Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Football Thread. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    OK, so a bad weekend, Man U got their arse handed to them by City. Oh well, at least we got 3 goals and it wasn't a 6-0 drubbing.

It's weird though ..... I hate City and I hate City winning anything, but I just can't hate Haarland. I'm just a massive fan boy of him. It's such a monumental ball ache that he went to them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445
    Shit this is the same Utd team that beat us 3-2, how far is the gap between us and City
    Wasn’t it 3-1?

Either way, that wasn’t the same team that played Arsenal, away from home after not playing for a month in the League, all belief had gone.  I knew this would happen before the game.  City played a couple of weeks ago which would have helped them keep momentum.
    There’s no parallel universe where we would have won yesterday but after injuries and lack of play it was the Man U of old that were always going to turn up.

Plus City let in 3 goals, so there’s some hope.   

Basically what I’m saying is I don’t think the gap is quite as big as it appears between City and Arsenal and I think you have a good chance of taking points off them this season.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    edited October 2022
    I've said it before. Having Haaland is like cheating. It's like sneaking a professional footballer into a Cub Scouts game.

Could they maybe put weights on him, you know, like they handicap horses?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    OK, so a bad weekend, Man U got their arse handed to them by City. Oh well, at least we got 3 goals and it wasn't a 6-0 drubbing.

It's weird though ..... I hate City and I hate City winning anything, but I just can't hate Haarland. I'm just a massive fan boy of him. It's such a monumental ball ache that he went to them.
    I know hindsight is a wonderful asset, but hard to believe Casemiro did not start - He was born for such a role that was required in such a game 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited October 2022 tFB Trader
    See West Brom are changing the colour of their shorts from white to navy, following consultation with the women's team, regarding issues whilst on their period - Good to see Harry Maguire supporting this as he is going through the worse period of his life 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    edited October 2022
    Boro have sacked Wilder surprisingly/unsurprisingly, Gibson was always good at holding out rather than sacking. It appears he's changed tack in recent years, fuck knows who we'll get and worse still we're net bottom of the Champ. Good job!!
     At least there's still a lot of time in the season, the worry is Wilder brought in a lot of players. Let's hope they can pull their finger out 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Shit this is the same Utd team that beat us 3-2, how far is the gap between us and City
    Wasn’t it 3-1?

Either way, that wasn’t the same team that played Arsenal, away from home after not playing for a month in the League, all belief had gone.  I knew this would happen before the game.  City played a couple of weeks ago which would have helped them keep momentum.
    There’s no parallel universe where we would have won yesterday but after injuries and lack of play it was the Man U of old that were always going to turn up.

Plus City let in 3 goals, so there’s some hope.   

Basically what I’m saying is I don’t think the gap is quite as big as it appears between City and Arsenal and I think you have a good chance of taking points off them this season.

Oh yeah shit, that was last season it was 3-2. I think we could have managed the game better by not going all out to try and chase the game, and get hit on the counter. We were actually playing really well.

I think City just switched off as a 6-1 lead with a few minutes to go the defence got a bit complacent. Utd's pressing was piss poor.

I think the days of getting spanked 5-0 by City may be over but I still reckon we have another few levels to go before we are properly challenging them. Our backbone is alot better and when the first goal goes in we have that fighting spirit to actually get a goal back.
  • See West From are changing the colour of their shorts from white to navy, following consultation with the women's team, regarding issues whilst on their period - Good to see Harry Maguire supporting this as he is going through the worse period of his life 
    It would be a good idea to change the men's team's shorts as well, because the white ones keep showing that they are full of s**t...
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    Can someone check on @joneve ?

Not a good sign.   I wonder how much longer Cooper has at Forest.    I almost feel sorry for him.  

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    RobDavies said:
     I wonder how much longer Cooper has at Forest.    I almost feel sorry for him.  
    It was always going to be a challenge this season with all the incoming players. 

I understand why there had to be that number of incomings - the error was probably last season in getting promoted with the loan squad.

I guess Forest fans can enjoy the experience for the season and travel to some different away grounds, but I'd not expect them to be going to all those same grounds again next season ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    Yea it's looking like it'll be a long season for them. You can't sack the guy, even if they go down (which is a premature prediction from people I think). I think that if you believe in the guy you gotta believe in him for the long haul. Too many managers get sacked after getting a team promotion, and millions in revenue, let them get you back up. 

