Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What Are You Listening To Now ? - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot
1282930313234»

Comments

• Kerbdog self titled debut album, it just never gets old.. one of my faves
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Philly_Q said:
    Today I had a listen to some Greta Van Fleet albums (which are OK), and then for some reason I decided to listen to a couple of Pete Way's old bands - Fastway (which he quit to join Ozzy's band for about five minutes) and Waysted (who I saw supporting Dio in 1983).  Both pretty dreadful, in retrospect.
    I had, IIRC, the first Fastway single on 12” which was an okay Led Zep type thing I think although at the time having expected something more like Motörhead it was a bit disappointing. When I caught up with what I’d missed with later incarnations they had turned a bit hair metal. Pete, I think, had left before the first recordings had even come out. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    I play at my dining room table.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Philly_Q said:
    Today I had a listen to some Greta Van Fleet albums (which are OK), and then for some reason I decided to listen to a couple of Pete Way's old bands - Fastway (which he quit to join Ozzy's band for about five minutes) and Waysted (who I saw supporting Dio in 1983).  Both pretty dreadful, in retrospect.
    I had, IIRC, the first Fastway single on 12” which was an okay Led Zep type thing I think although at the time having expected something more like Motörhead it was a bit disappointing. When I caught up with what I’d missed with later incarnations they had turned a bit hair metal. Pete, I think, had left before the first recordings had even come out. 
    I didn't get through the whole Fastway album (it was the first one) but too many of the songs seemed to have a boogie/rock'n'roll kind of feel which I really don't like.  Maybe I should've persevered.  Waysted I know much better, but they're exactly as I remembered them - a couple of really good sleazy rock songs, but two thirds of the material is just poor.  And it gets worse on the later albums.
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 189
    Mark Kozelek was the king back in the day
    My favourite version of a great song.

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4121
     Unknown Mortal Orchestra’s album “V” from earlier this year is creeping into my number 1 spot as fav record of the year. Some great songwriting and some killer guitar tones throughout.

https://youtu.be/KN4ZIrNES9Y?si=0xLMFc8jvDss4Ey6

Brilliant live as well, Tiny Desk here:

https://youtu.be/1Wg2huulil4?si=kBGI5mANjMik6hJA
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 612
    Sweet Desire

Just found out about these guys today ... very interesting ... sounds 70s-familiar but they are in fact teenagers/early 20s and current. They even dress/look like they're from 50 years ago.

I like'em ... a lot! :+1:  Have a listen:

https://spotify.link/Nn1jFis6FDb
  • Bob Mould killing it as usual with Superchunk guys behind him

edited October 2023
    Bob Mould killing it as usual with Superchunk guys behind him
    Flip Your Lid wins 

I saw them live when they were touring Copper Blue in the early 90's and he had the same guitar!

• Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary

One of my fave albums if you've never heard it it's well worth a listen.

Opening track

Not a song, but a YouTube channel.

Remastered Videos

A few examples of his work:

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited October 2023
    KK's Priest - The Sinner Rides Again

It's Very Metal, and very silly.  The song titles are all very Priesty.  Tim "Ripper" Owens screams - a lot - and all the guitar solos go wee-wee-wee at 100 mph.

Having said that, I wonder if I'm being more critical because it's a KK album rather than a Judas Priest album?  It's ridiculous, no doubt about that, but it's also pretty entertaining.  And in addition to those 100 mph solos, there's some nice melodic guitar reminiscent of Iron Maiden... it's not at all bad really.