Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• Here's the latest list. Let me know if you spot any errors.

https://i.imgur.com/rWdhpy2.png

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @stratman3142 probably time to remove Just What I Needed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I could chug my way through Enter Sandman as rhythm guitar to backup @Vibetronic ;

I may have to practice my right hand action this week ☺️
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Neilybob said:
    I could chug my way through Enter Sandman as rhythm guitar to backup @Vibetronic ;

I may have to practice my right hand action this week ☺️
    I can maybe tackle the vocals for that as well if there's no one else
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited September 2022
    Here's the latest update.

Removed Just What I Needed at request of @Brocco

Added @roberty on vocals and @Neilybob on rhythm guitar for Enter Sandman

That means we should have enough roles for the listed songs.

https://i.imgur.com/A5bsqvr.png

It's not a competition.
    A lot of blue in that, great work @stratman3142 ;
  • There are some where there's a question mark against @onlyonebradders because I think he still needs to confirm those.

@Jonathangus could you confirm with your brother that he's definitely OK for those that he's down for.

It's not a competition.
  • There are some where there's a question mark against @onlyonebradders because I think he still needs to confirm those.

@Jonathangus could you confirm with your brother that he's definitely OK for those that he's down for.

I think he's still looking at a couple, but I'll pop him a message.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Can prstratman3142 said:
    There are some where there's a question mark against @onlyonebradders because I think he still needs to confirm those.

Can probably muddle my way through most of them. I kinda know sandman already albeit not perfectly. My Hero is more difficult as it’s bass drums all the way!
  •  @Brocco or @roberty do you need contributions for the studio booking yet? Plus what are the payment details?

It's not a competition.
  • Here's the latest update.

Removed Just What I Needed at request of @Brocco

Added @roberty on vocals and @Neilybob on rhythm guitar for Enter Sandman

That means we should have enough roles for the listed songs.

https://i.imgur.com/A5bsqvr.png

What guitar amps will be available? I need to get a Enter Sandman tone and so need to see what pedals to bring or I could bring my little Orange Jim Root Terror head. 
  •  @Neilybob there's some info on gear people are bringing that's posted on this thread on or around August 24.

Should I create another table :)  But if I do, maybe I should get my forum name changed from 'stratman' to 'spreadsheetman'

It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  •  @Neilybob there's some info on gear people are bringing that's posted on this thread on or around August 24.

Should I create another table :)  But if I do, maybe I should get my forum name changed from 'stratman' to 'spreadsheetman'

Might not be a bad idea.

Agreed spreadsheetman! 
  • Sorry, I should check in more frequently. 

If you're stuck for vocals for 2nd run on on Fortunate son, I can do that.  No worries if not as I'm singing a few already. 
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
     @Brocco or @roberty do you need contributions for the studio booking yet? Plus what are the payment details?

I need to sort that out
    edited September 2022
    Sorry, I should check in more frequently. 

If you're stuck for vocals for 2nd run on on Fortunate son, I can do that.  No worries if not as I'm singing a few already. 
    @Brocco rather than update the table, should we sort out multiple run throughs, with different line ups, on the day. Now that we've identified core line ups.

@Crazed_Fandango just a heads up that Fortunate Son is in A, standard tuning, whereas I think the original is tuned down a tone.

It's not a competition.
    edited September 2022
    Regarding gear, this is what I've got so far from reading back through the thread.
    I haven't listed guitars because I expect we'll have plenty of those to go around if people are happy to share.

Perhaps we can update this list as people respond, so we know whether we've got enough gear of the correct type plus possible spares.

