Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What Are You Listening To Now ? - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    This is really nice

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Sugar Horse's latest, the evocatively-named "Pictures Of Dogs Having Sex". It's very nearly as good as "Phil Spector In Hell". 

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 860
    edited April 2023
     I was listening to Californication earlier. I'm not a massive rhcp fan but this is an excellent album from start to finish. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 189
    edited April 2023
    Ozric Tentacles.

• joetelejoetele Frets: 944
     I was listening to Californication earlier. I'm not a massive rhcp fan but this is an excellent album from start to finish. 
    Definitely. It's trendy to hate RHCP but I have very fond memories of that album. The songwriting, production...it's just a great album. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    joetele said:
    Definitely. It's trendy to hate RHCP but I have very fond memories of that album. The songwriting, production...it's just a great album. 
    Yes, truly fantastic album. So 1999 is a good way. Take me back!

I like the idea of Frusciante intentionally playing less on this album. Everything very very tasteful. 

And I love the song Otherside.

Frusciante talks a lot about it in the Rick Rubin podcast. Worth searching out. Frusciante really is on another level.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    Purchased this from @jamesoliver1234 at Bristol Guitar Show - how did he know which were my favourite guitar instrumentals? Fantastic tunes played with love and consummate skill.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @Keefy thanks for buying the cd i appreciate it! got some good guests on the cd billy bremner (rockpile) bill kirchen.. redd volkaert and geraint watkins 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    A bit of twisted disco from Pigs x7 & The Lovely Eggs   https://pigspigspigspigspigspigspigs.bandcamp.com/track/hot-stuff-feat-the-lovely-eggs

Also the new project from Vaccine's guitarist Freddie Cowan 'Freddie & The Scenarios'
    https://freddieandthescenarios.bandcamp.com/album/sensei-featuring-hotei
    A bit of twisted disco from Pigs x7 & The Lovely Eggs   https://pigspigspigspigspigspigspigs.bandcamp.com/track/hot-stuff-feat-the-lovely-eggs
    Haha no way. What a cool and unlikely pairing. Thanks for posting 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Blood Ceremony - The Old Ways Remain.

First listen, only three tracks in, and I am loving it already.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thingthing Frets: 469
    Vince Gill, Oklahoma Borderline. I want his fingers, now.
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Glittering Insects.
    https://totalpunkrecords.bandcamp.com/album/glittering-insects-s-t-lp?from=hp
    I'm really enjoying this raucous racket, just bought the album. You should too  :3
    At my age I really should know better, but fuck it  ;)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
  • Live After Death
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    Going to see this lot on Wednesday. 

Up there with Blood Ceremony and The Devil's Blood. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    David Crosby :-)
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    LaLaLaLa London Bridge
    FaFaFaFa from the edge

I bloody love this....
    Dave Rowntree, London Bridge

• carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    I don't play or listen to classical guitar, but this guy is incredible.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    Misha Mansoor's solo project - Bulb - Archives: Vol 1

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

carlos said:
    I don't play or listen to classical guitar, but this guy is incredible.

Wow no kidding. Perfectly controlled. Brace yourself for the army of internet guitar players coming to announce that technical playing does nothing for them ; p
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    The soundtrack to "The Cotton Club" (1984)

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12324
    Fell down a youtube rabbit hole and ended up here:

Pretty awesome version. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    That! Feels Good! by Jessie Ware.

I've been a fan since Tough Love but it seems like she's found her stride with this album. It's groovy, jazzy, summery ... just a generally great and fun album to listen to. Love it.
    Winter Dust. Poppy Italian post-something with a bit of shouting (but tuneful shouting). No idea what it's about, but it's a nice fierce-mellow sort of thing. 

edited May 2023
    New Brutus album! Stefanie has quite a pair of lungs, especially considering she's also going at the drums with significant determination.

One of the poppier ones, though the whole album is a bit less harsh than their previous work throughout.

• duotoneduotone Frets: 885
    Bob Marley & The Wailers - Stop That Train

The Libertines - Boys in the Band

Thursday - Concealer

Elton John - Amoreena

Willow - Wait A Minute!

• swillerswiller Frets: 662
    Amazing band. Should be big, but think they like it gigging in pubs round UK. Highly recommended if they come near you. This one is a real builder. Mammoth tune.

Dont worry, be silly.
    Arkasia. Lovely frantic-but-mellow.

• Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 189
    edited June 2023
    Welcome To My Island by Caroline Polachek.