Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Football Thread. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Kane's got a new baby and his family are close by.

Unfortunately that puts Chelsea in the picture, and with Poch in charge the picture is getting clearer, sad to say. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    edited May 2023
    scrumhalf said:

Unfortunately that puts Chelsea in the picture, and with Poch in charge the picture is getting clearer, sad to say. 
    I cannot see him joining Chelsea. Man Utd is the likely destination if he doesn't stay at Spurs. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    scrumhalf said:

Frying pan / fire scenario …
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4008
    scrumhalf said:

I cannot see him joining Chelsea. Man Utd is the likely destination if he doesn't stay at Spurs. 
    Agreed.  But Levy has this tough guy image to uphold.  It is also no secret we are screwed in the num9 department.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    axisus said:
    That's a proper ground isn't it. You literally have to walk through peoples back gardens to get into the away end! 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    Looks like Moshiri is ready to let this MSP group take majority shareholding at Everton 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 833
    edited June 2023
    axisus said:
    That's a proper ground isn't it. You literally have to walk through peoples back gardens to get into the away end! 
    And there's a big net to stop balls going over the "corporate suites" into back gardens.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Good to see the cup final tomorrow is at the proper time of 3pm

So for all you neutral's out there who do you hope wins - For me it is City due to Haaland and Phillips as both Leeds lads - Will be great to see 2 good  sides turn it into a proper thriller and not a bore with some crap controversial goal/moment 

So for all you neutral's out there who do you hope wins - For me it is City due to Haaland and Phillips as both Leeds lads - Will be great to see 2 good  sides turn it into a proper thriller and not a bore with some crap controversial goal/moment 
    Got penalties written all over it
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    tony99 said:

You think? I’m going 2-0 City.
    I play at my dining room table.
    tFB Trader
    Deadman said:
    tony99 said:

I want City to win but want something like 3-2. with Man U making City graft and earn it - Take it to them especially with some effective counter attacks
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    I hope Utd win and stop City getting the treble, they win enough and I never particularly liked em anyway, even before they struck it rich. 

Likelihood of this happening is nil however :)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4537

But yet the Scottish Cup Final has been moved to 530 to accommodate the English Final kicking off at 3. Had it been at 3 I would be on my way to Glasgow now to watch the mighty ICT turn Celtic over again 

hoping for some more supercaleygoballisticcelticareatrocious 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader

But yet the Scottish Cup Final has been moved to 530 to accommodate the English Final kicking off at 3. Had it been at 3 I would be on my way to Glasgow now to watch the mighty ICT turn Celtic over again 

hoping for some more supercaleygoballisticcelticareatrocious 
    Have they always been on the same day - I'm going back to the 70's and 80's and trying to recall if the same day/same time or a week apart 
    As a Man U fan I'm hoping they win. Odds are against it but you never know on the day, I've seen plenty of teams getting mugged for a result in the past. It's one of those matches where I really should put a tenner on for Man City to win. I'd love to lose my money, but then again I get a tiny bit of a consolation prize for an MC win.

As I've said before, I don't like one team dominating, it's not good for sport. Having said that though I have to remember that Man U certainly had a golden period so I can't be too grumpy about  City's current run. 

I'm guessing ... City win 2-0. I'm hoping for Man U win 7-1.
    edited June 2023
    Lol what a goal. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Well fuck my old green waders.  What a start!
    Game on! 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4843
    Frustrating match for a neutral to watch. City well on top but seem to lack the desire to kill the game off. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1786
    Mmm...Bisto
    Deadman said:
    tony99 said:

Haha, maybe not. You were close though
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445

City deserved the win in the end.  We had chances and avoided a humiliation so could have been worse.  League cup and third isn’t too bad.  Not nice to lose a cup final but well done City.

tony99 said:
    Deadman said:
    tony99 said:

Haha, maybe not. You were close though
    Bang on were it not for yet another ridiculous decision.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Which one?
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4008
    sev112 said:
    Which one?
    AWB booking, clearly... haha
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    City fan, just back from Wembley. What a lovely day out!  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Celtic play good football.  Plenty of quick forward passing, players who know where the opposition's goal is, if a little vaguely at times.

(For some obscure reason, for a Spurs fan, I watched the Scottish Cup Final).
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Deadman said:
    Agreed, what a complete cunt, hope they lock him up.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.