I think it will also be a long season for West Ham in the league. But I think we have a good shot at winning this European competition so I'd take a mid tabley finish for silverware every day of the week. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    RobDavies said:
    Can someone check on @joneve ?
    was just going to ask if anyone's seen him, been very quiet recently
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    I heard he's looking into what Lingard actually does. It's taking some time apparently.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

tFB Trader
    CHRISB50 said:
    I heard he's looking into what Lingard actually does. It's taking some time apparently.
    He did okay on loan at West Ham but otherwise a total mystery as to what is going on with him now - Surely such an inept performance has an impact on the other lads in the team - His poor effort is stopping someone else put in a decent shift

It makes you wonder, before to long, that big wages will be linked to team results/performance/win bonus rather, than a big wage regardless of their effort - Not talking about if/when injured
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I think that Forest would be mad to sack the manager. I think that teams that get promoted need to consider the fact that they will quite possibly go straight back down again, don't overspend, keep the manager whatever, and build towards a better return next time. 
  • Rodgers sacking would cost us millions but I think had we have lost last night we would have.

Was a match of them or us for sure. Cooper still has the players so owners should stick with him.
    I dare mention Lingard anymore. :lol:

Apparently Benitez is being linked with the job. He's fast becoming the Spanish Allardyce. 
  • axisus said:
    I think that Forest would be mad to sack the manager. I think that teams that get promoted need to consider the fact that they will quite possibly go straight back down again, don't overspend, keep the manager whatever, and build towards a better return next time. 
    I agree with you, however we've done the very opposite with Scott Parker (I was very surprised at the time) and played a bit better since his sacking. Managed to scrape some points in the process as well. 
    Haaland is God. I've said it. He's God. 
  • Haaland is God. I've said it. He's God. 
    Amazing isn't he!

I wonder if he'll give them CL trophy at long last...
    Haaland is God. I've said it. He's God. 
    Amazing isn't he!

I wonder if he'll give them CL trophy at long last...
    Well, I hope not lol. My admiration for him is seperate to my dislike for City :lol: 
    tFB Trader
    Is that brave, stupid and/or a sign of confidence, or even planning for the future - Steve Cooper contract extended until 2025 - Good luck to him and maybe other clubs should look beyond next week 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1416
    Is that brave, stupid and/or a sign of confidence, or even planning for the future - Steve Cooper contract extended until 2025 - Good luck to him and maybe other clubs should look beyond next week 
    Probably all of the above - I'm absolutely buzzing. Got the news whilst out on my lunch break and found myself sobbing uncontrollably. The absolute right decision. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Wow! Fair play to Forests owners who looked the least patient people in the world previously, lol.

We won on Weds, only 1-0 but it's a start, off the bottom of the league too, only way is up an all that!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Glad to hear Cooper's got a longer contact as that's one less person that our (West Brom) dimwit fans can name as a possible replacement for Bruce whom we can't afford to sack, not that it would matter anyway as Pep himself couldn't get a tune out of our club at the moment
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    I almost put Lingard in my FF team...I thought being he did well at West Ham, the fact that he will start every game at Forest, plays in an advance role would be a sole choice for a cheap midfielder that get the odd assist and goal.

He has not nothing!

As for Haaland...what impress me are 2 things, his almost inhuman ability to get into these positions, in space, inside the box and also his finishing.  The goal per touch ratio is off the chart.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Glad to hear Cooper's got a longer contact as that's one less person that our (West Brom) dimwit fans can name as a possible replacement for Bruce whom we can't afford to sack, not that it would matter anyway as Pep himself couldn't get a tune out of our club at the moment
    My friends who are scummers, I mean saints fans are breathing a sigh of relief too they have stopped taking bets on hassenhutel being sacked shortly. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    edited October 2022
    munckee said:
    Glad to hear Cooper's got a longer contact as that's one less person that our (West Brom) dimwit fans can name as a possible replacement for Bruce whom we can't afford to sack, not that it would matter anyway as Pep himself couldn't get a tune out of our club at the moment
    My friends who are scummers, I mean saints fans are breathing a sigh of relief too they have stopped taking bets on hassenhutel being sacked shortly. 
    I've nothing against the bloke I'm just fed up of our fans talking about people like him, Dyche, Bilic, as if a) they'd want a job at West Brom or b) we could afford to sack Bruce and get any of these people or c) it would make the blindest bit of difference considering we've a useless squad, an owner who is taking money out of the club for his own purposes, and a CEO who seems to be on a level with a kids Saturday league club chairman
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Try being a Pompey fan : )