Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What Are You Listening To Now ? - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot

Comments

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    Chuffola said:
    A Trick of the Tail, Genesis. I’m on a bit of a prog revival at the moment and listening to some of the classics - Close To The Edge, Thick As A Brick, Tarkus, Court Of The Crimson King etc just reinforces what absolute masterpieces of musicianship they are. No Pro Tools, No Autotune, probably barely a click track - actually that probably helps with the overall “groove” most of these albums have - and completely brilliant. 

Mad Man Moon is playing just now - my least favourite track when I was a young progger at school in the 80s, but it’s just beautiful.  
    I picked up In The Court of the Crimson King a while back and it is stunningly beautiful. At one point Fripp plays clean with the tone control way down on his guitar and it sounds sublime - I can't imagine anyone doing that nowadays for fear of becoming 'lost in the mix'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Aerosmith's Rocks Vrip. Lick And A Promise is just fading out. I'm on the drive and I'll wait until Home Tonight has finished before I go back in the house :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    The Chuck Rainey Coalition
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2093
    Just giving Dinosaur Jr’s Bug a listen to. I haven’t listened to it for donkey’s years, it’s still good!
  • LogieLogie Frets: 428
    Thin Lizzy Life. Great live farewell album.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Revisiting my Yoof with some Priest - 
  • Today’s afternoon album was So by Peter Gabriel

Even though I know most the songs - I think most of them have been released as singles.  I have never really just sat down a listened to it.  So this afternoon got my headphones on and just sat down and listened to it.  

It was a great choice. 
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    An absolute gem of an album, one of my favourites.  There isn't a bad song on the album, some sublime guitar playing and if you want to know what a Strat sounds like through a Dual Rectifier then look no further.  Also made me realise that a dual rec isn't just a one trick heavy rock machine.

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

Just finished Camel A Live Record again. Couldn’t even hazard a guess as to how many times I’ve listened to it in my lifetime :)
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    New Stereolab here.
    I play at my dining room table.
  • MattWMattW Frets: 80
    The new Mogwai.....which is making me want to buy more pedals.
    Just finished listening to the new Cheval Sombre album.... Good stuff again.
    edited March 2021
    Deadman said:
    New Stereolab here.
    I was really pee’d off at missing the mirri board vinyl release of this.... I’ll get round to listening to it at some point... do you rate it?
  • stickersticker Frets: 868
    Currently revisiting the Dire Straits catalogue ... some absolute tunes and some ....not so much.
    Chris Cornell's Higher Truth. Fantastic album from start to finish.
  • DonnyMacDonnyMac Frets: 36
    The newish Gillian Welch & David Rawlings album All the Good Times, just love David Rawlings.
    DonnyMac said:
    The newish Gillian Welch & David Rawlings album All the Good Times, just love David Rawlings.
    Ooh I love their stuff, will look this out.
    Frank by Amy Winehouse. The better of her two albums for me.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Since watching Scream For Me Sarajevo again the other night I've been on a Bruce Dickinson solo album binge the last couple of days.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603

somehow MCC came upon the forum and I have been listening again. Probably a bit middle of the road for many tastes but lovely singer songwriter who managed not to become a rootin' tootin' ten gallon hat wearing country star and made a living doing her own thing.  
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    DonnyMac said:

I came on this thread to say I am listening to the last but one release. Boots No. 2 The Lost Songs. (3 disc set). It is absolutely outstanding! Just songs that were left out of the  albums, and alternate versions, but it has really connected with me.

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Marc Ribot Plays the Solo Guitar Works of Frantz Casseus

Fretboard sorcery
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    Logie said:
    Just finished Camel A Live Record again. Couldn’t even hazard a guess as to how many times I’ve listened to it in my lifetime :)
    I'm on cd #3 and record #2 :-)

To-nite's pleasure is Peter Blegvad

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    Van Halen II (spurred on by the VH appreciation thread )
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Stephen Morris Fast Forward audiobook.
    Be seeing you.
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 486
    War On Drugs - Live Drugs
    Byrds - Untitled/Unissued
    Can - Soon Over Babaluma 
    V/A - Surrender to The Rhythm (The London Pub Rock Scene of the 1970s)
    Television - The Blow Up
    My AC/DC tribute band playlist to learn some lyrics :)
    26.2 said:
    Television - The Blow Up
    Don't know about the rest but this is a cracking listen!
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493
    Folklore - Taylor Swift

I usually have zero interest in Taylor Swift's output but stumbled across a documentary on Disney+ last week. Its essentially just her and two musicians in a Studio playing the whole album through live and discussing the writing process for each song and how it came together during lockdown. I found the film really engaging and the Album has some great tunes. 

• PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 931
    Trouble’s first couple of albums and Iommi and Hughes Dep sessions 
    Forgotten (by me) gems.