Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Football Thread. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    edited June 2023
    Good luck to the Hammers this evening. Just put that bloke who held off all the scrotes in hoodies at Alkmaar at centre half if the going gets tough!
    Knollsy! Yea could do with a good Julian Dicks type lol. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    @TeleMaster - Enjoy the game - Hope you win and have a few bears after - I dare say it will be the last game for Rice, so hope he goes out lifting the trophy - I'll be watching later

What a great combination Currie and Rice would be

Not sure if you'll remember Tony Currie from the 70's - cracking midfield player

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I'm aware of the player but we've met, do I look old enough? :lol: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    I'm aware of the player but we've met, do I look old enough? :lol: 
    I know your still a pup - I suppose we all know of some older players more than others - But far less tv coverage back then 

Recall many flair players back then (70's) that never really got enough international call ups - Bowles, Marsh, Alan Hudson instantly spring to mind

Must have been great back then to see Moore, Best + Marsh playing for Fulham - even if it was for a couple of games - Would not happen now as they'd all sod off to S Arabia
    tFB Trader
    So Currie and Rice in midfield

What other great combinations can we make in a team 
    edited June 2023
    So Currie and Rice in midfield

What other great combinations can we make in a team 
    Jason Steele & Jimmy Bullard. Steele Bullard. No one gets past them. (I did shoehorn Jason Steele in tbh, he barely plays lol). 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I'm not a fan of the club, but for some reason I'm really rooting for West Ham tonight. My pal was a big fan but he died 8 years ago, maybe that has a bearing.
    axisus said:
    I'm not a fan of the club, but for some reason I'm really rooting for West Ham tonight. My pal was a big fan but he died 8 years ago, maybe that has a bearing.
    That's sad, sorry to hear that. I'm sure he'd be a proud fan today. 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4843
    I hope West Ham United win tonight. Winning something in European competition has to be good for the Premier League. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    I hope they get stuffed, frankly.   
    RobDavies said:
    I hope they get stuffed, frankly.   
    We'll see ;) 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Id support any British team in Europe, even Southampton (Pompey fan). 

Hope the hammers win it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1416
    Got no bad blood for Moyes or West Ham (although didn't appreciate them pumping us 4-0), and Antonio will always be beloved at Forest...so happy to see them win it..
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    Would love to see West Ham win. It's great to see they've kept faith in Moyes after a poor season, rather than the Leeds/Spurs pluck-a-manager approach. Hopefully the board and fans will be rewarded later this evening.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    @TeleMaster - Enjoy the game - Hope you win and have a few bears after - I dare say it will be the last game for Rice, so hope he goes out lifting the trophy - I'll be watching later

What a great combination Currie and Rice would be

Not sure if you'll remember Tony Currie from the 70's - cracking midfield player

Must be a great thrill with all the nerves and anticipation - I was only 14 when we were last in a European final so only just remember it - Prior to that we were in 4 other European finals but I was to young to recall and barely any TV coverage back then anyway - I can recall 2 European semi-finals, within 2 years, both a touch over 20 years ago - So jealous of your trip but enjoy the whole experience
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2890
    All the best to the spammers and their fans. When we went to the Europa League final years ago (stuffing Juve on the way) it was the best time to be a Fulham fan, many happy memories even if we didn't quite get over the line.

Hopefully Moyes' boys can go one better!
    Thanks for all the support! I'm in the pub, I'm with my mates, whatever happens happens. Good luck to Fiorentina, i hope there's no nasty fouls or any silliness and we have a fair and open game.

COYI!!! 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    :+1:
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    edited June 2023
    West Ham is going to get in trouble after this game for the cups throwing now I think.  It’s only been 35mins and 0-0 still, what’s wrong with those people. (Minority)
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445

Terrible behaviour from a minority of West Ham fans.  I hope they find the culprits.

It’s a shame, there’s always an idiot or 2, like the Man U fan at the FA Cup.
    Yea it's such stupid behaviour. Not a great first half really. 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4843
    WHU better in the second half but that would not be hard to do. It is a strange game that they are level as we approach full time. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Good to see West Ham lift a major European trophy.  Great for English football.  Happy for Moyes also, well deserved.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Yessssssssssssssssssswsss
    We done it!!!!! Unbelievable. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Does this mean there could be a West Ham / Liverpool final in the Europa next year?

Got to say I like the creation of the Conference League, some decent teams in and less monopolised by the establishment, feels like a proper cup competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Big Congrats to WHU. 

As @guitars4you has said elsewhere, really get the feeling that this means a LOT more to West Ham and their fans than winning does to the clubs more accustomed to winning.

And what a way to do it.  Deserved, IMHO.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    I have no fingers let alone finger nails left

and I am dreading doing my blood pressure test/ measurement
    All down to our season long positivity mate ;) 
    tFB Trader
    Now go and get hammered - Well done