Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What Are You Listening To Now ? - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot

Comments

• maharg101maharg101 Frets: 568
    Everything Must Go by the Manics
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Asterean. Cheesy pop-death-metal or something.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 944
    Speaking of cheesy metal, this is my currently playing. 

MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 291
    Tinnitus. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I love a bit of Fear Factory. It was Resurrection from Obsolete that really got me into the chugga-chuggas. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    I love a bit of Fear Factory. It was Resurrection from Obsolete that really got me into the chugga-chuggas. 
    Me too. Love Obsolete, Demanufacture, Archetype, Genexus, Mechanize, Aggression Continuum, heck - I even like Digimortal for what it is. They do one thing, and they do it quite well. 
  • Having a metal phase here. This is my fave song from An Abstract Illusion's excellent Woe album

This is a chugging banger by Blood Red Throne, here's a playthrough by the guitarist

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    Pop, pop, lots of lovely pop, nothing heavy here.
    Expect catchy and light and happy-sounding.

Superstate, Yoga Town (feat. Graham Coxon & Valentina Pappalardo)

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    Holy Diver today. I watched a bit of the Last In Line band on YouTube last night and decided to revisit Dio. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• mo6020mo6020 Frets: 117
    This week i'm mostly listening to fellow Dorsetarian PJ Harvey. To quote someone else, her singing voice "is an ambassador for the libido", and her back catalogue is as good as or better than anyone who's been making music consistently for the past 30 years.

Here's an outrageous performance of Rid of Me (and some other stuff) from I think 2001?. "Lick my legs", indeed. Enjoy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 828
    edited April 2023
    At the moment I’ve been listening to bluesy rock so have a bit of a thing for Rival Sons, Black Pistol Fire, Goodbye June(I think the singer sounds like Bon Scott)

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

mo6020 said:
    This week i'm mostly listening to fellow Dorsetarian PJ Harvey. To quote someone else, her singing voice "is an ambassador for the libido", and her back catalogue is as good as or better than anyone who's been making music consistently for the past 30 years.

Here's an outrageous performance of Rid of Me (and some other stuff) from I think 2001?. "Lick my legs", indeed. Enjoy.

She's awesome. To Bring You My Love is one of my all time favourite albums, but the rest of her work is excellent too. I wasn't as much of a fan of Let England Shake onwards, but that's a matter of personal taste. Plus her gig at Bristol Academy during the Uh Huh Her tour was one of my top gigs alongside Fugazi in 2002 at the same venue, and And So I Watch You From Afar at the Cooler in Bristol in 2011. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    mo6020 said:

I saw her on that Big Day Out tour, in Auckland. She was on just before Placebo. Memorable day. Me and my goth friends met Brian Molko on Queen St the day before, aptly named
    joetele said:
    I wasn't as much of a fan of Let England Shake onwards, but that's a matter of personal taste
    Let England Shake is my favourite album of hers. It was prescient given the jingoism and brexit bollocks that followed
  • paulcayepaulcaye Frets: 58
    Todays Album is John Squires - Time Changes Everything.   
  • thingthing Frets: 469
    Been listening to some Richard Hawley and a friend of mine, Jo Pace who was in a band called Hank Dogs.  Beautiful voice.
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
  • paulcaye said:
    Is that worth a listen ? 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited April 2023
    2009 Journey gig in Manila on Sky Arts.

Arnel Pineda and Deen Castronovo sung so well on this gig. Neal Schon had his moments, too, with some nice melodic soloing but got very messy with those fast flurries.
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 476
    New Soft Machine track from the forthcoming album; John Etheridge on guitar.

• BtrcuBtrcu Frets: 96
    edited April 2023

• paulcaye said:
    Is that worth a listen ? 
    No

• bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493
    Adam and the Ants  - B sides.  

Melody Gardot-Lover Undercover
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    This has been in my head all morning so I’ve found it on YouTube. Classic 70s yacht rock, catchy as hell although actually from the 80s. 

I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    For some reason, this. 

This has been in my head all morning so I’ve found it on YouTube. Classic 70s yacht rock, catchy as hell although actually from the 80s. 

Ooer, lovely guitar tone. I'm betting that's a 335.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603

Actually was 70s, my bad. 

thing said:

Ooer, lovely guitar tone. I'm betting that's a 335.
    Seems to have been Paul Chester on guitar although more known as a composer/ multi instrumentalist than as a session guitarist. It is lovely playing and sound . 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    Having a bit of a Melody morning.