I'm not clear what's happening about drums and mics

Drums

Bass Gear
    Bass Amp and bass guitar @mart
    Bass guitar: Squier PJ bass @stratman3142

Amps
    79 JMP and 1x12 cab @Jonathangus
    Roland Blues Cube Artist @stratman3142
    Matchless Light combo @Brocco

FX
    Helix LT in stompbox mode @stratman3142
    Boss CS3 Compressor @stratman3142
    Maxon OD9 @stratman3142
    Spark boost @stratman3142

Modellers
    Fractal FM9 and Redsound Elis8 FRFR @mrkb

Mics
    ? studio plus people bring their own

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited September 2022
    Okay with 11 of us the room comes to £14 each

I'll update this table as we go. I'll send a group message with my payment details

I have paid 50% upfront as a deposit and the rest will be paid on the day

Brocco14
    bobblehat14
    roberty14
    mrkb14
    Jonathangus14
    onelyonebradders0
    mart14
    Crazed_Fandango14
    stratman314214
    Neilybob14
    Vibetronic14
  • The studio mics at Factory are Shure SM58s

I'll be bringing my Sennheiser E945, but also have E935, E845 and a Behringer X1800 if anyone wants to use something non-germ-ridden.

I'm bringing a small pedal board with half a dozen pedals on...of which I'll probably only use 2 :)

Are we ok for amps, or shall I bring mine?

What time are we starting?  I've a dentist appointment  at 9:30, so hoping to get to the studio by 11.
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I’m bringing my own mic - not sharing germs with anyone else!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited September 2022
    The studio mics at Factory are Shure SM58s

I'll be bringing my Sennheiser E945, but also have E935, E845 and a Behringer X1800 if anyone wants to use something non-germ-ridden.

I'm bringing a small pedal board with half a dozen pedals on...of which I'll probably only use 2

Are we ok for amps, or shall I bring mine?

What time are we starting?  I've a dentist appointment  at 9:30, so hoping to get to the studio by 11.

I'm not sure who else is bringing an amp (apart from those listed in my earlier post today). I think it's worth having at least a total of 4 (maybe) available because IIRC, at the last jam, there were odd/brief occasions when we had about 4 guitar players at the same time later in the day. But usually it was just a couple.

What's on your pedal board?

Should I add your mics to the list?

What do you think @Brocco?
    It's not a competition.
  • Re: drums - Andy has cymbals and cymbal hardware in Bristol, but no snare.  Last time we borrowed one from Factory, but maybe @mrkb could bring his?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

I will likely bring my Pro Reverb combo amp. It's just in for a service at the moment. I plan to bring a few guitars too if anyone wants a go on them

My usual rig is not really suitable for most things
    Re: drums - Andy has cymbals and cymbal hardware in Bristol, but no snare.  Last time we borrowed one from Factory, but maybe @mrkb could bring his?
    Ok, I can bring a snare and a spare kick pedal incase factory one is a bit duff.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited September 2022

mrkb said:
    Re: drums - Andy has cymbals and cymbal hardware in Bristol, but no snare.  Last time we borrowed one from Factory, but maybe @mrkb could bring his?
    Ok, I can bring a snare and a spare kick pedal incase factory one is a bit duff.
    What about the rest of the kit (toms, stands, kick etc) was that supplied by the studio and is there an additional cost?

It's not a competition.

mrkb said:
    What about the rest of the kit (toms, stands, kick etc) was that supplied by the studio and is there an additional cost?

From the website, included in the room are:
    1x Drum Kit (minus snare and cymbals), 1x Guitar Amp, 1x Bass Amp, 1x SM58, 1x XLR, 1x Mic Stand, 1x PA and Speakers. Additional equipment is available on request.
    roberty said:

mrkb said:

From the website, included in the room are:
    1x Drum Kit (minus snare and cymbals), 1x Guitar Amp, 1x Bass Amp, 1x SM58, 1x XLR, 1x Mic Stand, 1x PA and Speakers. Additional equipment is available on request.
    I can bring a mic stand and a few long XLR cables
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    I have my own mic too which I will bring
  • Bringing my Fractal AX8 as well as guitars obviously. Doubt I’ll be there until midday or so as I’ll have toddler related stuff to do, but I’ll get there earlier if I can!