Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    bobblehat said:
    To save me bringing yet another amp/pedalboard etc , just want to check that someone is happy to share. Just need some dirt and a loud pedal in front of a mic . Happy to bring my own but I'm not precious about my tone and it could get a bit busy on stage.

@Crazed_Fandango ;  - if you could bring a spare mic that would be great. The ones provided last time were hopeless.

No probs I plan to bring a basic board
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Crazed_FandangoCrazed_Fandango Frets: 53
    edited September 2022
    bobblehat said:
    To save me bringing yet another amp/pedalboard etc , just want to check that someone is happy to share. Just need some dirt and a loud pedal in front of a mic . Happy to bring my own but I'm not precious about my tone and it could get a bit busy on stage.

@Crazed_Fandango ;;  - if you could bring a spare mic that would be great. The ones provided last time were hopeless.

@bobblehat BD2 is great for dirt and I use the Carcosa as a boost if you want to use them. 

Yes, I'll bring the rest of my mics just in case then.
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
  • What name are we booked in under?
  • bobblehat said:

@Crazed_Fandango ;;  - if you could bring a spare mic that would be great. The ones provided last time were hopeless.

@bobblehat BD2 is great for dirt and I use the Carcosa as a boost if you want to use them. 

Yes, I'll bring the rest of my mics just in case then.
    Great Thanks
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    edited September 2022
    What name are we booked in under?
    The delinquents  - think it’s Room 10. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• mrkb said:
    What name are we booked in under?
    The delinquents  - think it’s Room 10. 
       =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =)
    edited September 2022
    Main Entrance from street is A on map - Reception was just inside. Follow pink arrow to room 10. Once side load in is open (Door B.  ) we can load direct from street into room.

Spaces Archive - Factory Studios

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    image.png 53.6K
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Neilybob said:
    Please beware Reading has spent the weekend in grid lock!  - 

The M4 and associated slip roads will be closed eastbound between junctions 12 (Theale) and 11 (Reading). The closure will start after 8pm Friday 30 September and the motorway will reopen by 6am on Monday 3 October 2022. Clearly signed diversions will be in place utilising the A4 and A33.
    This is now no longer the case due to football in Reading. 

The updated statement reads "Closures this weekend (1 October)
    We'll be closing the eastbound stretch between junctions 12 (Theale) and 11 (Reading) from the evening of Saturday 1 October until the morning of Monday 3 October. The closure will start after 10pm on Saturday."
  • Question for @Vibetronic and @mrkb - interested to know if you have a Fractal profile installed on your units for the Hamstead 60+RT? 
  • Brocco said:
    Question for @Vibetronic and @mrkb - interested to know if you have a Fractal profile installed on your units for the Hamstead 60+RT? 
    I’ll confess I’ve never heard of that amp! I think @mrkb is more likely to have it as his unit is much newer but I’ll take a look :)
  • Brocco said:
    Question for @Vibetronic and @mrkb - interested to know if you have a Fractal profile installed on your units for the Hamstead 60+RT? 
    I’ll confess I’ve never heard of that amp! I think @mrkb is more likely to have it as his unit is much newer but I’ll take a look :)
    Can you see if you've got a JHS BB Blaster 10 in there. It will save me bringing mine  =)
  • bobblehat said:
    Brocco said:
    Can you see if you've got a JHS BB Blaster 10 in there. It will save me bringing mine  =)
    I had to look that up, haha :) I’ll just bring my Blackstar Fly instead if you want? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited September 2022
    Fractal doesnt do profiling - they model amps and pedals at a circuit and component level.  Theres 300 amp circuits modelled - all are customisable in many ways by changing tube types, tone stacks, speaker impedance transformer match, etc - so if you know what an amp is based on then the Fractal amp model can be modified to get close.  It doesnt have a model of the Hamstead, but as thats just a amp based on a "british sound" then it could get close using one of the many vox/marshall amps and changing the tonestack type (theres 133 to choose from).

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Enter Sandman is fun. All the isolated tracks are on YouTube it makes it so easy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkb said:
    Fractal doesnt do profiling - they model amps and pedals at a circuit and component level.  Theres 300 amp circuits modelled - all are customisable in many ways by changing tube types, tone stacks, speaker impedance transformer match, etc - so if you know what an amp is based on then the Fractal amp model can be modified to get close.  It doesnt have a model of the Hamstead, but as thats just a amp based on a "british sound" then it could get close using one of the many vox/marshall amps and changing the tonestack type (theres 133 to choose from).

67 and 104 are calling me!
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    I don't know what times other folk are likely to arrive tomorrow, but given the number of 50mph limits on the M4 in Wales, I don't expect to arrive before 10:30.

On the plus side, that means you'll have plenty of time playing around with Fractal presets before then. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I’ll be leaving Northampton at 7am, Its 2-2.5 hours depending on traffic and will need 30 mins to setup drums and mixing desk. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'll try to get there as close to 9am as possible. It's about a 2 hour drive for me.
    It's not a competition.
    I'm going to try and get there early. A friend is having leaving drinks tonight I feel like I should show my face. I'm not going to stay out and get smashed though
  • I'll be there closer to 1130-12 I think. Would prefer to get there earlier but will need to get our daughter up/fed/in the bath first. Which can take ages. 

@mrkb  - are you bringing a FRFR monitor for your Fractal? I'm bringing mine, but as I rarely take it out had forgotten it's got a fault with the volume control (you have to get it in the 'right' position to stay at one volume/not fluctuate - think it's just a bad connection). Meant to get it sorted but as it's not moved for ages it totally slipped my mind. Can just run straight into the PA if it's being a pain. 
    I'll be there closer to 1130-12 I think. Would prefer to get there earlier but will need to get our daughter up/fed/in the bath first. Which can take ages. 

@mrkb  - are you bringing a FRFR monitor for your Fractal? I'm bringing mine, but as I rarely take it out had forgotten it's got a fault with the volume control (you have to get it in the 'right' position to stay at one volume/not fluctuate - think it's just a bad connection). Meant to get it sorted but as it's not moved for ages it totally slipped my mind. Can just run straight into the PA if it's being a pain. 
    Yep I’m bringing a Redsound Elis8 FRFR, it should be plenty loud enough.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I've a dentist appointment at 9:30 and they're never on time, so I hope to be there 10:30-11.
  • I should be there for 9
  • Aiming to arrive between 9-10. 
    Just setting off. Need to get a coffee in the way I've run out and I'll get aggressive otherwise
    Solid effort lads. Well done everyone 
  • Thanks again for setting this up and great to meet everyone. 
  • Excellent to see you all - great job, everyone!
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited October 2022
    Great fun. Well done everyone. Just got home and relaxing in my comfy 'post gig' chair with a cold beer.

It's not a competition.