Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1271
    It’s ok guys, I will try my best to enjoy my guitar with it’s disgusting join line. I mean it’ll be tough, but I’ll do my best! 
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    newi123 said:
    crunchman said:
    newi123 said:
    Mine arrived from GG and plays well - low and buzz free......... so how do you raise the action on a les Paul?

Screw the bridge up.  Slacken the strings off first.
    Thanks.

Also, my sign off card dated 30th Jan 17. So it's been sat around for a while!
    Mine's 12/12/16 and just needed the truss rod loosening a smidge.  The action is spot on now.  If the buzzing is mostly at the nut end it's most likely neck relief (you may already know this)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    Shame they come with the pickguard attached now.

Guess I'll have to put up with the screw holes after I remove it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Adamski said:
    It’s ok guys, I will try my best to enjoy my guitar with it’s disgusting join line. I mean it’ll be tough, but I’ll do my best! 
    I like mine, but would rather have yours!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Fishboy7 said:

Leave the screws in?  Drip some candle wax in the holes?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ricorico Frets: 1219
    Adamski said:
    Haha. Touche.
  • roberty said:
    Fishboy7 said:

I'm not a pickguard fan, but on this it'll be staying. It just seems wrong to remove it. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • mortmort Frets: 709
    roberty said:
    Fishboy7 said:

I'm not a pickguard fan, but on this it'll be staying. It just seems wrong to remove it. 
    Agree - took mine off and it looked wrong, so,it’s back on now. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    Fishboy7 said:

Burn the heretic.  Les Pauls just don't look right without pickguard.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Setup on mine from GG is pretty good I thought. I need to change it to suit me a bit better as the action is super low but there is no buzzing and it sounds excellent. 

Date on mine is 24/02/2017.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Amazing some of these got manufactured so early considering they weren’t released until summer 2017 or thereabouts...
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5511
    rico said:
    Brize said:
    rico said:
    I was on the edge of buying one of these but the join lines really put me off. For me it ruins the guitar. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a nice plaintop!
    The join line between the two pieces of maple?
    Yes exactly. It's mainly why I prefer solid colours but these plaintops with very subtle joins are more and more appealing to me!
    Blimey, I thought I was fussy!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Whitecat said:
    Amazing some of these got manufactured so early considering they weren’t released until summer 2017 or thereabouts...
    Not really as any manufacturer will want to have decent stock levels out there on launch, and sending all over the world in shipping containers takes time!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    dbphoto said:
    Whitecat said:
    Not really as any manufacturer will want to have decent stock levels out there on launch, and sending all over the world in shipping containers takes time!
    “Launch” was NAMM... but nobody saw any at dealers till many months later... an unusually long gap. 
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    dbphoto said:
    I selected mine from Peach mostly based on not really being able to see the join

That’s a beaut :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    SteveF said:
    dbphoto said:
    I selected mine from Peach mostly based on not really being able to see the join

That’s a beaut :)
    Sure is!  I can empathise with those who bought two :-)
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    newi123 said:
    crunchman said:
    newi123 said:
    Mine arrived from GG and plays well - low and buzz free......... so how do you raise the action on a les Paul?

Screw the bridge up.  Slacken the strings off first.
    Thanks.

Also, my sign off card dated 30th Jan 17. So it's been sat around for a while!
    Mine is a November 17 I think. (The handwriting is pretty bad!) 
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Sep 2017 here. Feel I should stand up for GG again, when I called the person on the other end of the phone was as excited about me buying an R8 as I was and helped me choose one with the nicest top. It's a big operation but the people I spoke to were universally great. Last time I bought a guitar from them blind one of their staff wandered around the shop for me for about half an hour trying guitars in my price range and letting me know how they felt. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GG are getting a shed load of stick. Peach are always incredible, goes without saying, I love that place, the gear I've bought from them and their service. But GG have been good with me on every occasion, including this one.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    I'll be honest, I don't feel it's stick aimed at GG, but mostly fair criticism if I'm honest. Also they're being held up to a high standard as Peach are that good, however when selling what is normally a £4k guitar they should really be providing a better service anyway, it seems like its all been a bit inconsistent in comparison, so they are only opening themselves up to the criticism by their own actions in the end aren't they? To be fair to them also, there's been a couple of the Peach one's with broken switch tips haven't there? Although that's more likely a shipping issue than a Peach one perhaps. There have been mitigating circumstances of course as we've discussed already in the thread, but it appears Peach have managed this far more effectively than GG also. 

Bottom line is, the majority of people on the thread have received an excellent guitar and experienced great sevrice from wherever they bought it, so that should be applauded. Keep the positivity rolling!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    This thread is way too positive and jolly.
    Anyone seen @Emp_Fab ?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've started a poll via a VERY quick google form...should take you two seconds to answer. Cheers!

Only 21 responses so far, there are definitely more. Anyone else fancy doing this R8 poll?

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Dunnit. Tidy darts!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Jeez, who bought 4?!!!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    Boromedic said:
    Jeez, who bought 4?!!!
    Probably the person trying to flip one at £3.5k...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've started a poll via a VERY quick google form...should take you two seconds to answer. Cheers!

Only 21 responses so far, there are definitely more. Anyone else fancy doing this R8 poll?
    The R9 guy gave zero fucks and filled it in anyway...good man! :-)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    just completed  the poll
  • I filled it in too!

A video of mine for those interested...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793

I'm really surprised by the number of you offended by a join line.   Its almost like you have never seen a Les Paul before.

One piece tops are relatively rare, so much they almost look odd to me

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5307
    edited August 2018
    I filled it in too!

A video of mine for those interested...

Symphonies of Sickness - great album. Also - nice guitar