Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Sorry I need to have a proper look at this. I will do it today
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited September 2022
    roberty said:
    Sorry I need to have a proper look at this. I will do it today
    That would be great. You're our 'all-rounder'.

Below is the latest list, but also have a look at the ones I deleted that are listed a few posts back to see if we can resurrect any.

@Jonathangus ; I've put @onlyonebradders down with a question mark where it's still to be confirmed.

I've put the ones with a full lineup first. Let me know if anyone spots any errors.

https://i.imgur.com/EfGqTEE.png

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Okay I've had a look and I'm good for these, plus whatever I'm already down for:

Rocks Off - rhythm guitar
    You Really Got Me - vocals
    You Give Love - vocals
    Rebel Rebel - vocals
    You Shook Me All Night Long - drums, I'm not a great drummer but AC/DC is within my limited reach
    Enter Sandman - bass
    Move over - can potentially do vocals and lead guitar for this, quite a lot to learn

August was quite chaotic but I have a few weeks clear now
  • @roberty that great and filled a few empty slots. I'll update the list within the next couple of days.
    It's not a competition.
    @roberty that great and filled a few empty slots. I'll update the list within the next couple of days.
    Cheers thanks for sorting :-)

Are the numbers finalised? I will need to figure out the expenses side
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    @roberty that great and filled a few empty slots. 
    as the bishop said to.....................................
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    bertie said:
    @roberty that great and filled a few empty slots. 
    as the bishop said to.....................................
    More speed, vicar?
  • @roberty suggest we drop Move Over - as you say there is a lot to learn and not much time to do so given our respective focus on other tracks (one for next time perhaps).

In terms of apportioning the costs, believe there are 11 of us who have roles in the band and one or two others who may attend, so suggest we split the cost between those of us who have committed to playing in the band.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • There's an updated list at the end of this post.

We've got quite a few with a full line-up now and some just need a drummer. I expect the Vocal slots will be harder to fill (cue for another joke).

I've made the following changes

1) Removed 'Move Over' at the request of @Brocco

2) Added @roberty to the roles he identified in his post on September 8.

@roberty, just checking, are you also still OK to do bass on 'Under The Bridge'

That means we now have a have a full lineup for 'You Give Love A Bad Name' and 'You Shook Me All Night Long'

I've put myself down for possible lead guitar on Rebel Rebel. But happy to stand aside if anyone else wants it. That gives us another full lineup.

There's a possible 2nd guitar slot available for 'You Give Love A Bad Name', if anyone wants it. Not essential, but some chords under the guitar melodies and solo might help. I've put myself down as a fall-back, but happy to stand aside if anyone else wants it.

It's not a competition.
    edited September 2022
    @Brocco I'm wondering whether to drop 'Just What I Needed'. It's been on the list a long time and we still don't have vocals. Also, is anyone actually brave enough to tackle the lead solo on that one.

Also, maybe drop Armed And Ready, if it's OK with @Crazed_Fandango

It's not a competition.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I'll drum "Here comes your man" - have found drum notation and it looks simple enough to play
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    I'll drum "Here comes your man" - have found drum notation and it looks simple enough to play
    I'll add that to the next update. We've now got a full line-up for 'Here Comes Your Man'.

It's not a competition.
    @stratman3142 all good for Under the Bridge thanks

• Also, maybe drop Armed And Ready, if it's OK with @Crazed_Fandango

Outrageous! :)

Yes, lose it.  I just fancied doing an MSG/UFO song that isn't Doctor Doctor.
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
  • Does anyone happen to have tabs for the Wishing Well widdly bits?
    edited September 2022
    Brocco said:
    Does anyone happen to have tabs for the Wishing Well widdly bits?

I don't have tabs for that, but I've PM'd you something that might help a bit. For jam purposes, I expect it would be fine without those bits if nobody is up for playing them.

Just a reminder that I have basic charts for quite a few of the songs. PM me with your email if anyone needs any.

It's not a competition.
    edited September 2022
    Here's another update with @mrkb added on 'Here Comes Your Man' which gives us another song with a full line-up.

I've dropped Armed and Ready, as we only had Vocals for that one. 

We just need a drummer for 'Talk Dirty' and 'Where Is My Mind'.
    We just need Vocals for 'Enter Sandman'
    We could do a 2nd run through of 'Fortunate Son', if we had a drummer that isn't @mrkb as he's doing Vocals.

@Brocco should I drop 'Just What I Needed' which still lacks Vocals and Lead Guitar.  I'd like to help with Lead guitar but I won't get time to practice properly before the jam and that solo is a tricky one and it hurts my fingers, so I'm going to wimp out. Also, I'm down for bass on that.

https://i.imgur.com/9fSy4VD.png

It's not a competition.
    Brocco said:
    Does anyone happen to have tabs for the Wishing Well widdly bits?

I don't have tabs for that, but I've PM'd you something that might help a bit. For jam purposes, I expect it would be fine without those bits if nobody is up for playing them.

Just a reminder that I have basic charts for quite a few of the songs. PM me with your email if anyone needs any.

Try YouTube - there’s tutorials for most songs on there.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I should be good for talk dirty and where is but I need to learn them. 
  • Oh and fortunate son also
  • I should be good for talk dirty and where is but I need to learn them. 
    Oh and fortunate son also
    That's great. I'll put you down for those for now, but let me know if it's getting too much.

It's not a competition.
    I should be good for talk dirty and where is but I need to learn them. 
    Oh and fortunate son also
    That's great. I'll put you down for those for now, but let me know if it's getting too much.

I’m ok with drumming Fortunate Son again if needed (ie if onlyonebradders can’t learn it in time), but would need someone to cover vocals as I don’t think I can drum and sing it. Just let me know on the day.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    @mrkb I can sing it. Probably. I don't know if I've heard it before
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    We've got @bobblehat singing Fortunate Son in one complete line-up, so we could just drop the second line-up for this.
  • mart said:
    We've got @bobblehat singing Fortunate Son in one complete line-up, so we could just drop the second line-up for this.
    It depends whether @mrkb wants to have a go at singing it as well.

Also, @Neilybob is down for bass on one run through. The multiple run throughs are where more than one person wants the same role.

It's not a competition.
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    mart said:
    It depends whether @mrkb wants to have a go at singing it as well.

Also, @Neilybob is down for bass on one run through. The multiple run throughs are where more than one person wants the same role.
    Yes, and I'm happy to let @Neilybob take the bass on that one - it'll give me a little break. :)
    edited September 2022
    mart said:

Yes, and I'm happy to let @Neilybob take the bass on that one - it'll give me a little break.
    OK. The priority at first was filling roles. Now we can shuffle things around a bit to give people breaks where we've got things covered.

@mrkb do you still want to have a go at singing Fortunate Son?

It's not a competition.
    mart said:

Yes, and I'm happy to let @Neilybob take the bass on that one - it'll give me a little break.
    OK. The priority at first was filling roles. Now we can shuffle things around a bit to give people breaks where we've got things covered.

@mrkb do you still want to have a go at singing Fortunate Son?

Not if it’s not needed. There’s plenty of other songs I’m singing on to help out, so dropping one is ok for me. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited September 2022
    OK I'll drop the 2nd run through of 'Fortunate Son'.

@Brocco am I right in assuming that the list isn't intended to be too proscriptive, so if someone fancies having a go at something they're not down for on the day, hopefully that can be accommodated.

It's not a competition.
  • The set list serves to give us some structure and allows those filling band roles time to learn /prepare. That said, anyone who would like to try a track that they are not down to play on, should have no hesitation in coming forward, as we will have plenty of time, and everyone should have the opportunity to try anything they would like to.