Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Football Thread. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Football Thread.

What's Hot
1140141142143144146»

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    axisus said:
    LPManic said:
    Has anyone watched the Beckham show on Netflix.

Thought I’d ask here as it doesn’t deserve its own thread.

Overall it’s a horrible piece of promo. The only good thing for me was seeing all the old 90s footage again. Though the only original footage really are his dad’s home videos.

But really it is 4 hours of saying nothing. Basically at different points - WC98, 2003 at United, 2007 with Capello at RM, 2011 in LA when he wanted to stay at AC Milan - everyone hated him and he overcame by working hard and not giving up.

They skirted over the affair with Rebecca Loos in 2004 pretty well. Posh just talked about overcoming the pain and letting it go when they moved to LA.

Literally learnt nothing. But it is clear they really are in love and I don’t mean that sarcastically at all. They are perfect for each other.
    As a Man U and Beckham fan I'd quite like to see it. I'm just not sure I can be bothered with 4 hours of vacuous material when there are so many better documentaries to watch.

It always makes me laugh when I see them mention the Rebecca Loos thing, they both seem to think of it as an unfortunate accident that occurred to them. No love, your man f****** his PA.

Wow I didn't realise he was so sick in the head to bang his own dad.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    axisus said:
    It always makes me laugh when I see them mention the Rebecca Loos thing, they both seem to think of it as an unfortunate accident that occurred to them. No love, your man f****** his PA.
    I guess it's how they've managed to make their marriage survive.  I'm sure Colleen Rooney has had many moments where she's made a decision to turn a blind eye, in the interests of her family as a whole.

(And no, I've never been married.  Nor do I expect to be.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    I see Eden Hazard has just announced that he retired in 2019.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    edited October 2023
    munckee said:
    lol, He retired from football in 2019 and retired from getting a wage from Real Madrid in 2023.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkb said:
    munckee said:
    lol, He retired from football in 2019 and retired from getting a wage from Real Madrid in 2023.

must be one of the rare few to not be approach by the MLS or Saudis
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    edited October 2023
    Not strictly football related, although produced and shared by a football club - has anybody else seen the Norwich City video for mental health awareness day today? And if so did it completely destroy you as well?

Spoiler alert, it hits very hard and is heartbreaking. I was in bits watching it and then again when describing it to the wife. Ooof
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter