you username come from? -> It's my actual name. No anonymity here :)

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? -> Woking

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? -> To learn how to play the guitar

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? -> Yamaha Pacifica 112j (I'm a southpaw)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? -> Chuck Berry's Johnny be Goode

@anees ; Welcome to tFB.

Hope to see you joining in :) 
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

From a Bjork song

London

Like to write songs and play with others

2012 Am. Std. Tele

your hand in mine - explosions in the sky

@violetlymickey ;

Welcome to tFB :)

If you get stuck, there's Admins & Mods to help you out. You'll find them listed in New Members. 

Hope to see you posting. 

Enjoy! 
  • CharlieShawCharlieShaw Frets: 347
    edited November 2022

Not sure what’s going on but only the first part of my message is showing up. I’m using my iPad. If you can delete this and the following message and I’ll try again later. Think it’s because I quoted the questions then deleted them once I’d answered them. If you get me.

• CharlieShawCharlieShaw Frets: 347
    edited November 2022

My username comes from a great novel by Hari Kunzru called White Tears. It’s the name of one of the characters… sort of 

edited November 2022
    @CharlieShaw ; Welcome to tFB.

Seen you in Acoustics so you probably know where to find Admins & Mods already. But if you're having trouble, send them a PM. They're listed in New Members. 

Enjoy  
  • HI, I'm learning to play guitar and bass, although enjoying the bass more. I'm finding learning the guitar to be a bit frustrating at the moment.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? I chose it as I'm from Cornwall

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?  East Cornwall

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? to learn enough to play some really cool 70's / 80's Rock

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? that's a hard one, I'll have to pick my bass, a Fender Mustang PJ bass

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? even harder !  I love Def Leppard, AC/DC and Scorpions....so many songs to choose from.  I'm going to make it easier and pick one of the songs I'm learning on my bass, Cum on Feel the Noize by Slade

@Cornishpixie ; Hi and welcome to tFB.

You'll find lots of technical  info, gear for sale/trade, interesting threads - and if you get stuck, Admins & Mods can be found in New Members, just send a message.

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 770

Q1:  Where did you username come from? dunno...had it for 20 years

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Ipswich

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Learn something new every day!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - Guitar...59 Custom Shop Journeyman Relic Strat.  Amp: DR Z Carmen Ghia

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - Depends on the day...I'll pick an Album....The Bends, Radio Head

My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
    @nero1701 ; welcomed to tFB.

If you need help, you'll find Admins & Mods in New Members.

Hope to see you joining in!

• Hello!

My names Vyn. I'm from Bristol.

I officially started playing guitar when I was 12, but I quit almost immediately. Decided to give it another bash at 40.
    @Vyn_Venal ; Welcome to tFB :)

We've all been there but if you stick with it, it gets a whole lot easier.

Forum-wise, if you have any problems, Admins & Mods are listed in "New Members" and will help you.

Enjoy! :) 
  • Hello,

Bit of background. Have always loved music and always wanted to be able to play an instrument properly but life just got in the way. Used to play bass as a teenager in a crap sixth form band and tinkered with very basic drums and piano (think just above single finger level!). Always thought 'proper' guitar playing was out of my reach but now at the ripe old age of 55 have got a bit more time on my hands as the kids have got a bit older and now look on me as an embarrasment and not life's oracle! About three months in so the frustration at my inept fingers is still outweighing the enjoyment of stringing three chords together but am determined to stick with it.

Have found the forum a great resource so far.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?   I was a skinny footballer in my younger days and my team nickname was Widdle in reference to Charles Hawtrey's character, Private Widdle, in Carry on Up The Khyber!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?     Petersfield,Hampshire

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?      Simply to be able to play along to some of my favourite tracks

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?     Sounds crass but having the free time to learn to play is the best thing for me

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd (might be some years before I manage the whole song!)

@widdle67 ;
    Hi and welcome to tFB. 

You'll find lots of interesting threads, technical info, gear for sale - and Admins & Mods are in New Members and will help you with any site issues.

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?  -  not sure really, have used it for years!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?    -  West Herts, but grew up in Gloucestershire, then North London

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?    -  Just keep writing more music.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?   -  The G&L ASAT that I'm selling in the classifieds!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - Alice by Tom Waits maybe

@Badgerdeluxe ;
    Welcome to tFB.

You'll find plenty to read. If you disagree with others, say so but there are rules - and if you get stuck, a PM either to Admins or Mods will get help (you'll find them listed in New Members. 

• Hi All

I am John Burns. I play in a band called Jonny J and The Merrymakers (  named after the drummer not me - because he hates limelight )..

Im from the glorious West Midlands and love all kins of music but my favourite band are The Beatles. With notable shout outs to Guns N Roses, Nirvana and a few others. 

I play a Gretsch Historic Series acoustic that my dad brought for me as a kid and a Line 6 Variax in my band as its just to useful with its different settings etc. They are not for everyone but I think they are great.

Anyway. Thanks for having me on the board.

John

@GuitarBoxMan ;
    Hi and welcome to tFB. 

Hopefully you'll find it a nice place to be and will stick around. 

If you get stuck, a PM to Admins or Mods will get help, and you'll find them in New Members, just scroll down and click on "Admins & Mods".

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? - I am a massive fan of Ibanez guitars and related gear :)

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - Recently moved to London.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - Be able to play my favourite music.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - Fender Stratocaster ST57

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Tough question! But I'll go for Nothing Else Matters by Metallica

Thanks for having me.
    @IbanezFan03 ;

Welcome to tFB. A PM to Admins or Mods will get help if you get stuck (you'll find them listed in New Members).

To start a New Thread of your own, check the coloured bar at the top. You'll see "Home" your username and a bunch of other stuff. What you need to click on is last on the right.

Enjoy!  :)
  • ScreamingDaveScreamingDave Frets: 468
    edited November 2022
    Hi Everyone,

My name's Dave and I've just joined.  Hoping to get some decent guitar-related chat with like-minded people and maybe get a bit of advice (maybe even dispense some, if I'm feeling brave!)

Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    We were thinking up "Blues Names" in an old band I was in and I chose "Screaming" Dave, after Screaming Jay Hawkins

Andover, Hampshire, but originally from Dunstable in Bedfordshire

To get my new band "Jake's Last Fandango" match fit

Bog standard 2004 SG Standard in Heritage Cherry: my weapon of choice for the last 18 years

Midnight Train to Georgia - Glady Knight & The Pips