Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What Are You Listening To Now ? - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot
MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
Disc 3 from this excellent Family box set.

Family At The BBC

At The BBC

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SRichSRich Frets: 751
    Nice choice for a Friday.......(for any day)

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    edited December 2020
    SRich said:
    Nice choice for a Friday.......(for any day)
    I’ve neglected to rip a load of this years CD box set releases to my digital duke box.
    I started early this morning and still at it now.
    I was a Rodney the roadie on Family’s farewell tour.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2843
    edited December 2020
    Just had Mysteries by Tigercats on the turntable, now got Clutching at Straws by Marillion on. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    A friend gave me a big box of CDs since he now uses Spotify, I am working my way through it. Rod Stewart’s ‘Atlantic Crossing’ is currently playing. Apparently this is (or was) considered a classic album but it’s hard to imagine why. It’s going to the charity shop.
  • Giving my ZZTop Hits album some 11.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 885
    I bought the Christmas issue of Metal Hammer so I could get into some more modern metal music. There’s a Top 50 albums of 2020 list, so will be working my way through that.

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/y6AEBZGR8SF8L3tocPZgaY-970-80.jpg
  • adaminoadamino Frets: 125
    Cream
    John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers
    The Who
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 885
    Currently it’s these on rotation:
    Bill Evans - Sunday At The Village Vanguard (1961)
    Whiskeytown - Faithless Street (1995)
    Gojira - L’Enfant Sauvage (2012)
    Taylor Swift - Folklore (2020)
  • I've only just now discovered Ryuichi Sakamoto's album Futurista (1986). Eighties synth-pop from a galaxy brain musician - wonderful stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • xDottorexDottore Frets: 274
    Macca III and a new-to-me Ry Cooder album, "Vienna 1995", with him and David Lindley doing a variety of ol' Cooder classics as well as some different stuff, including Si Bheag Si Mhor.

You need an idea of what you are going to do, but it should be a vague idea.

My feedback page: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/91654/
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9089
    Two small children continually shouting “has he been yet?”
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Mudcrutch said:
    Disc 3 from this excellent Family box set.

Family At The BBC

At The BBC

Good stuff.  I have nine original Family vinyl records that I listen to regularly.  Can't beat a bit of Chappo !
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1569
    Whoever it was decided to put the music from Doom over Astartes

• Brilliant album.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1004
    On a bit of a shred/fusion trip atm

• En Français

• HaychHaych Frets: 5218

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    Gossip -- Perfect World
    What genre?  I suppose pop with guitars. Quite old now, still great tonight...

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    Was on a James Brown binge - 'Revolution of the Mind,' 'The Payback,' 'Funky Christmas.' But as it's Christmas, Jeff Wayne's 'War if the Worlds' has made an appearance.
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4052
    edited December 2020
    Moot Davis new album Seven Cities of Gold. 
    Great tones, some tracks very bluesy some tracks very country but seriously his best album,  out April or May I think. Check him out. 
    Here he is live in Texas. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 3884
    edited December 2020
    Right now on my earphones while my wife watches Bridgerton I'm listening to Heaven & Hell Live at Wacken.

Really wish I'd got to see this Sabbath lineup before the great RJD passed. I feel it's a shame that they dropped being called Black Sabbath as The Devil You Know deserves to be in the Sabbath canon.

However the H&H moniker did mean they could go out and play their own legacy and prove they had enough amazing songs without anything from the Ozzy era. 

Now if only Tony would give Tony Martin and get a final album to finish the Sabbath goodbye trilogy. They could tour as Headless Cross. 

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 1966
    The Steven Wilson remix of Jethro Tull’s A Passion Play with the additional Chateux d’Herouville Sessions. The latter would have been the best Tull album never released. Absolutely stunningly good. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    I got Love’s ‘Forever changes’ on vinyl for Christmas so I’ve got it on back to back at the moment. It’s incredible.
    I play at my dining room table.
  • Deadman said:
    I got Love’s ‘Forever changes’ on vinyl for Christmas so I’ve got it on back to back at the moment. It’s incredible.
    Awesome album
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    edited January 2021
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    Foul Play - Origins 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Cecilia Bartoli singing a bunch of exquisite arias from Handel, Scarlatti et al.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer