Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What Are You Listening To Now ? - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    XTC - Skylarking. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    XTC - Skylarking. 
    XTC - Yacht dance
    I play at my dining room table.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    duotone said:
    This past week it’s been a bit of reggae, now that my hi-fi is set up and working again (after a fuse change). 
    Lee Scratch Perry/ The Upsetters - Super Ape (1976)
    King Tubby - King Tubbys Meets Rockers Uptown (1976)

Just realised they were released in the same year.
    Check out The Congos - Heart of The Congos if you haven't already 
    Gladstone Anderson - Peace Pipe.

Scientist encounters PAC Man

Fat Freddy’s Drop - Live at the Roundhouse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I've been listening to a lot of Blue Öyster Cult.  I've been a bit of a fan for 40 years, but every now and then I become mildly obsessed with them... then forget about them again for a decade.  Most of the albums have at least two dud tracks for every good one, but at least they're not all the same.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Just taken delivery of an album called "Prosthuman" by Camera. Instrumental music in the style of Neu! and Can. Well worth a listen if that's your thing. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Cacofonix said:
    duotone said:
    This past week it’s been a bit of reggae, now that my hi-fi is set up and working again (after a fuse change). 
    Lee Scratch Perry/ The Upsetters - Super Ape (1976)
    King Tubby - King Tubbys Meets Rockers Uptown (1976)

Just realised they were released in the same year.
    Check out The Congos - Heart of The Congos if you haven't already 
    Gladstone Anderson - Peace Pipe.

Scientist encounters PAC Man

Fat Freddy’s Drop - Live at the Roundhouse.
    Enjoying lots of Fat Freddys Drop, although 16 minute dub-soul jams appreciated in quite an ambient way! They have a couple of U.K. dates coming up although nothing I can get to. 

I like a bit of 10 Foot Ganja Plant who were exploring similar modern dub/ reggae grooves with various guest musicians so some of it is instrumental, some with various singers. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Alabama 3 Outlaw Album Cover Sticker Album Cover Sticker
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 860

• koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4052
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Lovely version of "The Parting Glass"  by Jon Rennard, a Leeds-based folk singer/guitarist active in the 1960s who died tragically young in 1971. I came across this from the Facebook page of Henry Parker, himself a handy Yorkshire folk musician.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 3884
    I've been really enjoying the new Hanging Garden album Skeleton Lake. This former Doom band is on a similar trajectory to bands like Anathema and The Gathering. Blending their former metals tones with a new sound thanks to adding female vocals to the mix. To me, despite being still a metal band there are things that remind me of All About Eve in the new music. 

• koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4052
    Cole Chaney Debut album Mercy.
    Just turned 21 years old. 
    It's awesome.

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Muddy Waters - Electric Mud

I believe Blues purists pooh-pooh it.  I think it's great.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Pretenders - Hate For Sale

Perfect semi-intoxicated lazy sunny afternoon soundtrack.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 828
    Black Angels _ Entrance Song
    clutch - Electric Worry
    The latest strokes album
    And a song called Hipster Shakes by a band called Black Pistol Fire that I know nothing about but like the guitar

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• rprrpr Frets: 302
    The new St Vincent album is the best new thing I've heard in ages ,tho enjoying CARNAGE the new Nick Cave/Warren Elllis record is really good.

Papa? 
    Nicole? 
    Papa?

etc,etc

https://youtu.be/DV4EI3NbUdY

bit of chilled gypsy jazz. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    Stranger Things OST 

The Black Keys - Strange Potion

The Byrds - Fifth Dimension 

Jose Gonzalez - Veneer

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• LogieLogie Frets: 428
    edited June 2021
    Today I am mainly lacquering our new internal doors so, in order of play, my choices have been :- 

Bitter Suite - Hue and Cry
    The best of Sting
    Apocalyptic Love - Slash
    Stanley Road - Paul Weller
    The best of Motorhead

It's been quite an enjoyable afternoon.

The ridiculously talented Julian Lage.
    New video released today, performing "Saint Rose"
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    Garth Brooks - The Hits
  • LogieLogie Frets: 428
    Lacquering again!

Best of Nazareth

Initiaton - Sumo Cyco

Led Zepellin III
    Carson McKee doing a cool version of Dylan's "Simple Twist of Fate"

Having mentioned Fantastic Negrito elsewhere on here answering a question about modern blues…well a few Fantastic Negrito tracks. 
    I didn’t know the Disney connection so if any of you watched winter soldier thing and wondered what this was 

https://youtu.be/vwQgE4AzEPI

I think this is the one he’s best known for 

https://youtu.be/djWziMwFVWw

And something gospelish, I know the rap section will endear him to everyone on here :smirk: 

https://youtu.be/nNUMLxzWx5Q
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Yesterday and today (no, not that record!), I have been mostly listening in the car to a Flight Of The Conchords segue compilation that I edited together on Adobe Audition BEFORE they nobbled it.

Next up, just ordered a copy of Never For Ever (2018 remaster).
    Be seeing you.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 9764

Reliving a bit of pychobilly from my youth, so currently listening to I Sickness And In Health by Demented Are Go and absolutely loving it. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445

Anything by JJ Grey

https://youtu.be/nxrcWPUX5gQ
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    After last week's Brill Robbie Robertson/The Band doc I've been going through their stuff again. Very much enjoying Moondog Matinee today.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

This was the first version of "Tangled Up In Blue" that I was exposed to so for me it has always been 'the best" - though of course the others are really good, too. There's something haunting about this one, though

• LitterickLitterick Frets: 476
    New Aldous Harding